Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Thanks for posting this, very interesting. There is a definite resemblance - I wonder how much is due to the fact that the same person wore them in much the same way. The hue is different, but the overall way they've faded is similar, in terms of how they've kept or lost indigo, across high, low and medium wear areas.

They are obviously different yarns; the slub character is different. Did they age in at the same rate?

I love the tag wear on the FC; one of the things that really lets LVC down is the fact they use nylon rather than rayon tags.

the Momos had been Oolong tea-soaked twice. the stain lingers even after multiple washes, as apparent on the weft-side comparison.

YES, they were sized & worn pretty much the same way ... even the soak/wash frequencies.

tho' the FCs got about a couple of mos ahead in effective wear.

hence, a hue comparison from photos may not be so accurate.

side-by-side warp-side comparison under sunlight shows a closer similarity, but of course, not [exact] same hues since they were from different mfg after all.

Edited by BrownMetallic

tnx, hoggy.

dint really do a step-by-step "how to...", but i did post here & MN.

http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?8082-Momotaro&p=320097#post320097

tnx' date=' peeps. imo, the main consideration you need to make between the 201 vs 701 is the rise__ 701 is lower.

Kayo is right about the tea stain_ once is negligible. you have to do it on every soak til the "cast" is apparent. i bought a 1.76oz can of "[b']Royal Red Robe Oolong[/b]" Tea. i've done it x2 so far [using 1/4 of the can per small bucket full]. i'm hoping to produce an amber-cast [for that vintage-ish look]. i'm looking into changing up to black tea for stronger concentration once i'm done with the oolong.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Need advice on what cut would fit me better 1101 vs 1108. I have Eternal 811 in size 33 but would prefer a slimmer look from the knee down. I have Somet 005 size 31 and would prefer higher rise, need more room for my junk. I have Skull 5010XX 6x6 size 33 and would prefer higher rear rise.

I like the 1108 cut better in general, but am afraid of having enough room for my thighs, looking for 12-12.5" thigh post soak/stretch with an 8" leg opening.

So should I go with 1101 sz31 or sz32? Or 1108 sz33?

I think if you want a similar thigh measurement to your Eternal but slimmer from the knee down, then the 1101 would be your ideal cut. If the 811 fit you well at the waist, you should size down one for the Full Count and grab a tagged 32.

Would be cool to see someone else rocking the 1101.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing on with the recent 1101 love, here are mine. I should have really taken the size down, but when I tried on these one wash in the shop they were perfect. Live and learn. Still like them though.

^^ Only gripe is that they are a little loose around the arse.

don't know how the new 1101 denim behaves, but my 1108C 15.5oz [w/c are SD1] stretched out when they broke in. 'Was glad i sized down at 1st, but after subsequent washes the denim took back some slack it gave previously. i can still fit in them ... after some stretching.

with that, i'd say TTS is the way to go.

don't know how the new 1101 denim behaves, but my 1108C 15.5oz [w/c are SD1] stretched out when they broke in. 'Was glad i sized down at 1st, but after subsequent washes the denim took back some slack it gave previously. i can still fit in them ... after some stretching.

with that, i'd say TTS is the way to go.

Agreed, my contest jeans after so many wears and washes are not as loose as they were. I plan on geting 1109XX and going TTS on them.

you know what, I might be dealing with the same issue as Max Power. When I walk up stairs there is just a weird amount of pressure on the crotch/thigh region, even though when I am just standing, everything is good. Im kind of torn. I love the denim and want to stick it out, but Im afraid that the cut is just a bit too trim for my build.