Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Looks pretty good RyanF, I'm looking for a similar fit.

word...im loving the fit...was worried they might be too slim...wasnt really going for that typical sufu painted on look

I haven't tried any raw jeans yet, but I've been thinking about the Samurai S5000-VX's and the S0500-XX's. Just a few ?'s:

1. How much will these shrink in the waist and inseam and front and back rises? I don't want to end up with a pair of low-rise or tight jeans.

2. What size should I buy? I'm looking for a regular fit, medium rise pair of jeans that will undergo some great fading. I'm 5'10", 135 lbs, 32" inseam. My Levi's 505's are size 30, but have an actual waist of 32" (and they're a little bit loose, so I could take a 31-31.5" waist after stretching or shrinking).

3. Of the cuts I mentioned above, which do you prefer from your own experiences (and is the breaking-in period painful)?

Thanks.

i cannot comment on the s5000vx since i don't have it, but i do have the s0500xx. they are wonderful jeans no doubt, but there are others worth trying as well. The texas cotton is slubby, i have a few rogue knots in my thigh which feels like nipples. makes me rub my thighs alot.

but anyways, i size down 2 on the s0500 for a straight slim fit. my natural waist is 29, size down to 27 on a lot 10 and now its a snug fit that isn't dick wrapping tight. consensus is size down 1 or 2 on the s0500s( the front page has all your answers), depending how you want to roll. And no it's not painful to break in.

If you can try them on that's VERY helpful. Otherwise compare the measurements to jeans you already own...

Keep in mind that most of the shrinkage is unidirectional - they'll shrink in warp, whichever direction the warp is oriented. In most jeans that means they'll shrink in LENGTH but the waistband is (again, usually) material where the warp is oriented orthogonally to the rest of the jeans, so the waist will shrink in as opposed to up.

I own both S0500XX and S5000VX and my experience has been that almost all the shrinkage you get from soaking/washing comes back out again. Basically if you can button (or ALMOST button) the jeans up then you'll be fine...

Thanks, guys. If I go with the S0500XX's for instance, should I buy a size 28, 29 or 30 (pre-wash waist measurements of 30,31 and 32, respectively, according to BiG's website)? My Levi's 505's are size 30, but they have an actual waist of 32" (and they're a tiny bit loose at that, so I want to end up with a 31.5" actual waist or so).

And just a general (and probably dumb) question: it sounds like breaking in raw jeans is well worth the effort (vs. buying a one wash pair of jeans). Is that indeed the case?

Thanks.

One wash just means they soak it for you.

So...there is no real benefit unless you believe you could soak/wash it better than them or if you just want to do it yourself.

Most prefer to do it themselves because yknow. It's cooler. Duh.

But you could get a one wash so that you know how to size without worrying about shrinkage issues. Just gotta worry about stretching.

There are no Samurai one wash jeans. I was just referring to buying a pair of Samurai's vs. buying one wash Warehouse's, PBJ's, etc.

S0500 I just got from 2nd were one wash - softer than the raw pair I got from BIG a year ago +w/post soak measurements.

34waist, upped 1, inseam was 36 but its 33 now.

i chucked them in my bathtub and let them cold soak for a few hours and when they came out and dried they fitted perfect, but stretched out againg real fast.

theyre quite soft (washed once soaked a few times to lightly clean) but still dark blue.

considerng starching them to fuck and get stiff again