Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

By the way, I try not to soak denim. Much better in my opinion is to put them on the washing line, spray them with water and let them drip dry. This way you shrink them but no colour is lost at all and they still look raw afterwards. With my 666s the rear and coin pockets filled up with water which only gradually seeped away through the ultra thick denim. They are now hanging in the airing cupboard and I'm wearing my LVC 1937 Valencia Street 201XXs still raw after 2 years (I daren't shrink them!).

Its an alternative to a soak (rather than a wash). Its so much easier, less time-consuming and less messy than a soak. The indigo doesn't run onto to the white pocket bags and the leather patch stays like new.

I could be wrong, but isn't the point of denim to have stuff like that happen...

Also, that fit is perfect ceffyl. Enjoy then and wear them hard!

By the way, I try not to soak denim. Much better in my opinion is to put them on the washing line, spray them with water and let them drip dry. This way you shrink them but no colour is lost at all and they still look raw afterwards.

You're not getting close to the full amount of shrink doing this. They will eventually shrink fully over many repetitions of this method, but your combs and creases and fades will be all over the place and won't look right. There's a lot of experts on this forum, and a lot of people who have learned from experience. I'd suggest doing a bit more research.

After 3+ years on the Iron Heart Forum, I was banned for life. Over the last several months, I had not made one post on the forum (due to the horrible content that has been going up) and a couple of mornings ago, I got a personal message from Joshr3935, asking my thoughts on Iron Heart's 21oz denim type III jackets. I have messaged him a few times regarding my opinions about Iron Heart and it seems he values my opinions.

I basically hate the Iron Heart 21oz. My main issue with it, is that Iron Heart uses a resin coating to retard fading on their 21oz and they also use several other post-weaving processes, which in turn are not that great for the environment. I mean, come on, Japan is not at the forefront of environmental reform, they still refuse to stop hunting whales, where the rest of the world has stopped. So I sent this message to him (privately):

The 21oz is absolute garbage denim. They are releasing a 101 First Zip in the 17oz Unsanforized RHT and a 101J in the 18oz Unsanforized RHT. I'd just wait for one of those. Just my opinion.

Mike

A couple of hours later, I received this message from Giles Padmore, the owner of Iron Heart UK, the non-Japanese distributor for Iron Heart:

I have banned him. I am sick and tired of his 2 facedness. He's not active on the forum, but obviously reads everything and then disses us behind our backs.

He adds no value. He's gone.

G

So, either Joshr3935 set me up by BCC Giles or Giles is such a piece of shit, that he was reading my private messages because he has a vendetta out against me. Basically his problem is that he doesn't like my opinion on things because he claims, I state them as fact. I don't understand this sentiment because I ALWAYS preface my remarks with IMO, IMHO, etc, etc.

Now, lets get into Giles vendetta against me. At first he was all friendly and a great all around dude, but after he blatantly screwed over one of his moderators and banned him (I'm not naming names, but he basically set up the IH forum), he started treating me weirdly because I remained friends with the guy he banned. And Giles basically banned him because he closed his photobucket account, making all his pictures disappear. Giles didn't like this, so he ejected him. If they are your pics, don't you think you have the right to delete them? Not according to Giles.

Basically, if you question anything about Iron Heart, Giles gets pissed. It's the most sensored clothing forum/arena on the Internet. Everyone doesn't have a perfect fit, just an FYI.

Also, did I really diss the brand and talk behind Giles' back? It sounds like I gave my opinion on why I hate the 21oz, then gave the guy 2 other Iron Heart denim jacket options, in different denim. I also closed the message with "this is my opinion".

PS This just scratches the surface on how ridiculous the Iron Heart Forum is.

A couple of hours later, I received this message from Giles Padmore, the owner of Iron Heart UK, the non-Japanese distributor for Iron Heart:

I have banned him. I am sick and tired of his 2 facedness. He's not active on the forum, but obviously reads everything and then disses us behind our backs.

He adds no value. He's gone.

G

Interesting Mike. What confuses me is that the above message refers to you as "him". Was it sent directly to you or forwarded to you?

I think Giles is going through quite a bit with managing the western distribution of the brand, administrating a forum of fanatics and, most importantly, being present for his wife who is presently battling a form of cancer. (If I'm not mistaken. If I am, I sincerely apologize. I have not kept in touch with the community all that much over the last while.) Suffice it to say, that's a lot to tackle.

Giles has always been crotchety, but you're not the easiest person to get along with either, Mike. I don't want to assume you haven't bothered to reach out to discuss this matter with G directly, but if you haven't, you probably should before taking this public. I'd be upset too, though, if my private messages were being read by a third party. 

How the fuck would he be BCCd then Eli? It was either joshr3935 who BCCd G or he read my PM. I've talked with Josh several times and every time I talk with him, I talk shit on the 21oz denim, so why the fuck would he do it now?

Also, You obviously don't know why Lando was demodded and banned. All that needs to be said is Giles word is total bullshit. In America we call it a "Gentlemen's Agreement".

Edited by MikeC

The issue is that I quit posting in the public forum in Dec '13. I send a PM one day and all of a sudden, I'm banned for life. Seems like Giles moved quickly on it, so I couldn't check the PM for who was CCd. He has also been waiting for something to eject me, so he waits until a PM is sent with a line about how I hate the 21oz. I even gave the kid two other choices.

Per Shoreman's post, I wouldn't be fishing, if I had all those issues to deal with. Just sayin.