Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

more sizing help needed :(

After getting paranoid about ordering again i decided to take some measurements.

First i measured my size 34 Naked & Famous Slim Guy Elephant Denim, they measured out to a 40 waist.

Next i measured my size 32 APC New Standard, they measured out to a 38 waist.

I then measured my waist at 2 inches below my navel. This measured out to a 38.

What size would i need in the s5000vx? I've been a 34 in jeans my whole life... Im starting to feel like a plus size :(

welcome to the world of vanity sizing which only gives you the feeling of being thinner than you are.

so size 36 or even 38 would be the way to go in the S5000VX.

37 would be ideal, as a little bit downsizing on the S5000VX is good but they don't male size 37.

size 36 could work as the VX stretches a lot in the waist. what are the thigh measurements on your pairs? you also have to consider the thigh on the S5000.

oh I see you talk about the 21oz version. as I said, those shrink from tag size but megatron experienced it different

Get a 36, it will fit you fine maybe even a little loose after around 20 wears. The denim shrinks back after every wash/ soak, and they are great jeans, the best I have owned so far.

A couple of pages ago I asked about whether Samurai denim jackets are sanforized. After washing my Jin jacket (0222xj), I can cinfirm that they are indeed one washed, so no shrinkage and minimal colour lost. I'll put some pics up later.

So are you sagging with these jeans? Don't get me wrong the fades look incredible. It's just where their positioned on the denim that scares me. How tall are you?

was curious myself how they looked on so i looked at his other posts and found this fit pic. nice fades regardless but the stacks are a bit much for me

5733723545_026947b36e_z.jpg

Hall of Fame/Bape/Samurai/Clarks/Swag

IMO both the jeans and the fit are great, the kind of stuff that makes superdenim worth visiting. That we don't all wear our jeans the same way, it's a good thing.

QFT, variety is the spice of life. It's not how I do things, but I love seeing it done by those who can pull it off.

I'm pretty sure that my 21oz did not say "Zero Denim" on the cardboard tag, but 17oz BK's did.

The 21oz is "the cloth of excellence", which I love in a Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure kind of way.

Yeah, the 17oz denim in indigo and black is THE zero denim. I don't really get what the problem is. The 24oz denim is frekking 7oz heavier, so of course it is a different denim. If he could explain what features the Zero denim has in his eyes, then we could discuss further, I guess.

My understanding is Zero denim refers to the thickness of the thread that is used on the jeans. Thread thickness is measured from 10 to 0, with 0 being the thickest & 10 being the thinnest. If you own both the 510 21 oz and the 5000vx 21 oz you can tell there is a big different in the fabric. The reason I enjoy the zero denim so much is because of the thread heftiness & it fades so awesome cause the zero threads holds more indigo hints it being a thick thread. I just thought the idea of 1) a heavy weight denim (24 oz) made with the thickest possible thread (zero) was a crazy wild concept. & 2) it pushing the envelope. Maybe I'm in a boat all by myself lol. Thanks guys for your input.

My understanding is Zero denim refers to the thickness of the thread that is used on the jeans. Thread thickness is measured from 10 to 0, with 0 being the thickest & 10 being the thinnest. If you own both the 510 21 oz and the 5000vx 21 oz you can tell there is a big different in the fabric. The reason I enjoy the zero denim so much is because of the thread heftiness & it fades so awesome cause the zero threads holds more indigo hints it being a thick thread. I just thought the idea of 1) a heavy weight denim (24 oz) made with the thickest possible thread (zero) was a crazy wild concept. & 2) it pushing the envelope. Maybe I'm in a boat all by myself lol. Thanks guys for your input.

Well, I never knew why they called it Zero denim, your approach sounds logical. But from what I know it is #5 Yarn they use on this denim (17oz)

I have to admit I don't own the S5000VX21oz (shame on me) so I can't compare the S5000VX21oz with my S510XX21oz.

But you are right, that the 24oz denim yarns are not extreme thick and also not so uneven like on the good old 17oz VX denim.

I think such an uneven yarn would be even more difficult for weaving a thick denim which is already a heavy stress for the looms so they rather made it smoother and regular.