Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

What about color loss? During the first soak the water was like pitch black. I hate losing color. Will they still be really dark after a wash?

They'll be plenty dark, these jeans retain their color really well when they haven't been worn much.

Why is there no S0505XXII love in this thread? Nobody bought them?

I tried them on when I bought my 500's. They're really nice, a little slimmer than the 500's. I just preferred the slubbiness and the button fly of the 500's.

so how did they turn out pre soak ? Hella tight waistband ?

did a 1 hour hot soak last night and i have to say they shrank down perfectly. i got my 31" inseam (from the 33" that 2nd hemmed) and just a little tightening up everywhere else. i was looking for something a tad more relaxed than my 710's and i think i achieved it. to answer your question beatle, the waist was tight but with a bit of effort i was able to button them while they were a little damp and some movement loosened them up nicely!

will post fit pics and post-soak measurements when i get home later.

Crossposting my pic from How do jeans fit thread..

I figured everyone was asking for a S0505XXII fit so here you go. These were post 2nd initial soak.

TTS, 32. Maybe slightly up half a size (since BiG only had 30 and 32), but I like the fit since I wanted something looser. Going on a month and a half now. Before anyone jumps on my throat, yes, it came from BiG with arcs and tabs.

pichcl.jpg

new s0500xx from 2nd pre soak pics

tagged size 28

me: 5'5" 130lbs 29/30 waist

pre-soak measurements:

Waist: 29

Thigh: 11.75

Inseam: 33 (hemmed by 2nd, hoping for 30/31-ish inseam after soak)

Hem: 8

Back rise: 14

Front rise: 11

pre-soak pics

37260b86.jpg

da7fa130-1.jpg

hoping to soak tonight

as promised

measurements (pre, post)

Waist: 29 28

Thigh: 11.75 11.25

Inseam: 33 31

Hem: 8 7.75

Back rise: 14 13.75

Front rise: 11 10.5

yes, i'm at home depot. the denim is still pretty stiff so it's not draping very naturally but overall i'm very happy with the fit.

2ec035f0.jpg?t=1250897311

114caffc.jpg?t=1250897262

anyone have advice about sizing down 1 on the 710s? Fucked up on measuring my waist and im actually 2 sizes bigger than i thought. The only problem is that I have skinnier legs so I dont know how a 30 would fit.

I went TTS on S710BK and it was pretty snug for me initially after first soak.

ThePhantom

Dasayalay,

Lucky you with tabs on 0505XXX2 from BIG.

I got arcs, which seems to be standard, from BIG on my 0505XX2. No tabs though.

ThePhantom

Yeah, Gordon said the tabs slip by easily, but only a few with the tabs make it by. I picked mine up from the NYC store itself, so I was able to choose which pair to cop.

dasaylay, how much have those stretched?

Surprisingly, not that much since I'm wearing them pretty lose. It's a nice change away from the slimmer cuts we see around here on sufu such as APC NS, Skull 6x6, etc. If anything, they've stretch out slightly in the thighs but I wear a belt so the waist stays pretty much the same.

While I was heading out the door last night I figured I would capture a few photographs of the Samurai s510xx 24oz doing what they do best.. Just hanging out.

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality. My lens is filthy and I had terrible lighting conditions.

Cool pics, and jeans that make me lusting for them. Why not a single pic from the back, with so many from the front?

how much does it cost for shipping if i buy directly from rakuten.

Did the math and my two purchases from 2nd and each purchase was ~$30 more than the price of the jawnz. I suspect paypal fees are in there, along with shipping. If that helps any..