Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I soaked some s5000vx and dried them, but I didn't think they shrank much. The hem remained the same, and the water wasn't blue, it was just yellowish. It was a really really hot soak for 2 hours, so I'm kinda confused.

Dunno really wanna go for another soak and just wear them, but what do you guys think?

^^ the water always turns yellowish for some reason. has to do with the dye reacting with something else. i dont know. dont quote me. hahh

try putting them in the washer on hot without detergent. then hang dry.

Just looked at my samurais today and noticed they are fading nicely after just a couple weeks of wearing them. Of course the big problem is the crotch is getting destroyed fast. Should be interesting to see how they turn out once the thing rip down the middle. I like wearing clothes with holes in them, so this should be much more fun.

^^ the water always turns yellowish for some reason. has to do with the dye reacting with something else. i dont know. dont quote me. hahh

try putting them in the washer on hot without detergent. then hang dry.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Without the spin cycle.

Do they go for the for the whole 45 minute-ish like a normal load of clothes does? Sorry with the lame questions, haha.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Without the spin cycle.

Do they go for the for the whole 45 minute-ish like a normal load of clothes does? Sorry with the lame questions, haha.

Just put them in for a normal wash.. but set it so the water is as hot as it'll go. and turn them inside out (personal preference, i dont think it would do much difference unless they were cheap jeanz) but the hot water will shrink de fibrez up and then hang dry and they'll get all crispy again so you can make your creases well. they should be as shrunk as theyre gonna be by that time... should be at least

Edit: yeah normal wash without spin or else you'll get funny annoying creases that look like shit

i keep telling ya guys, 2 hot-as-shit soaks! and the yellow shit is the sizing(starch)+sweat. indigo is just that....blue. hot water doesn't make indigo (a vat dye, btw) turn back yellow. vat dye=non h20 soluble. its not like they take blue powder or liquid dye, mix it w/water, and dip the warp threads in. it's not like that. you aren't getting blue water cause you aint wearing em hard enough between soaks. look at the jeans! check out the info about sukumo(natural indigo) dye on the BIG site. you'll have to dig.

The yellow is not the indigo.

The blue comes from the indigo oxidizing, it cannot be de-oxidized by anything that you will wash it in. Nor is it water soluble.

The yellow is starch, sweat, dust, dirt.

When the indigo does come out, the water will have some blue in it. (but it only really comes out by abrasion)

You guys are missing the point, the jeans were brand new when I got the yellow water on the soak. But yeah, it's just starch I'm assuming. Just washed them, hanging dry now and will see if there is a difference.By the looks of it, I could have sized down.

I soaked some s5000vx and dried them, but I didn't think they shrank much. The hem remained the same, and the water wasn't blue, it was just yellowish. It was a really really hot soak for 2 hours, so I'm kinda confused.

Dunno really wanna go for another soak and just wear them, but what do you guys think?

Sorry Chong... I was replying to the misinformation about indigo reacting in water.

the VX denim takes a while to shrink to size.

Throw in a hot hot wash, take out before the spin (unless you don't care about funny spin creases, in which case let it spin, but pull out before the rinse)

Throw in dryer on hot for a little while, but take out while still fairly damp

This will get much more shrinking out.

my bad, i tend to elaborate to avoid being misunderstood. plus a noob somewhere said that dry doesnt mean raw. so ive been on the war path with ignorance for the past few days.:o

got these a couple days ago:

2.jpg

for anyone intimidated by ordering directly from 2nd, don't be. i used google translator and had no problems communicating. i was even able to get them to hem them.

details on the jeans:

- samurai 710

- lot 10

- size 29

pre-soak measurements:

waist: 14.75

inseam: 35 (hemmed by 2nd)

hem: 7.75

thigh: 11.125

post 1 hour, 15 min hot soak measurements:

waist: 14.5

inseam: 33.5

hem: 7.5

thigh: 11

will post some fit pics soon.

x-post from evo thread; almost 4 months on s710bk19oz

p1040098jk9.jpg

p1040102ny8.jpg

p1040099cb3.jpg

p1040100lk2.jpg

Crotch is coming apart. I tried repairing and reinforcing but the threads won't hold, and now a new hole has formed. They're going to need a more professional repair with patching... I hope they will hold till I get the Fullcounts...

i don't get how people wear their jeans "hard"-- especially with the 19oz heavy denim, i don't see myself ever getting these ridiculous fades since i never do anything special to "wear them hard" -- i'm a student that spends most of his time sitting in class or sitting at a desk studying...

i just figure that the only way to get these jeans so faded is if i constantly played sports in them or if i did some blue collar job...

sam510.jpg

These are 510's 15oz, size 31. Havent hemmed these yet, dont know if I ever will, they fit pretty well uncuffed now that the denim has softened up. These pics were taken around 2-3 months of wear, not sure. Ive given these 2 hot soaks, one before wearing and second after 1month of wear~. Before these I had size30 Skulls, which fit me ok, not too tight. Sorry for the crappy pics.