Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

First impressions of the raw enim. I will soak them in a few hours. But will ttake pics before.

1. The denim has a unique texture (at least to me). Now, it feels like a grating, as if you could feel every single warp thread and inbetween there's a gap. That will surely change after the soak when the fabric tightens up. Maybe Oni or PBJ also feel this way but I haven't handeld those yet

2. The color: there are so many, many different shades of blue on it. Overall the color is lighter than my other pairs but maybe the soak will change that.

To be continued... ;)

It's been a while since I've been around here, but I may be picking up a new pair of jeans for work today so figured I may as well update my Samurais.

Sammy 710, bought in summer 2007 and they have seen everything from daily wear to infrequent use between then and now. Countless repairs (both professional and emergency fixes) with new ones showing up as well.

Don't think I can go back to lightweight denim after these...

GVyzS.jpg

OjR3k.jpg

S510AI-OGSP

So...a nice little box

P1030497.jpg

With a nice content

P1030498.jpg

And also this (bigger than I thought)

P1030505.jpg

Close-up of the leather patch and the selvage line

P1030499.jpg

P1030500.jpg

More pics will follow...

Pre-soak fit

OGSPpresoak.jpg

Pre-soak measurements

waist: 34

front rise: 12

back rise: 15,75

thigh: 13,5

knee: 10,25

leg opening: 9,25

inseam: 38,125

b_F those look amazing!

i've been fascinated with them since i first saw them. unfortunately they are out of my price range and a little too full for me from the knee down.

i love the bag they come with too, as funny as it sounds if i bought those i'd be as excited about that bag as the jeans themselves.