Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm not sure about once it gets to that point, but if they're ABOUT to give out a tailor can reinforce button holes really quickly

thanks, didn't even think of that. I should probably go ahead and have that done over the summer while I've got the free time. the navy-colored heavy thread that defines the hole gave in, so now the button is stressing on the denim.

Foreword: not an expert, but the waist will stretch out after a week or so. And I did a really hot 2nd soak on my skulls for everything besides the waist, and I never had an issue.

Thanks for the tip. Went for the 2nd soak without the waist dipped in. We'll see how it turns out I guess.

Yeah, I felt it was a little too much for my aesthetics. The issue is that the waist is very snug right now so I am having second thoughts on another soak. Is spot soaking a bad idea?

Spot soaking won't make any difference - you will get a wick effect and the waist will get wet, anyway, Instead, simply put a piece of wood in the waist band, you can thus ensure you get no shrinkage whatsover in the waist.

I'm not sure about once it gets to that point, but if they're ABOUT to give out a tailor can reinforce button holes really quickly

Forget the tailor, an idiot with a needle and thread can reinforce button holes really quickly.Yes, I am that idiot!

Spot soaking won't make any difference - you will get a wick effect and the waist will get wet, anyway, Instead, simply put a piece of wood in the waist band, you can thus ensure you get no shrinkage whatsover in the waist.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up soaking the whole thing and I just squeezed a hanger at the waist and it stretched it out pretty good. It didn't really shrink that much compared to the first soak.

Sounds good flash. I'll keep that in mind B_F, I'm quite intrigued by the grey weft and I've wanted to try the LHT from samurai for a while. Unfortunately If I do get them they won't see any wear for a while. I want to destroy my no.1's.

That is quite curious that the sizing chart would not reflect that or mention it anywhere. Either the lot as a whole is sized smaller or perhaps you have a pair that was tagged incorrectly? ~2+ inches seems like a large discrepancy between lots.

anyone? please?

If that is the store that sharpservice bought through it looks like you got a one washed pair. some stores in japan one wash all the jeans they sell. Did you specify that you didn't want one wash when ordering?

How did you soak your lot 13s and how many times did you wash? If you only gave a quick cold soak and never washed then maybe you never fully shrank your first pair and that why the new pair seems so much smaller (if it is one washed)

Also measurements do vary slightly between lots.

^Those are just a few thoughts, I would wait until some others who are much more knowledgable than me to chime in to see what they think.

Thanks for your infos. I have seen this kind of jacket the first time

The jacket is from Samurai, It's part of the Jin line.

xpost, from heavy denim thread -- there I was showing my struggle with flipping the jeans back from inside-out. Here I figure i'd just post a fit pic to get opinions from you Sammie fans. I went TTS (30). I was a bit scared they would shrink too much but they seem ok. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Samurai710fitfront.jpg

I found out later that a pair of s0500 I bought from sharp were one washed also. I'm a bit pissed because I went and sized up 2 in second pair not knowing that I had actually gotten my perfect fit :(

hi, could someone please help? i ordered a pair of s710xx size 33, lot 14 and they are even smaller than the size 31 lot 13 i bought. why is there such a discrepancy?

i bought it through sharpservice, who showed me this link:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/samuraijeans-s710xx/

thank you so much

back in the fall, i posted a comparison of my LVC 47s and 710s at 200 days. after those photos were taken, both pairs went into the wash and the eternal contest started. i decided to treat my 811s the same way to see how they compared. the 47s and 710s got a few wears here and there over the past 8 months, and now all 3 pairs have lined up: initial soaks, second soak at 133 days wear, washed at 200 days, worn 10 days after. 210 days / 7 months on each pair.

these photos, like the last set, were taken midday under overcast sky (no adjustments):

5813425540_d482267100_z.jpg

(LVC top, 710 left, 811 right)

5812859201_621ed609c6_z.jpg

5812857941_6967510654_z.jpg

(L to R: 811, 710, LVC)

5812858409_c6ab43ec3e_z.jpg

5813426162_bc708d4f51_z.jpg

5812858703_3beeaa82ba_z.jpg

5813426832_1729e991f3_z.jpg

(best depiction of color / texture)

5812859037_34dc643c67_z.jpg

(L to R: LVC, 710, 811)

aside from possible differences in activity levels (may have hiked / biked / skated a little more in some pairs than others), the only difference is the 811s were hand washed with bronners and the other two were washed together in a machine with detergent.

you can clearly see in the photos that the LVC are lightest and 811s darkest, which seems contrary to popular opinions on here. granted, the LVCs were probably lighter when raw than the 811s, but it's still plain to see they are not particularly "slow faders" as people call them. in the eternal contest thread, a lot of people have been saying that these are fading fast... i think that is deceptive because they have faded quite a bit and signs of fading started early, but the denim is dyed so deeply that they are still far darker than the other pairs.

hope you all enjoyed this little study. i'll see if i can get some fit pics...