Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i know that the general consensus for s0500s is go TTS for regular fit, and size down 1 for slim-ish fit.

but i've heard that some people size down 2.

anyone who's sized down 2 in their s0500s care to share some insight?

i sized down two from a 30 to 28, just washed them and they went to 27 but wearing them again and they are back at 29

hey chambo

what are your thigh measurements?

i sized down two as well, from a sz29 to a sz27. thigh measures to a 10.75~11 and it is one of my best fits. Chammy has my size 28s and we have identical fits almost. almost. I dont have large thighs or smalls thighs. I also ride bikes.

So I started wearing my 710's today, I think they fit pretty nice, but compared to presoak, the postsoak looks almost exactly the same. No shrinkage whatsoever, except for at the thighs and ass, haha. They are quite stacked, so I might hem again after a few wears, should've asked 2nd to hemmed more haha, what do you guys think?

Postsoak, 1st day, 1st wear

3839817845_2c50283ece_o.jpg

So I started wearing my 710's today, I think they fit pretty nice, but compared to presoak, the postsoak looks almost exactly the same. No shrinkage whatsoever, except for at the thighs and ass, haha. They are quite stacked, so I might hem again after a few wears, should've asked 2nd to hemmed more haha, what do you guys think?

Postsoak, 1st day, 1st wear

3839817845_2c50283ece_o.jpg

so are those the 710x2nd (15oz) or the regular 710?

lmao haha lemmie take them off....

thigh is 11

knee 8

hem 7

waist is like 14.8

Thanks for measuring chambo, I think this just helped me pick the 0500 as my next pair...

Does anyone know if the 2ndxSamurai 0500 is a bit of a fuller cut than the normal 0500? It seems that way looking at the measurements on 2nd.

Where you at technicolor?

I spent 8 hours last night with the s510xx 24oz's drying on my body. I have bruised thumbs and index fingers on both hands from buttoning/unbuttoning the fly. When I went to leave the house after about an hour of wearing them I had to manually bend my legs close to my body with my arms to put my shoes on. To even get the buttons to go through the holes I had to violently shove one of my mini Mag-lite's into the button holes to loosen them up and even then it was a terrible experience.

The denim was so stiff my little Brother and Mother could not turn them inside out for me after it had been soaking for 3 minutes. After the wash and a thorough spin cycle (Regular heavy duty wash left these babies still dripping wet) it was a thumb busting chore to roll the hems as I always do with my denims. The denim could stand on its own even while soaking wet.

I had eaten a large fish/pasta meal before tackling the 24oz's and the amount of physical work required to get them on and buttoned made me ill.

The jeans themselves fit perfectly minus the need for a hem, but even then the denim is so stiff that they just stack anyway you want them too. My size 32 s5000vx 21oz's did not fit me what so ever after a soak, but these size 33 s510xx 24oz's do. The waist stretched out nicely. The 24oz denim is NOTHING like Samurai's current 21oz denim. It is a GREAT deal stiffer and heavier. It is VERY dark and very slubby. Looking at the denim inside out one notices something very odd. Rather than a mostly white weft filled underside one sees about 50% of the inside is indigo colored! The warp is much thicker than usual and thus takes up over half of what you normally see on the underside of denim. Maybe thats why they are so incredibly dark?

All in all I am very satisfied with this denim. They fit great minus the super stiffness in the ass. I can't roll (cuff) them at all so I'll need to get them hemmed as soon as possible. I should take photographs soon. I would have taken them last night but the denim itself was a major ordeal.

I spent 8 hours last night with the s510xx 24oz's drying on my body. I have bruised thumbs and index fingers on both hands from buttoning/unbuttoning the fly. When I went to leave the house after about an hour of wearing them I had to manually bend my legs close to my body with my arms to put my shoes on. To even get the buttons to go through the holes I had to violently shove one of my mini Mag-lite's into the button holes to loosen them up and even then it was a terrible experience.

The denim was so stiff my little Brother and Mother could not turn them inside out for me after it had been soaking for 3 minutes. After the wash and a thorough spin cycle (Regular heavy duty wash left these babies still dripping wet) it was a thumb busting chore to roll the hems as I always do with my denims. The denim could stand on its own even while soaking wet.

I had eaten a large fish/pasta meal before tackling the 24oz's and the amount of physical work required to get them on and buttoned made me ill.

The jeans themselves fit perfectly minus the need for a hem, but even then the denim is so stiff that they just stack anyway you want them too. My size 32 s5000vx 21oz's did not fit me what so ever after a soak, but these size 33 s510xx 24oz's do. The waist stretched out nicely. The 24oz denim is NOTHING like Samurai's current 21oz denim. It is a GREAT deal stiffer and heavier. It is VERY dark and very slubby. Looking at the denim inside out one notices something very odd. Rather than a mostly white weft filled underside one sees about 50% of the inside is indigo colored! The warp is much thicker than usual and thus takes up over half of what you normally see on the underside of denim. Maybe thats why they are so incredibly dark?

All in all I am very satisfied with this denim. They fit great minus the super stiffness in the ass. I can't roll (cuff) them at all so I'll need to get them hemmed as soon as possible. I should take photographs soon. I would have taken them last night but the denim itself was a major ordeal.

hahaha omg what an episode!! Jesus I want a pair of these. Pics!!

Techni, I dont mean to be a stalker but Where abouts in Chicago are you from? Im from the south side and Im Dying to Get a pair of these. Im actually just gettitng rid of the last 15lbs I gained from being laid off of work the past 4 months, Then Im grabbing a pair of these bad boys. PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Sams in general take several soaks/washes to get all of the shrinkage done. Don't be afraid to skip soaking them and just throw them in th washing machine, you'll get more shrinkage that way and won't hurt your jeans at all.