Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

To get anything, you're going to have to have at least 50 pair made, maybe 100, all in the same cut. I wouldn't get too excited about BiG or FC wanting to do anything. Even if you could get 30 people to agree on a cut and details (and pre-pay) BiG isn't going to want 20 to 70 pairs of jeans sitting around, when it appears they have no shortage of the standard models on hand.

I agree with setterman. Especially in this time of nearly "over-saturation" and Japanese brands being so easily to get your hands on, it will be harder and harder to motivate enough guys to take part and commit to such a project.

And I don't see a reason for this project.... All the "XX" Fullcounts that were done recently were wild cotton, correct?  It would appear they're still available in the 1108 model.  

http://www.denimio.com/Full-Count-b-271/FULL-COUNT-DENIM-1108XX--STRAIGHT-LEGS-HEAVY-OZ-p-9772.html

Agree w/ above peeps re: market saturation of the regular zim cotton, as well as the lighter weight wild zims ... exactly why I proposed the heavier weight version cuz it's not common. from my limited knowledge about FC, they only did a limited run @18oz & those sold quickly

I don't also believe that Gordon would do a run just for [this] collab. If ever, he'd have to consider a "series" prodn runs using same denim.

Edit: couple of yrs back I experimented on tea-staining my Momo 701s. The unbleached weft would have similar effect on the fade of the denim

Edited by BrownMetallic

Please do talk to Miki san!

I'm not holding my breath about any exclusive pairs, so I'll probably end up with either the 1108XX or 1101 sometime soon.

The only place I can really seem to find them in my size right now raw is BiG or Okayama Denim.

And it seems like some people have been having problems with the latter...

Any other shop recommendations would be great.

Either the 1108 or 1101 in size 36 for me.

Wild cotton would be neat from what pictures I've seen, or any other interesting or experimental denim they've got up their sleeves.

Anywhere around 13/16 oz. would be good, just don't want anything super heavy.  Something I can wear year round.

I'm believing in you master!  :ph34r:

Before the thread gets shitted up with 20 guys chiming in wanting 20 different things, I'd approach FC to see if they'd be willing to do one of their standard jeans (0105, 1101, 1108) in wild cotton, and how many pairs they would have to make.  If they say "Yes", then you can discuss details (though I'd think you be better off sticking with the standard FC hardware and details).

While you've got Miki's ear, could ya put a bug in it to make a zip fly 0105 with an offset rear belt loop as a special edition (since 2014 is the 60th anniv of the 501Z)?  :D        

I agree with setterman.

Go to Miki and see if he'd be willing to do a 15 oz. wild cotton 1101 or 1108 with maybe some slightly different details.

If they do give the go ahead then we can organize and get specifics going.