Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Attempted to order a pair of 21oz 510s from 2ND through Rakuten earlier today and they replied a couple hours later. The email was in Japanese so here is the google translation:

"

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------

This is important for e-mail e-mail your order.

Please save to complete the transaction.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------

As RomeroDrew

Thank you for your help always. 2ND (second) is.

Unfortunately,

You are so we canceled our order in the past,

Can not accept an order from you in the future.

Unfortunately with this kind of response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Will be rude.

"

Can anyone shed some light on my situation ? Thanks in advance

Maybe you should post the actual japanese text and maybe somebody here can translate it. I don't always trust the google translation.

ok i've tried to research this myself, honestly I did. I looked at and compared the measurements of the thigh, knee and leg opening on BIG's website to try to answer this question myself but there's just too much variation between the different versions of the same model. So I'm throwing it out to you Sammie freaks who actually own multiple models...can you please rank the overall slimness of the 500, 510 and 5000 models? from least to most slim? Thanks.

if treating tag sizes all the same it should be 510, 5000, 500 but it also depends how you size it as you can get a 5000 cut slimmer than the 500 if you size down enough but i guess that can be the case for any of the three.

my opinion. it depends all on the sizing. you can tweak the fit a bit with sizing down. but compared to the same waist size:

510 is the loosest

5000 is rather slim in the top block

0500 gives you more room in the thighs and tapers, so if you size down on the S0500 you might up end with a slimmer silhouette, as the leg opening is smaller.

here are my fits:

S0500 sized down 2

s0500xximg.jpg

S5000 sized down 1

s5000vximg.jpg

but you can get the S5000 cut to look like this (S5000VX24oz, sized down one)

S5000VX24ozpostsoak.jpg

they shrank from tag size and run smaller than the regular S5000VX

b_f, did sizing down two on S0500XX cause the waist and thighs to be too tight for the first couple of days? It seems now after wearing them they look perfect. I know there is significant give in the waist for Sams, can they stretch out quite a bit in thigh as well? I guess i should also be accounting for the LOT # also. Being an athlete my thighs usually get in the way of slimmer fits. I need at least 12" from crotch to outseam horizontally across.

I am usually a Size 32. To use a common example, I wear 32 in Nudie AJ. I am thinking about S0500XX or S710XX. I am guessing I should be 31 in 500 and 32 in 710. Hoping to get a fit as close as possible to yours b_F

b_f, did sizing down two on S0500XX cause the waist and thighs to be too tight for the first couple of days? It seems now after wearing them they look perfect. I know there is significant give in the waist for Sams, can they stretch out quite a bit in thigh as well? I guess i should also be accounting for the LOT # also. Being an athlete my thighs usually get in the way of slimmer fits. I need at least 12" from crotch to outseam horizontally across.

I am usually a Size 32. To use a common example, I wear 32 in Nudie AJ. I am thinking about S0500XX or S710XX. I am guessing I should be 31 in 500 and 32 in 710. Hoping to get a fit as close as possible to yours b_F

waist was tight...thighs kinda worked..but I sold the pair and went "sized down one". you're right, stretching in the waist is rather easy...thighs not so and often looks stupid IMO. and yes, the lot# can play a role.

what do your Nudies measure right now after they stretched in the waist?. from my expereince you'd be rather a 32 in the S0500 and 33 in the S710

haven't tried the dryer as for now but even Cone Denim says the dryer is harmful for the indigo. and if you're not in a hurry to dry your pants...just hang dry.

about washing in the machine: I washed two pairs of mine for major shrinkage in the machine. and both pairs had faded lines all over...I even put them in the machine after a soak while the pairs still being wet to avoid this...but some creases faded. so I won't wash a pair of jeans again just for shrinkage. I prefer two hot soaks with agitation. maybe my machine ist just shit

but when worn in, I just wash in the machine

Posted · Hidden by im_shy, December 9, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by im_shy, December 9, 2011 - No reason given

^you should downsize on your shirt more.

I have to say the sized down 2 looked pretty good on b_f. Why did you sell it?

waist was tight...thighs kinda worked..but I sold the pair and went "sized down one". you're right, stretching in the waist is rather easy...thighs not so and often looks stupid IMO. and yes, the lot# can play a role.

what do your Nudies measure right now after they stretched in the waist?. from my expereince you'd be rather a 32 in the S0500 and 33 in the S710

Hi,

The nudies are already a light blue wash and were given to me by my girl. It measures 16.25" aligned and measured BiG style.

WAIST%20copy_1.jpg

I own 1947 W34 which shrank to 16-16.5" and Momotaro 805sp W33 which are actually 16.5" measured. The 47s are perfect and Momos are tad loose. So, I guess I do best with somewhere in between 16 and 16.5.

My only worry with W32 S0500XX was stretch. I am guessing if after the initial soak they are not tight and fit perfect it won't stretch much especially if worn with a belt?

^you should downsize on your shirt more.
is that the bunny from donnie darko ? nice jeans.

jesus :(

I CAN USE INTERNETZ

I have to say the sized down 2 looked pretty good on b_f. Why did you sell it?

because to uncomfortable and they would have shrinked more with teh first machine wash...so I'm happier this way

@jaz13: from what you wrote a size 31 which would measure 32" pre soak could work and give you a nice slimmer fit