Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I purchased them from 2nd a while back. Kinda corny, but I generally like to keep my denim sterile and let the character and texture of the fabric speak for itself, so I remove the arcs and tabs from any pair (of any brand) I buy. :)

I definitely agree though. I've have this pair and an even older lot 9 and they're definitely a lot slubbier than my friend's lot 12. It's the whole reason I love this jean.

^looking good. Lot.13 or what?

how could you miss that? it's up since 3 or 4 days and always on the first page of superdenim :P

gotcha. i dont really look at anything other than the threads im already subscribed to

are samurais supposed to shrink a lot? i have f310s but i'd like something tapered so i'm looking at s710s. the measurements are still bigger from the knee up in a size 30 in the 710s than what my size 31 f310s are. will they shrink enough or are they still going to be bigger than the f310s?

thanks

I think jeans need to be air dried in a sterile environment at 23degC +/-1degC and a relative humidity of 45%.

In all honesty, it shouldn't matter if you do two hot soaks in a row. It just matters that you get starch out of the denim. Starch prevents the water from getting into the fabric and water is what causes the fibers to constrict. So as long as you change the water from your two sequential hot soaks you should not have to worry about letting them air dry.

That is what he's asking... i.e. does shrinkage occur while they dry, or is it all during the washing/aggitating? I actually don't know, either.

yah, that was what i was trying to get at...thanks!

Ok, so Bokkepoot has messaged me expressing interest in a contest. Basically its just for the element models. We don't have a sponsor, nor a set time when it starts or date, but below is the list on what pairs we have already we only need 2 more pairs. If anyone is interested and has one of the pairs needed please pm me.

It is just a contest for pure fun (my guess thatll last about a year) to see all the element samurais age. Preferably as new as can be would be ideal. My pair is atm 5 days old, so lets say <1 month would be ideal. Also since there isn't and prizes or judges or sponsors there is no update time frame, but we kind of want to have updates monthly if possible so at the end we can compare the fadings of all the pairs.

S5000GX-K Wind Ali_Ilegali size 31

S5000GX-S Void/Sky

S5000GX-H Fire

S5000GX-T Earth laxlife1234 Size 30

S5000GX-M Water Greeneye/Bokkepoot Size 29

Bolded are what we need.

I guess if you already have a pair that one of us has please pm me anyways can't hurt to have more than 1 of the same pairs.

Edit:

Also You don't have to be a senior member to participate, you can be BRAND NEW for all I care. We just need 2 people to fill the void.