Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

got these a couple days ago:

2.jpg

for anyone intimidated by ordering directly from 2nd, don't be. i used google translator and had no problems communicating. i was even able to get them to hem them.

details on the jeans:

- samurai 710

- lot 10

- size 29

pre-soak measurements:

waist: 14.75

inseam: 35 (hemmed by 2nd)

hem: 7.75

thigh: 11.125

post 1 hour, 15 min hot soak measurements:

waist: 14.5

inseam: 33.5

hem: 7.5

thigh: 11

will post some fit pics soon.

finally got some fit pics. first pic is kind of at a weird angle.

7101.jpg

7102.jpg

7103.jpg

after the hot soak they were tiiiiiiiiiight! i was barely able to button the top button. but as you can see they've stretched to a fit i like. as a matter of fact, they stretched to this state in just one day. granted, it was a pretty active day (lots of walking, riding my bike, helped my buddy move) so i'm not totally surprised by how much they gave. for reference, i'm 5'5" 135 lbs, 30 in natural waist. i've now got my 2 projects for the next couple years as these will split time with my lvc 47's.

I have tons of room everywhere except the waist which shouldnt be a problem when i lose more weight..

ummm when you soak them they will shrink all over.... and that 35 is gunna be too small and if your natural waist is really a 34 or 35 they should fit because pre soak they run bigger because they are shrink to fit... duh. so that cant be your natural waist.

ummm when you soak them they will shrink all over.... and that 35 is gunna be too small and if your natural waist is really a 34 or 35 they should fit because pre soak they run bigger because they are shrink to fit... duh. so that cant be your natural waist.

DUH.......it is my natural waist. These dont even measure out the 35 even though in the BIG listing it says 37 for waist measure. Plus this batch also rand an 1" smaller.

None the less I will be sizing up to a 36 cause this is just too much pre soak and it will be a nightmare/waste of cash POST soak.

DUH.......it is my natural waist. These dont even measure out the 35 even though in the BIG listing it says 37 for waist measure. Plus this batch also rand an 1" smaller.

None the less I will be sizing up to a 36 cause this is just too much pre soak and it will be a nightmare/waste of cash POST soak.

Are you talking about the 710's? I was about to order the 35 and then I guess you got the last pair. If your trying to sell them send me a PM.

Look, its the return of the famed 21oz denim! Its not a limited edition this year. I wonder when BIG will have this in stock. Or when Samurai plans on re-introducing this in the s5000 cut? One could also dream big and imagine one of Samurai's slimmer cuts being used for the 21oz denim.

I believe the site says pre-orders start in March at your local Samurai reseller and that the expected delivery is July. Of course, that is for Japan.

http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s510xx21oz/shopping.htm

main_shopping.jpg

te_img1.jpg

fla_img1.jpg

spec_img.jpg

^^what do you mean introduce it in the 5000 cut? there already is a 21oz 5000.

Yeah, but they are pretty much sold out everywhere and are out of production.

The 510 and 5000 cuts of the 21oz denim were produced in different years (2007 and 2008 respectively). I'm hoping this year they make the 21oz denim in at least two cuts. I know they have a really hard time producing this denim though.

So, yes, previously made. But not available anymore except in very few shops in very few sizes. I changed my introducing to re-introducing so as not to confuse anyone in my original post.

s710xx at 11 months. they´re a lot lighter irl. will get proper sunlight images at one year. (no chance for sun these days...)

they had a bunch of washes and 9 month of almost everyday wear. i´ve been rotating with 811s since nov.

11mo1Medium.jpg

11mo2Medium.jpg

11mo3Medium.jpg

i always added salt when washing. guess that´s why the buttons show so much rust.

11moMedium.jpg

Here are some photos of my 0500's at...let me think....about nearly 3 months they had a hot soak and hot wash when new and had a hot soak at 2 months. Shot in wintry British sunlight so sorry that they are really shadowy.

Pretty happy with fading so far although I do hope my whiskers improve over time. Didn't bother showing the honeycombs as they are barely visible on my camera

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Slubber dub dub

IMG_0169.jpg