cecil

Belts

Ordered ace western belt model 620.. cant wait

20 minutes ago, edmond said:

Ordered ace western belt model 620.. cant wait

I as going to ask on IG which one you got. Black or natural?

Here's my no. 900 for those who don't follow me (yet :P):

IMG_1753.JPG

Got the 620 on black miho chan said he recommends the black 

Yeah, the black will tea core hard eventually so you get the best of both worlds (brown and black).

I was almost tempted to get this very same buckle for my Hubb belt but then I thought that it may have been a bit of an overkill with all the southwestern style stitching.

Definitely on the list for my next belt, though. One of the very few designs they make without gems or swastikas!

U can customize bro

great belt - the leather strap looks amazing, love the coper buckle.

given the thickness of the stap and the size of the buckle the stap looks like it could be wider or the buckle could be narrower...

^ Yeah, a leather worker commented on the same thing on IG. Bill did explain to me how it was difficult to match the exact dimensions given the buckle was hand-forged, so I was lenient about this in the review - it would be another story if the buckle was ready-made or cast-made.

if he makes the buckle first, can't he customize the belt width to match the buckle?

^ The buckle was a last minute upgrade to the belt. 

Ace 620

IMG_5370.JPG

J.&F.J. Baker oak bark bridle leather in London Tan.

20347072_577464912450549_434265064569044

DSCF5253c1.jpg

Edited by engine

On 03.11.2017 at 1:24 AM, lance said:

engine, is the belt from Charlie?  

No, not from Charlie. I'am a leather artisan and all the belts that I show are made by me.

J&FJ Baker oak bark bridle leather with solid brass buckle after a year of wearing.

DSCF5682.jpg

DSCF5688.jpg

DSCF5704.jpg

DSCF2684.jpg

2017-11-10_09-11-58

English bridle belt from Hubb leather

Just a PSA, Ragnar (ex Rå Leather) Thor belts are now available not only in the original oak bark tan, but also in natural veg tan as well as dark brown veg tan:

https://www.ragnargoods.com/shop/

Indigoshrimp's review on the oak bark tan version:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/ra-leather-goods-thor-belt-review/

Does anyone have a source for quality belt buckles? I'm looking for a single prong, 1 3/4", simple design, non-roller, solid metal. 

There any other makers who do something similar to Ian Hubb as seen in this pic i.e. sewn on decorations on the belt? I swore I saw a decent amount of brands who did something similar but I can't find them now.

IMG_20170404_110015_493.jpg

^that's me!

Nicholas Hollows made at least a couple of belts in the same style. I don't think he offers them on a regular basis any more but you can always ask.

^ Scott Willis has been doing fully stitched belts for a few years now. I have one of his in natural horsehide. Worth looking into too. But Ian's work is super awesome!

Some updates:

gXElNAW.jpg

^ Clintonville harness work belt.

Hermann Oak oldworld harness leather.

7EgAdJz.jpg

^ Hawkmoth Leather Co. natural belt

Baker's oak bark leather.

12 hours ago, ALB said:

There any other makers who do something similar to Ian Hubb as seen in this pic i.e. sewn on decorations on the belt? I swore I saw a decent amount of brands who did something similar but I can't find them now.

http://leathergoodsconnection.com/ does stitched belts and a lot more, fully customisable. I can't speak to their belt leather quality but craftmanship and wallet leather are fine. (I don't have one of their belts, but a wallet that is going strong for almost 4 years now.)

On 1/22/2018 at 4:36 AM, Cucoo said:

http://leathergoodsconnection.com/ does stitched belts and a lot more, fully customisable. I can't speak to their belt leather quality but craftmanship and wallet leather are fine. (I don't have one of their belts, but a wallet that is going strong for almost 4 years now.)

I’ve got a belt and a wallet from LGC. They’re both fantastic; Great leather, Simple designs, Great prices. 

Edited by erk