Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Guest renatho

im going to soak my 0701. hot boil soak seems good so it can shrink as much. it looks a bit loose below knee.

what do you think? any other way to soak it so can make it shrink as much?

DSC08759.jpg

Guest renatho
No boiling!!! If the water will harm your hand, it will harm your jeans. Warm water is just fine, and you may need to wear them a few days and soak again to get the full shrink.

so you mean for the first time i just need to soak it in warm water (about 30 degrees?) or hot but not boiling?

and then after how many days i have to soak it again?

how many times do i have to soak it until it can get the full shrink?

thankyou anyway for your advices mlyngard

unfortunately it so hard to find dryer only in jakarta. usually the dryer mixed up with the washing machine itself lol

it must be an asian thing huh? cuz they dont have dryers in korea lol. luckily all the jeans ive bought are sanforized.

newayz here are my fit pics. now keep in mind these are the momo 905sp "classic wide straight" my fat legs needs wide jeans and i actually intended to have a baggy fit, but they still arent baggy enuff.

these are straight from the drying rack and are still super stiff and havent stretched back to normal, so it explains my ass eating the jeans and the bad stacking. im 5'8" 160lbs and my thighs are 23" at their widest

fitpic1.jpg

fitpic2.jpg

so you mean for the first time i just need to soak it in warm water (about 30 degrees?) or hot but not boiling?

and then after how many days i have to soak it again?

how many times do i have to soak it until it can get the full shrink?

thankyou anyway for your advices mlyngard

I found that they won't shrink fully with your first hot soak, and the best thing to do is soak them for about 1/2 hour in hot tap water+ a kettle of boiling water, air dry, wear them a few days, soak (or wash) again, and do the same again if needed. I usually use a combination of a hot soak, then the washer and even dryer for hard-to-shrink jeans. The dryer also helps soften them up, but I know some people don't have access to a dryer.

Some denim has a noticeable second shrink, like Sams, Fullcount and Flat Heads.

Nice fit ^^

Second that. Nice Peanut!

does anyone knows how much is the waist of size 31 in 0701?

On my 31w and 32w from the latest batch, the waist measures about 1" more than tagged when dry, and will shrink to tagged size with a hot soak.

That said, they feel a size smaller than tagged because of the snug top-block, and don't stretch very quickly. I like my sized-up one 32w better.

Guest renatho
On my 31w and 32w from the latest batch, the waist measures about 1" more than tagged when dry, and will shrink to tagged size with a hot soak.

That said, they feel a size smaller than tagged because of the snug top-block, and don't stretch very quickly. I like my sized-up one 32w better.

i feel like im wearing 30w when actually 31w on tagged. my true size is 31 but if i up-sized to 32w on tagged i will look weird because my legs are thin so it will looks a bit loose

im going to soak it in this end of the month. i will soak it 3 times until it shrink to fit.

Guest renatho
this is why i buy sanforized.....lol

yes but sometimes if f it its too loose you can make it shrink in initial soak so you can arrange the best fit. i dont know but sometimes i love sanforized because it is easy lol

yes but sometimes if f it its too loose you can make it shrink in initial soak so you can arrange the best fit. i dont know but sometimes i love sanforized because it is easy lol

Sanf = boring denim ;)

renatho - I agree about being able to get oversized jeans down to a good fit. A machine dry can really help. That's what I did with my Momos. My32w 0701 (sized-up one) are turning into my favorite fit. Still really slim. I should post up some pics...

Some 0701 detail shots. Three months old. About one month of continuous wear. 32w, 32L. Two soaks, two washes. One machine dry. Fading fast enough, total luxury, but stubborn as hell. And who doesn't love the pockets?

I busted the top button a week in, and Gordon was kind enough to replace with a Samurai button. Thanks Gordon!

DSCN2293_885.jpg

DSCN2294_886.jpg

DSCN2295_887.jpg

DSCN2296_888.jpg

DSCN2298_890.jpg

Guest renatho

mlyngard

it is so amazing with three months old and one month actual wear but you can get fades like that.

i love the hidden button fade! its totally cool!

i cant wait to soak mine but still i have to wait till i get dryer near my house lol

mlyngard - can you post the fit pic?

thankyou so much mlyngard

I think some of what looks like fading might be due to the light in the photo. The Zimbabwe cotton denim has a nice sheen to it (but is also still hairy).

These do fade pretty fast in the first month or two.

DSCN2306_898.jpg

DSCN2308_900.jpg

DSCN2310_902.jpg