What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

this is a quote from an O.G. poster who has an opinion about a current trend.

this is the response from the person who is supposed to set the tone here

so there it is... youre a retard if you dont think like minya. not only that, but your opinions are not welcome here.

thank god we got that cleared up.

Without commenting too much about the controversy of the day, using words like "douchebag" when giving an opinion makes it quite an aggressive and insulting one. I really can't understand why we've got so many posters wondering why their "constructive criticism" isn't well received....just word it a more positive way (see DjRajio post about circanine(sp) outfit and try to be even more polite/nicer than that if you don't know how to do it). You have to understand that issues related to appearance and image are quite touchy and you must approach them a very cautious way.

I just don't get what the fascination is with controversy in this thread... the pics are hella more interesting. I think what Minya was trying (poorly) to get across is that we should keep the negative opinion comments to a minimum. Simply because even if you're right, there ends up being 20 posts arguing about it afterwards and it tends to derail the thread.

what I wore today:

tour020.jpg

Without commenting too much about the controversy of the day, using words like "douchebag" when giving an opinion makes it quite an aggressive and insulting one. I really can't understand why we've got so many posters wondering why their "constructive criticism" isn't well received....just word it a more positive way (see DjRajio post about circanine(sp) outfit and try to be even more polite/nicer than that if you don't know how to do it). You have to understand that issues related to appearance and image are quite touchy and you must approach them a very cautious way.

but your mod should set the tone. minyas comments by anyne else would have been deleted.

but your mod should set the tone. minyas comments by anyne else would have been deleted.

Possibly but I'm just tired of seeing comments like "May I respectfully suggest that you loose weight you fat bitch, you look like a fag, will all due respect". To use another cheesy metaphore, if you want to help somebody change something about themselves you gotta be as delicate as when you were trying to get to the crux of the matter with your first girlfriend. And "will you remove those panties you stupid bitch" sure as hell didn't work for me...

And now back to the cool piccies

I just don't get what the fascination is with controversy in this thread... the pics are hella more interesting. I think what Minya was trying (poorly) to get across is that we should keep the negative opinion comments to a minimum. Simply because even if you're right, there ends up being 20 posts arguing about it afterwards and it tends to derail the thread.

what I wore today:

tour020.jpg

your body looks disgustingly long!

this is a quote from an O.G. poster who has an opinion about a current trend.

A) this thread isn't "Post Your Opinions on Current Clothing Trends"

B) if you're going to post your opinion, framing it like this: "XX is despicable and lame it really sucks in my opinion it makes everyone look like douchebags period the end." then don't bother. Use a little bit of brainpower, reason, and evidence. Don't be an idiot.

C) Should I have been so harsh? No, probably not. This thread is like a magnet for shitty, pointless flamewars, though. (See the one we're involved in right now?) I'm thinking more and more keeping it pictures-only is the way to go.

In any case, I shouldn't have said anything. Neither should he. Let's move on.

obviously i dont want to start a discussion on the topic, and i guess me posting will undermine the sentiment in itself...... however after scrolling through loads of discussions ive often thought it would be cooler to have pics only, then, at a glance one could compare outfits of SF's with ease. People can allway PM for details about 19" and 21" hems.