Why do you WAYWT?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started doing it more when I realized how shitty my fits looked in retrospect and how keeping that "diary" of sorts can really help improve things. Also, its kind of nice having WAYWT there when no one really gives a fuck what I'm wearing here in Baltimore :D

Ever since I bought my dslr I've been so obsessed with shooting behind the camera that I've become hateful of setting up waywt pics. And forget about asking someone else to take a pic of me. If only I can duplicate myself... one in front of the cam and one behind the lens.

for me, styling clothes is just like any other creative output. just like there are songs that i want to show my friends right after i record, and songs that i would like to keep on my HD until the day i die... waywt works in the same formula.

feedbacks are always great too. similar tastes and eyes reassure my creation, and different perspectives bring out the other side of me that i didnt know existed. thats always fun.

in that sense, i enjoy browsing through other people's waywt photos to get an inspiration. whether they are males or females, different styles or different taste; i usually find something that would inspire me in some sort of a way.

So what brings you to WAYWT.

For posters...is it E-fame? Sharing your aesthetic with the world? Promoting your products? Earning rep?

For viewers...inspiration? Looking at guys in tight jeans?

Feel free to sound off...this is supertrash after all.

as a poster: I'd say sharing my (simple) aesthetic with the world (i know my aesthetic isnt that far from alot of other posters, but we all do have our uniquities). I dont care so much about the rep and am not overly concerned with compliments from strangers, though it is nice to know when others appreciate what you wear.

As a viewer: Inspiration and learning about new companies. Seeing certain looks and things being worn gives a better idea of how something similar may look or yourself. Also its nice to see likeminded people when it comes to fashion, because its something the area i live in is rather devoid of.

Also its cool to see different aesthetics executed well. I tend to like fits with aesthetics similar to my own the most, but i still appreciate other looks when they are done well. For example, i think i would feel self-conscious in alot of haps outfits (too much going on for me to feel comfortable) but i always enjoy them becuase he knows what he's doing and does it well.

I do it for a couple of reasons. I do it because I like fashion, but that's too obvious and vague an answer...I do it to see how I dress when captured in picture, and to observe how my style of dress will change over time. I do it to find out how many variations in dress with my current wardrobe I can concoct, to possibly find an even better way of dressing that makes me content.

I do it to view how others around the globe dress, and to showcase my style of dress to the world; to give my opinion, as well as receive opinions. I do it to gauge my sense of style (both dressing and judging how others dress) in comparison to others. In that sense, yeah I do it for rep. I do it to see how me viewing other people's style of dress will end up effecting mine through inspiration- down to how I even take my pics. I do it because I've taken an interest in photography somewhat. I do it because I see an artistic tone in doing so. I also do it because it's boring around here sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just started, but it's fun because I'm making a catalogue of all my different outfits on my comp so I might as well upload them at the same time. It's heaps funny how some people like my stuff and then some people loathe it. Also I learn heaps by having my fits critiqued. I can take the good and the bad, so bring it on bitches!

I do it because it to look for inspiration in what I wear on a daily basis, and for inspiration in my artwork (fashion design). I also post cause I really want to know what other Sufu peeps think and to get that constructive critisicm (when certain people arent being dicks)

Guest scruf

i mainly read the waywt post. i've posted twice and i've recieved negative comments about my post so i think im going to stop for awhile. but i'm thinking about posting again once i pick up a good slr camera cause i've made a few shirts that i'd like to hear comments on and once i find a good background for my daily digital diary.

I want to see what others are rocking for ideas, inspiration and to tell people they dress like shit for fun. Like if I see some body builder on the street dressed in Dior way too small for him I cant yell out "hey, you suck!" or I`ll get my ass kicked, thats what the internet is good for.

So I cant really ask people to post up their getups without posting up mine..thats what I was thinking when I made the thread..thats what I liked about the fuk.co.uk thread at the time..

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
anyone have tips for making self timer shots work? I finally got a camera, but no gf to take daily pics of me...

Put your camera in a place that is head high or so, or the normal height you would take a picture at. Hit the self timer button, go to your location, pose, picture is taken, do it like 3-4 times to make sure you get a good picture

End!

Put your camera in a place that is head high or so, or the normal height you would take a picture at. Hit the self timer button, go to your location, pose, picture is taken, do it like 3-4 times to make sure you get a good picture

End!

I tried that shit, but in head high position, my feet wont make the pic. the only position that worked was stomach high, but that makes the proportions really weird...

• 1 year later...