Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

The jacket says made in China. The jeans, not so sure. Will take some better photos with some details (if and) when the sun comes out. Light is poor today.

These Lee's, when sized right, wear like iron. I wore pairs in construction when l worked for a small building firm 15 years ago and they just out-lived my old Valencia st Lvc easily.

Tough as old boots as my mum would say.

Edited by Dr_Heech

@Dr_Heech 

Thanks for posting... lovely jackets...

The Lee cowboy is beautifully faded

I can't remember which year the similar Lee jacket is without the cinch... I have an At Last Lee-style repro which is cinch-less but would much prefer a cinch version for improving the fit

The westerner's looking solid to say it's 50+ years old

Edited by MJF9

8 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@Dr_Heech 

Thanks for posting... lovely jackets...

The Lee cowboy is beautifully faded

I can't remember which year the similar Lee jacket is without the cinch... I have an At Last Lee-style repro which is cinch-less but would much prefer a cinch version for improving the fit

The westerner's looking solid to say it's 50+ years old

Thanks mate. The similar Lee jacket without the cinch (but with just two rivets where the cinch should be) is the wartime repro. The cinched version ran between 1931 and 1942 (lined 101LJ from 1932).

The Westerner l love because it's mint, no stains/holes and still retains the sateen shine that so many on fleabay do not.

6 minutes ago, crownzip said:

Hey Dr., Thanks for posting the photos of your Lee jacket. FWIW I have the same Lee jacket as yours and according to Google translate the label says Made in Japan. Could my jacket be made later than yours?

Lee.jpg

Cheers Grant!

Would have thought it would have been earlier but l don't know for sure (where's Fardin when you need him?)

Does your jacket not have 'made in China written in English on the label anywhere?

Never thought about translating the label info but will give it a go later.

7 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

You can find vintage ones for pretty good prices 

Yeah, there's almost too many.  I don't know enough about how the cut has changed over time or what to look for in terms of country of manufacture. Some of them look like the arms are cut wide and on some, the body seems long.  I also don't want hand warmer pockets and most of the ones in my size seem to have them.  Sizing seems all over the place too.  I'm watching one that's listed as a 42R but measurements suggest it's closer to a 38 which is what I would need but I really don't like buying vintage online.  Too many surprises.  

I figure if I can find a new repro of the original cut at a place that I can do an exchange or return, I'd be better off.  I might roll the dice on a vintage one, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really stoked to have found this old 101j repro from a local enthusiast. This is the lot 1011 model, maybe 2003 vintage?

I can't track down when these were made. Anyway, I love the fit and the details. Nice light denim too, maybe 10-12oz? 

Cheers! 

20201203_140414.jpg

20201203_140426.jpg

Edited by JMS

Also here is my RMC storm rider. This is the most recently released model (19' F/W I believe)

This denim ages so freaking great. I have the corresponding jeans, lot 002. 

Shameless plug, I'm selling it, if anyone is interested, message me. Size 42. 

20201203_140513.jpg

• 1 month later...

Admittedly I know very little about Lee jeans and their repros, however I’ve always been interested in them.
I’m eying these on Yahoo, the auction just started and has a week until competition but if anyone could provide any more info on these it would be much appreciated.
i-img600x395-16108472476eepz62793184.jpg

i-img556x600-1610847247yfjkuu2793184.jpg
i-img600x431-1610847247qgy9os2793184.jpg

@Broark they are Lee 1936 101 Cowboy pants. 13oz (i think?) Sanforized. They are the first hair on hide repro model, the other being the 1939 version (just different buttons).

These were my first repro Lee jean (bought 2 pairs in 2004) and they wear like iron!

Fyi though. My sz 34x33 measured 36x38 so l would imagine these would measure approx 38x38. Best double check measurements with the seller.

Edited by Dr_Heech
Spelling!

I had a feeling you'd chime in and help me out, thanks Doc.
Strangely enough the seller has these listed at measuring 90 cm. in the waist, so not really oversized. If they hang around for a good price I might give them a spin. 
However they've already got 4 bids early on so I expect they'll sell for more than I'm wanting to spend. Fingers crossed! 

• 1 month later...

Found these two on ebay, too large for me, but might be something for someone around these parts ;) 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/LEE-Riders-101-Vintage-Selvedge-Selvage-Denim-Jeans-size-W-32-L34-37-Neu-BNWT/174699741255?hash=item28acea8047:g:06IAAOSwE3BgWR4P

https://www.ebay.de/itm/LEE-Riders-101Z-Vintage-Selvedge-Selvage-Denim-Jeans-size-W-32-L34-37-Neu-BNWT/174699743424?hash=item28acea88c0:g:qyIAAOSwqP9gWR5X