Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I'll have to look more into the 1101.

The one wash measurements from BiG look perfect, but the raw measurements look a bit big.

I'm assuming it's not too difficult to get full shrinkage out of Fullcount denim?

BiG's measurements for one wash should be very close to max shrinkage (1/4").  Three trips through the washer should get all the shrinkage out.  FC shrink to tagged or just below, and easily stretch out to the raw waist size.  

'been awhile since the last FC collab.

any chance you guys up for another run?

how about keeping it simple?  i'm firm with 2 & 3.  i'm flex w/ the other details.

1) 1101 or 1108 cut

2) 'Wild" Zims

3) 15-17ozer

4) Donut buttons

5) Stealth poly-cotton arcs [to keep them longer]

broached the idea to Gordon when i swung by @BiG for a special order  ... dint say yes,  but dint say no either.  

if we can give him a concrete number of interested parties,  maybe we can sway it to a yay  ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

^ahahaha!

...down.

FWIW, they're out of the wild cotton fabric and I don't think they'd make a new fabric for a smaller BiG run. We'd need need a big number though to make it worthwhile for Gordon (100+ pairs?), unless he already had something in the works for BiG specifically ala the 1653 with the old contest denim. I'm always down for group buys though!

BrownMetallic, I'm down for 15 oz. 1101 with a second vote for both 4 & 5 on your list. I'm not keen on heavier if I have a choice, but I'm flexible. Count this as a yes.

I think around 15.5oz like on the green-lined contest ones would be quite fabulous.

Wild Zim cotton is quite uncommon (especially @heavier weight than the 13.5oz). There has been some interest here & there. Having serious discussions might stir up more interests & consolidation.

Around 50 should be encouraging ... maybe we can come up with a partial up front to show group's solidarity & commitment. Anyway, $$$ talk is too early. We'll see if we can muster critical mass first.

^ That's why you should be joining me in the push for 1101! 1108 pattern just doesn't work for me. 1101 and 0105 are close enough by BiG measurements to beg the question, "What's the difference?" I have a 30 in 0105 and would gladly take a 31 in 1101 to fit just about the same.

For those asking for US cotton, that's a point he was "firm" on. Get over it. The less complicated we make this as interested parties, the more realistic we make the possibility of the jean being made.

Yeah, last contest collab had 2 lots, 1108 & 0105. Gordon had remaining I nventory of the latter even long after the contest was over. 'Dont think he'll be inclined to take that route again.

1101/1108 would be a more feasible prospect, IMO.

As for WW2 buttons & tabs, that should be so doable.

Wild Zim is the main thing & why I'm here for in the 1st place ;)

Edit:

I realize the 1101 are quite similar to 0105 cut ... will re-try both on in person when I get a chance to stop by this week

Edited by BrownMetallic