Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

nice to see so many FC pics lately

I grabbed the chance to take some fit pics at my old place. So you can compare the fit with my other ones

1108XX after some weeks of wear

P1040390.jpgP1040392.jpg

P1040391.jpgP1040393.jpg

great fit buddy

how did you size them?

I think im going to off my 32" 1108's and re-buy a pair of 32" 0105's. The 1108 cut just isnt for me. If anyone is interested in some 1108's, size 32, drop me a line. Whatever123, Ill give you a special price:)

What's the problem with the 1108? Have you had a pair of 0105s before? I'm two sizes smaller in it than what I'd wear in the 1108.

The top block/hip is about 1 or 2 inched too narrow for my liking. Visually it doesnt look bad, but it just doesnt feel right.

Im a true straight fit kind of guy all things considered. IH 634, SD101, Roy RS04. I have a pair of 47 501's that are about as slim as I could go, but the top block is much more forgiving than the Full Counts.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

haha, these jeans are def. not all balled out. They are actually quite new, very little wear showing. I could probably beat them into submission but Im too old for that. I dont want to battle a fit when I could just let someone else get down with the jeans and I could get a proper cut fr me.

Just for fun, my 1108, together with the SDA 103XX and the LVC 55. These are at six months, just had one partial hand wash when splattered with battery acid (I know, very 1980s of me), they'll go in the machine in another month or so.

Don't understand the problems with fit, these are a quintessential 60s shape in my book.

SDAtrio_zps48227384.jpg

Very nice picture. I had thought that the 1108 was based on a '47 cut rather than anything 1960s though?

I'm all for people acknowledging what does and doesn't work fit-wise for their own body type. Better than to spend years wrestling with jeans that don't feel or look right on them. It'd be great to see some dudes on here fade the fuck out of some looser FC styles too. (0105XX for example... hint, hint).

I'd describe both the denim and the fit on the 1108 as having a 60s vibe - tighter grain, and a definite taper from the mid thigh down. They also have the shoulders just below the waist, the third hallmark for me of a 60s fit. (You can even see that in the above photo, compare them with the 103XX).

Of course, it has covered rivets like a late 40s jean. I;ll look out my Full Count brochure and post more after I've done some real work...

Edited by Paul T

I was under the impression 1108 was a '66ish cut

LOVE my pair, I just wish I had gotten the heavier denim because the 13.5oz will ultimately breakdown sooner.

Does make a great summer jean though.

Always felt the 1108 was kinda a slimmed down, altered 40s cut (hated the pair I had, cut didn't work on me), and the 1101 had more of a 60s look to it. None of them (1108, 0105, 1101) are really meant to be reproductions though, at least not like something LVC or Warehouse would make.

Sugar Mountain, there's should be some worn 0105s in the Full Count contest threads. I wore a 0105C in that contest, and have been meaning to pick up a pair of the standard model at some point. Maybe next spring.

Setterman - that was my thinking re those cuts too. I have the 1101 and thought it was very loosely based on the 66 cut but as you say, FC aren't making repros and ultimately, it's not important.

I have gone through the FC contest thread and there are some great jeans in there. I'd love to see more though!

People at Sufu have described them as similar to a 47 - people would often liken them to the SDA103 when they came out.

But the 108 is more of a carrot shape than the 103 or the LVC 1947 - it tapers in to the waist and has a narrower hem. AS it isn't a straight repro, it's maybe a question of semantics, but ringring described them to me as the quintessential 66 cut, so I go with his interpretation.

Full Count themselves are even more confusing - they describe the 0107 as a 1950s cut, and they told me in the store that the 1108 is a 70s shape! Which, if you're talking about early 70s, is plausible.

Edited by Paul T

just a few bad pics :)

20130319_185821_zpsd3351359.jpg

love the leather patch

20130319_185832_zps4c8cf779.jpg

my camera isnt the best so this is the best i can do to show the denim , there is alot of small vertical slubs that give the denim a kind of streaky look , nothing like flatheads or samurai texas cotton but its there

realy love the painted arcs :)

20130319_201822_zps841f6d48.jpg

took this to show the colour of the weft , its not as beige as some pic's show it ( this is pretty much true colour

20130319_185751_zpsc4e72fbf.jpg

Edited by Flash