Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Looking good, I'd like to see some fit pics if you've got them.

Torn between the 1101 and 1108XX cuts. The 1101 seems like it would be a bit better cut for me but the XX denim seems a bit more interesting.

Edited by Broark

Thanks Brad, I should've done a bit more digging.

Just lucky you didn't ask this question back in the early days, would've gotten ripped apart.

Ed, need a report back on if anything has happened! Holding off on a FC purchase until I hear more.

Thanks Brad, I should've done a bit more digging.

Just lucky you didn't ask this question back in the early days, would've gotten ripped apart.

Ed, need a report back on if anything has happened! Holding off on a FC purchase until I hear more.

Torn between the 1101 and 1108XX cuts. The 1101 seems like it would be a bit better cut for me but the XX denim seems a bit more interesting.

Actually, the signature 13.75oz denim is really interesting in that you won't find another denim out there like it. It's soft and pliable more or less from the outset and yields a beautiful shade of vibrant blue and impressive vertical fading when it starts to crock. It really is something special.

What makes the Osaka 5 companies fascinating for me is how they all approached the same classic item, the Levi's 501, in such different ways with such a different final interpretation. In the case of Fullcount, it seems to me that Miki's vision was to create a denim that feels like a heavily worn-in pair of vintage Levi's right from the beginning - like your favourite pair of jeans. 

Of course the XX fabric is also by his hand and certainly no less a denim (I will probably pick-up some 0105XX in a year or two) but don't underestimate the flagship denim. You'll see what I mean once you start wearing it!

Thanks for those points Sugar Mountain.  Maybe I should go with the flagship Zimbabwe denim to start with my first pair.

Plus that weight would be even better for the summer here.

I want to wait to see if we can get any info on the special edition pair first!

small update on my 1101's; worn from September; probably my pair that is most difficult to fade

That's only seven months.  They look great, and are coming along pretty good for that (IMO) short amount of time.