gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

Looks lovely. I"d bet it is Sanforized if they state 5% shrinkage. Normal is 10%, Sanforized is supposedly 3%, and most of my Lee Sanforized, which is either Nisshinbo or Kaihara, has shrunk more than 3 per cent.

@theotherchrislewis looks really good. I was wondering, given the blanket lining, does that effectively reduce the sizes by much? I've never owned, nor tried, a blanket lined jacket so interested to hear how it impacts chest or shoulders sizing.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, MJF9 said:

@theotherchrislewis looks really good. I was wondering, given the blanket lining, does that effectively reduce the sizes by much? I've never owned, nor tried, a blanket lined jacket so interested to hear how it impacts chest or shoulders sizing.

IME, size up two to four sizes from your measured chest size when you have a thick blanket lining, with each "size up" being a 2" increase in chest size. I.e. if you have a 42" measured chest, then get a jacket that measures 46-50 actual armpit to armpit measurement off of the jacket. Go two if you don't need to layer a lot; go three if you do, go four if you do, and you also want a somewhat relaxed fitting jacket on top of a few layers.

But it appears that Lee Japan have done this already in this case, based on the 48" post soak measurements for a size 42.

That is a good looking jacket, I must say. I almost like it better than my late '70's dead stock one, because the lining of the repro is probably 100 percent wool, instead of the blended (or is it all poly?) blanket lining that mine has.

FWIW, my measured chest size is 42, and I like a 46" UNLINED denim jacket (actual armpit to armpit measurement, not tag size). I like my heavy blanket lined jackets at about 49–51" armpit to armpit. 49" for a snugger fit without a lot of layers, and 51" for what I consider to be a "proper" fit for a heavy blanket lined denim jacket, i.e. big enough to wear several layers underneath (thermal, tee, and thick button-up shirt, at least) and still move around comfortably.

Edited by 428CJ

On 11/27/2018 at 7:28 AM, MJF9 said:

To be honest, I didn't take the blanket lining into much consideration - I assumed they would factor that into the cuts & sizing and picked my size based on some basic measurements. 

The blanket isn't really 'that thick' but combined with the denim will need some breaking in to get a better fit. You may be right with the 100% wool - I just checked the store (through google translate) and it only says 'Wool' in the materials list for the blanket.

I'm 6'1" and mine (42) fits me well but it is a generous fit through the body - I think if I went down to a 40, I 'could' maybe pull it off but it would be a snug fit and not what I'm after. That chest measurement also seemed off to me, but if you look at the pic - those pits are quite a way from each other. It's just one of the 'roomier areas' on the jacket.

As a rough guide of overall 'jacket length' & 'where the shoulder sits' - it fits similar to my Iron Heart, IH-x526J (42) + LVC, Type-III (L) - but roomier through the upper body & chest area. Whereas my PBJ, Deep Indigo Type-II (4) + Momotaro, 2105SP (42) + Ande Whall, Grizzy (M) + TCB, 60's Third Type Trucker (42) are more fitted cuts on me - especially through the body & chest area. Hope that helps.

I think you need some additional denim jackets for a more comprehensive comparison! :D

that's only 6+1 jackets - there is still room to add another jacket or two...type 1 and pleated blouse type jackets are missing.

Edited by Foxy2

Just got these gently used ‘52 Riders by Edwin. 

They’re still kind of crispy but the previous owner must’ve sized down a lot ‘cause the waistband and button hole’s severely stretched, even after a 40C wash.

F497F481-9806-4730-B05F-EAB9571F32D3.jpeg

90DD9427-85E9-421A-AB10-8DB15F6ED8BA.jpeg

C35F2E5E-E7A2-4623-B955-9F8C26BEBA2A.jpeg

E279F953-A46B-49A4-B1AE-7C6EEA094CDD.jpeg

1422BED1-9357-439A-A174-CA5E4F728E30.jpeg

8162423F-D178-4026-9230-086C7D479986.jpeg

517FAE29-87C6-44DE-B3FD-792A2D9F476F.jpeg

Stormrider 101J MiJ repro

2019-03-17 16.43.34.jpg

2019-03-17 16.44.42.jpg

Posted (edited)

I just won a yahoo auctions bid on this Sugar Cane Storm Rider repro. I’ve been wanting a Lee style jacket for a while and this was the right size, condition, and price. My only issue is that I can’t find any information on this style anywhere on the internet. Is anyone familiar with this model? I’m mostly want to know what denim is used (it’s blue line selvedge and LHT) and what year it cane out. 

3CCEFEEA-A7CA-46B2-8DA0-CC210AF5F4A3.jpeg

Edited by cusswords

Fullcount Leepro Lot. 1107. Got only for $20 a months ago. Doing the second wash yesterday. And here the picture..

Loving the texture and shades. And also its LHT jeans..

1553088847934.jpg

@Spiraltoy what are the measurements of the 1952? And also, did they shrink much? 

Might get a pair but not sure if size 33 or 34.

Posted (edited)

I had a pair of '52 in a size 33" waist and I would normally be a 34" in Levi's and Warehouse. I had no trouble fitting into them to be honest as they stretch so much even after the shrink, if remember correctly the raw waist was about 36". They were very light and I eventually sold them as they lost their shape after a couple of days wear. They really are very stretchy.

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Spiraltoy what are the measurements of the 1952? And also, did they shrink much? 

As I bought them used I’m not 100% sure about the shrinkage but they shrank a good deal when I did A 40c wash. Back pocket lining (which shrunk more than the denim) made the back pockets scrunch up a lot.

image.jpg

These are the measurements of my 30/33

Waist: 40,5cm,    

FR: 28,5cm,   BR: 37cm,                                

Thigh(10cm from crotch): 28cm,

Inseam: 86,5cm

Edited by Spiraltoy

Hello! Love to share again my leepro 101-Z by Real Mccoys.

Here's the detail :D

1554551299955.jpg

1554551297969.jpg

1554551296282.jpg

1554551305232.jpg

1554551304164.jpg

1554551302882.jpg

1554551308952.jpg

On 4/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, Spiraltoy said:

As I bought them used I’m not 100% sure about the shrinkage but they shrank a good deal when I did A 40c wash. Back pocket lining (which shrunk more than the denim) made the back pockets scrunch up a lot.

image.jpg

Yea, mine did that as well only a little more on the extreme side, it was one of the things I didn't really like about them after a while, that and the fact that they really felt like I was wearing a pair of Boot Cut jeans. Glad I experienced them but I don't think I'd go for a pair again.

@501XX4EVER Yeah for some reason I get much more of a cowboy vibe off of these than pretty much any Levi’s, let alone from the same era! Dono why they haven’t aged as well. 

Just now, Spiraltoy said:

@501XX4EVER Yeah for some reason I get much more of a cowboy vibe off of these than pretty much any Levi’s, let alone from the same era! Dono why they haven’t aged as well. 

Yes, I was kinda being polite with the Boot Cut comparison, there were times when they felt like flares!!! Left hand twill seems to have it's own rules, I think because it's a lot smoother it doesn't seem to "degrade" in the same way, e.g. it's almost impossible to get left hand twill to have any kind of roping on the hems.

Ra2xWMe.jpg

yoroedI.jpg

The most hated man in denim WH Ranch Dungarees. These are 1950s Lee Repros based on what James Dean wore. 

Another leepro collections by Real McCoys, Buzz Rickson's and Fullcount.

IMG_0713.JPG

Some nice-looking 1954 101Bs from Lee at Aeroleather, look like left hand twill too.

Lee 101-Z Rider 1952. The "James Dean" jeans.

These jeans are really nice. They are from "The Archives" line and should be made by Edwin in Japan. Made of 13 3/4 oz denim, LHT of course, and they feature the half-selvedge. The back pockets are half-ined and the lining is so thick, it feels like the jeans are padded. Although they are sanforized, the pair came one-wash. Size 33.
The back pockets are surprisingly small.

hYGBimll.jpgIIT1p0Xl.jpg

8AinooAh.jpghj0Dzv7h.jpg

TJwH5S7h.jpg

tIJN4Wxh.jpg

VJ9vTbph.jpg

d6Anvcfh.jpg

b9JoVLgh.jpg

Very nice b_F, where did you get them?

I think I remember you having some SDA leepros years ago.

Thanks! I got them from Vintage Paradise. 

You have the memory of an elephant, that's right! Nearly 10 years ago. I found them too short back then. 

56 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Lee 101-Z Rider 1952. The "James Dean" jeans.

These jeans are really nice. They are from "The Archives" line and should be made by Edwin in Japan. Made of 13 3/4 oz denim, LHT of course, and they feature the half-selvedge. The back pockets are half-ined and the lining is so thick, it feels like the jeans are padded. Although they are sanforized, the pair came one-wash. Size 33.
The back pockets are surprisingly small.

hYGBimll.jpgIIT1p0Xl.jpg

Yes, they are the same ones that I had, I completely forgot about the back pockets, I remember the stitching came loose on the "inside" of one of them as my wallet is quite think/fat and I think it stressed the threads out a bit, especially as I cycle, so there was probably a bit to much pressure there. They look like they could do with another wash, still very raw looking.

Not really Leepro but Lee - Buddy Lee denim trousers with oversized hardware, made in Japan by Edwin.

1F811034-23B9-4A38-9755-ADD84DE5D579.jpeg

878B31FE-C054-4805-A576-F3384B74EDC0.jpeg

412013D0-845A-4417-9AF6-E7A352132E03.jpeg

0CF53ABC-3DCE-4CB0-9518-C1F1A3E0C8CD.jpeg

847C6728-9610-42E8-B418-3988C8B68CB8.jpeg

F91FD436-85CD-4EE1-95B6-6740930A6634.jpeg

Nice one! In your possession? 

For anyone interested, here are the measurements of the Lee 101Z 1952. Size 33x34, came in a somewhat one-wash condition.

Waist: 34.5”
Front rise: 12.5”
Back rise: 15.75”
Hip: 21.5”
Thigh: 12.75”
Knee: 9.5
Leg opening: 8.5”
Inseam: 36”

It’s the second day I’m wearing them and I am really pleased. Have to check how much they stretched but not too much I guess since they aren’t tight.
I paid roughly 160€ for them with shipping and I really think at this price point they surpass Levi’s and their LVC line. Or to rephrase myself: that’s what LVC should cost :D

Yes, bought them last year on eBay for a steal.

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

For anyone interested, here are the measurements of the Lee 101Z 1952. Size 33x34, came in a somewhat one-wash condition.

Waist: 34.5”
Front rise: 12.5”
Back rise: 15.75”
Hip: 21.5”
Thigh: 12.75”
Knee: 9.5
Leg opening: 8.5”
Inseam: 36”

It’s the second day I’m wearing them and I am really pleased. Have to check how much they stretched but not too much I guess since they aren’t tight.
I paid roughly 160€ for them with shipping and I really think at this price point they surpass Levi’s and their LVC line. Or to rephrase myself: that’s what LVC should cost :D

Yea, yea, yea, that's all very well, but what everybody really wants to know is, do they have a double chain stitched outseam???(I'm betting that they do:D:D:D)