Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

You're right. Having a pair of 19 ozers pretty much eliminates the possibility of ever going with anything lighter so I figured I'd go with 21. I did ample research on the 510 and found a few fits that were exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately mine didn't end up that way. Good thing my 710s are in their prime

b_F

I wear 34s in S0500 and I have 34s in SD103s.

These S5000VX shrank to 33" waist...I am a true 35".

I soaked the S5000VX 24oz in cold water for 90min, and hung to dry.

I felt like Gulliver's travels, I couldn't go past the 3rd button. Still can't do the top button. I say size up 1.

b_F

I wear 34s in S0500 and I have 34s in SD103s.

These S5000VX shrank to 33" waist...I am a true 35".

I soaked the S5000VX 24oz in cold water for 90min, and hung to dry.

I felt like Gulliver's travels, I couldn't go past the 3rd button. Still can't do the top button. I say size up 1.

Weird - I have 34s in SD 103s and S5000 24oz. After two 90 min. back-to-back hot soaks/hang drys, my S5000's are still loser than my 103s.

ay...don't tell me that, I just got one in size 30 which is like 1/2 size down. I can handle an inch shrinkage but not 2!

well, honestly i do predict the 24oz to shrink quite a bit. it's between anywhere from 1-2 inches with my pair. to my from my experience, the shrinkage is much more when the denim is heavier. but no worries because i think the denim will stretch as well mate.

but still, from the 710 to s5000vx, there's definitely a difference, but still like the s5000vx cut too. :D

2nd got dem s5000KA24oz pre-order pics

price is high but I'll might bite... my stronghold persimmon's get the most wear out of any of my jeans nowadays...

worried about that weird vertical streak on the back of the legs, though... could be a dealbreaker.

they are for pre-order since 1 or 2 weeks. and no information about in on Samurai HP. It's a bit strange.

also the pics can be misleading. I remember the pics of the S0510XX66-RR where the denim looks so flat and boring...but in reality it's a great 15oz Texas Cotton at its best

nice evo, finn.

received a pair of (slightly used) samurai s510xx 24oz-L today. amazing jeans. now i can´t decide which jeans to wear as my no.1 pair from 1st of september (it´s jmc 906 vs. black pigs vs. samurais).

Keep loving those pigs man, think about the HWDC ;)

Although I would be tempted with the Sams too :confused:

How big is the difference between the 17oz, and 19oz, in terms of feel? If you didn't know which was which, could you mistake the 19 for the 17?

In my opinion there is quite a difference. I am currently wearing my 17oz S5000BK's, and earlier in the year I wore 19oz S710XX, I am also rotating my 21oz S5000VX. The 19oz denim has much more in common with the 21oz than it does the 17oz I reckon, my 17oz feel quite light in comparison.