Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

?uestionmark I like your fit, repped. They look slimmer in the calves like 710s are supposed to and yet so many people's don't... I see some nice roping starting too. How did you size?

good eye. i got them tapered at stanton tailors. i had the calves taken in about 3/4 of an inch. they did a good job by using the inseam and not ruining the selvage. i dont know much about stitching but it seems sturdy enough and the color thread is pretty accurate next to the original. it doesnt look altered.. to me at least. the only problem is the chainstich on the hem. its gone. they used a standard type stitch, which believe it or not, is producing some decent roping. im thinking of hemming them a couple more inches. im not used to all this stacking. what do you think?

as for sizing, i sized up one. they are size 32. 31 was going to be too tight around my thigh area. but i shrunk the hell out of this pair though. i used a hot machine wash followed by 15 minutes in the dryer then hang dried. i did this 4 times as the initial soak. i had to get rid of all the shrinking since i was getting them tapered. hope this answers all.

thanks for the love

ps didnt know samurais came in one wash.

good eye. i got them tapered at stanton tailors. i had the calves taken in about 3/4 of an inch. they did a good job by using the inseam and not ruining the selvage. i dont know much about stitching but it seems sturdy enough and the color thread is pretty accurate next to the original. it doesnt look altered.. to me at least. the only problem is the chainstich on the hem. its gone. they used a standard type stitch, which believe it or not, is producing some decent roping. im thinking of hemming them a couple more inches. im not used to all this stacking. what do you think?

as for sizing, i sized up one. they are size 32. 31 was going to be too tight around my thigh area. but i shrunk the hell out of this pair though. i used a hot machine wash followed by 15 minutes in the dryer then hang dried. i did this 4 times as the initial soak. i had to get rid of all the shrinking since i was getting them tapered. hope this answers all.

thanks for the love

they dont come in one wash, but BIG will wash them for you, and im going to send mine out to denim doctors in la after like 3 months of debating it, i need them hemmed a bit more, and tapered below the knee a bit, check them out if you want them hemmed, theyll replace the chainstitch and all that

^yah i was actually considering this. leonard told me about them. he actually just sent out his sams out yesterday for a tapering to dd. hopefully hell post some stuff when he gets them back.

i like your fit, man. big cuff and wider leg and all.

ps it isnt the cpo. will post something soon. thanks thanks

im thinking of hemming them a couple more inches. im not used to all this stacking. what do you think?

I would just leave it honestly. You'll lose the roping; plus it might have the effect of making your thighs look bigger. Since they're already extra tapered and I assume you have larger thighs since you had to size up, I think that eliminating the stacking will make the tapering even more dramatic and thus emphasize your thighs.

makes sense makes sense. but i think an inch and a half wont be too obvious. roping is cool but over stacking just kills it for me. and if i send to denim doctors they will chainstitch it which means more roping since the stitch i have on the hems right now are not chainstitched. ill think about it i guess.

I would just leave it honestly. You'll lose the roping; plus it might have the effect of making your thighs look bigger. Since they're already extra tapered and I assume you have larger thighs since you had to size up, I think that eliminating the stacking will make the tapering even more dramatic and thus emphasize your thighs.

thanks for the love

did 4 hot washes do anything? like did the jeans keep shrinking after each host wash?

i guess i just can't really see them in the light... wish i could see some natural sunlight on them to appreciate them a little more.

S5000BK.I've had them about 1.5 years. Worn off and on. Recently tapered.

DSCN4542.jpg

how did you get them tapered without fuckin up the selvage?

and i have s0510xx up in supermarket if anyone's interested.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1635519#post1635519

just picked up a pair of asmmies and i love em. is there a 710x contest or something where i can view a bunch of faded pair of 710s because this thread is like 400+ pages and the other samurai contest thread was for a different pair of jeans

No 710 contest, but there are a bunch of really nicely faded ones in this thread. They will come up if you're patient, or you can just start obsessively paging through this thread. I know Aztec had a nice pair.

honestly, if you want a ton of pics of 710s... go to hypebeast. they love this fucking cut over there, but of course a lot of the shots are going to be sagged out the ass, sized up, and not faded in the slightest.

Picked up my pair of S5000BK from Take 5 in Hong Kong. Great guys, great service, very knowledgeable. A bit on the pricy side though as I paid close to $415 CDN, but the Yen was up and the CDN/HKD conversion sucked when I went.

Initially I was debating this cut or the 710's. But after wearing my Skulls 5010xx my balls will thank me for this decision. So I went for a roomier straight fit.

These are Lot #11, W30, L36. They shrank exactly to tagged size after 2 hot soaks. If I had the choice I would hem them 4" with their Union machine, but that would require me soaking them in HK which wasn't an option and 2 repeat visits to pick them up.

So I'll wear them cuffed for now, unless I can find a tailor I trust locally to do it.

Mmmm

1.jpg

Post soak fit, not exactly the SuFu look but I needed a straight fit 8)

2-1.jpg