Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

need some advice. bought a pair of s0500xx over a week ago. they are a size 30, which i always wear in my sams, but they are too tight in the waist. i can barely get top button on but i'm scared that i might pop the button and kill someone. the denim will stretch, no doubt. but is there a way to speed up the process of stretching out the waist?

It's probably because it's a chainstitch, just like on the hem. That's how they unravel, unfortunately. Any decent tailor/machinist can fix that with a standard lockstitch machine or you could sew it by hand.

Looks like those have some shrinking left to do. I'd throw them in the washing machine on hot with no detergent. That's my experience with Samurais; a hot soak or two doesn't do it, they need agitation.

wow, seriously??? i know they're very wrinkly but that's just from drying stiff and me putting them on for the first time. Is this cut supposed to be that snug?

also never encountered something like this on any of my pairs. but it is repairable.

this is true. Will I repair them??? probably not. I just cut the thread for now. i was kind of looking forward to seeing the light brown thread matched with the denim when they fade but its no biggie

wow, seriously??? i know they're very wrinkly but that's just from drying stiff and me putting them on for the first time. Is this cut supposed to be that snug?

No, it's not supposed to be that snug, just like Samurai's slim styles are supposed to be worn TTS. Sorry, I don't subscribe to SDO ideology. They're supposed to fit exactly like that, which seems fairly perfectly. And that denim/style shrinks more than others so don't overdo washing (i.e. agitated hot or machine drying, which reportedly robs high-costs denims of their resin which helps creasing and fading) or suffer the too-tight consequences. Just my (informed) opinion...

First review of the S5000VX24oz

I just put them on and it was a fight. Some of my jeans shrank to a smaller size than these but there was no problem to buttom them up and stretch them. I really needed some minutes till I could button these 24oz beast up.

They are now raping my hip ;-) I think it's my slimmest Samurai fit I currently own.

The denim is very thick and rigid but also not as slubby&irregular as the other Samurai denim. I think it's the same with the PBJ and SG heavy denim. Both brands are also known for slubby and irregular denim but the heavier, the cleaner the denim is woven. Maybe because the looms are already under such heavy stress that irregular yarns would torture the looms too much.

Measurements

waist: 34 / 33

front rise: 11,5 / 10,75

back rise: 15 / 14

thigh: 13 / 12,5

knee: 9,5 / <9,5

leg opening: 9 / 8,75

inseam: 37,5 / 35,75

Pre-soak fit pics

S5000VX24ozpresoak.jpg

I must completely agree with all that b_F says about the fit of these. I own the S0500 in the same size as the S5000VX and the top block is much more forgiving. I wore these around the house for a few weeks just to get them to "know me" before I soaked them tonite...It didn't matter one f******* bit like b_F said. This was a fight like I've never had. I expect to see some fair bruises on my hips. Don't size down. I wish I sized up.