Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

So now that I think about it a bit should I size down in the 1101? Seems like that's kind of the consensus from reading up a bit...

Size up 1" at most.  I consider a jean with raw measurements of 37" to be TTS on me, so a size 36 (38" raw) in the 1101 or 0105 is the biggest I would go.  

@JohnM

Though other have already addressed it, yes the 1101 is roomier in the top block. The leg opening is narrower but is still fairly substantial -- it won't hug your ankle for sure. And you'll definitely want to size down in the waist; I'm wearing a 31 and the waist is currently 34. 

I have the 13.75 oz and I love it! Super soft and comfy straight after the first soak, barely any break in time. it's substantial but not heavy and suitable for summer.

@hoggreaser 

Isn't the 1105 a roomier version of the 1101? So the 1101 should be somewhere in between the 08 and 05 by my reckoning. I didn't even try on the 08 though as I knew the thighs wouldn't fit, but the 05 was definitely roomier than 01.

After hot soaking the 1108XX (size  36) for one hour and line drying them, I wore them for the first time last night.  I have to say these are a great pair of jeans -- very comfortable and the denim is great (nice weight, interesting texture, substantial but not stiff)  Sometimes you don't realize how much thought goes into the design and fit of a product until you wear it for a while.  I have other jeans where the front rise is too low or where the back rise isn't right relative to the front rise, and the 1108's are superb in this regard -- everything is in balance and the jeans move with me rather than against me.