Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Any idea, how much do 0705SPs stretch?

I picked up a pair 0705SP which is one washed.

It fits very well in thighs and below. But in the top portion, it's pretty tight. I can button up all but with effort.

Does it make sense to keep it and work on waist stretching or exchange it for a bigger size?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

it'll loosen up to about 1sz up with consistent wear. Hopefully this helps?

I've worn mine for about a month and its loosened...had the same situation as you. GOOD luck

I am seriously considering getting a pair of Momotaros soon. I think that I am leaning towards the 0201s. I got a pair of Skulls recently and I am looking for something a little less slim. I am usually a size 32 in Flatheads and Ironhearts. I did go with a 31 with my Skulls. What size Momos should I be?

There doesn't seem to be many evo pics of Momos either. I want to see a faded pair.

The 0701s are TTS when raw. Yes, BiG's chart is off in waist size. Context's is correct.

So a 31 tagged will measure 31"W raw, and shrink to 30. If you go TTS, these will be just slightly roomier than the 5010. Very slightly, with the noticeable difference in the hips and knee. Size up one for a roomier-than-Skull fit. I did.

• 4 weeks later...

Was at BiG this weekend and tied a pair of Momos size 32 and they were pretty snug in the waist but fit well everywhere else. a good pre-soak silhouette. Does anyone with experience with the 201 cut have any opinion on the 1 inch shrinkage and .5 inch in thigh, leg, and knee that BiG shows? Is this pretty acurate?

I can't use the any shrinkage in the waist but need a warm or hot soak to get the leg width to form a bit better: however, I fear that going up in waist size will kill the fit.

Any help would be appreciated?

• 2 weeks later...
He actually pulled the selvage edge in a little bit. Im not complaining though I can hardly notice while wearing them.

DSCF7659.jpg

Every time I look at this picture, I cannot for the life of me figure out why and how your tailor did that. It must have wrecked the fit of the leg.

Momotaros are so beautiful. Damn. I should have gotten them instead of Eternals.

Just got Eternals, and have a few 0701. Get both. They're worlds apart in fit, denim and experience, but both amazing.

There doesn't seem to be many evo pics of Momos either. I want to see a faded pair.

Look here. 0705s I think:

http://www.contextclothing.com/fading_indigo.php

Was at BiG this weekend and tied a pair of Momos size 32 and they were pretty snug in the waist but fit well everywhere else. a good pre-soak silhouette. Does anyone with experience with the 201 cut have any opinion on the 1 inch shrinkage and .5 inch in thigh, leg, and knee that BiG shows? Is this pretty acurate?

I can't use the any shrinkage in the waist but need a warm or hot soak to get the leg width to form a bit better: however, I fear that going up in waist size will kill the fit.

Any help would be appreciated?

Must have just missed you. Was there too the same weekend. I have a 31 and a 32 0701. One size makes a noticeable difference in fit.

Waist is TTS on those before wash, and stretch is very minimal so I suggest you consider sizing up if those are tight while dry, in the shop. You absolutely should not wear these dry. Regardless of the 'partially sanforized' statement, they are true shrink-to-fit, so you'd be insane to do that.

If you size up and they're slightly too loose, then machine wash and dry them. I did on my larger 32s and they fit like a dream now. This denim is crispy, so responds well to a machine wash/dry to soften them up. I'm wearing my 31s with one soak and plan to keep them as a 6-month-no-wash, and the 32s as a regular wash.

The 0701 are (like '47 LVC), true to the tagged size when you get them raw. They shrink an inch waist when soaked or washed.

So if those are tight when raw, I suggest you wear them damp of use something to stretch the waist. I'm a 29 APC also. These are nothing like the easy stretch you get with APC. You'll only get about 1" stretch in a week or two just by wearing them, but as always it depends on how and how much you wear them.

If you really sized up one as I'm guessing from your post, you'll be fine, since post-soak they'll be 31s. It just takes a little more time and commitment to get them stretched. It's one of the tightest weave Zimbabwe you can find, so it's slow progress. Or again, you can use something to stretch them while damp, which is what I do to my 31w.

Once the waist is okay, the rest of the fit becomes an amazing and really rewarding experience as it breaks in. Momos are one of the least appreciated and best jeans out there.

you're from dallas too? no way haha

yeah well My 0701's - size 32 size 29/30 NS and I hot/boil soaked the crap out of them. i've been wearing them all week and they are still tight but I have hope.

it's really nice to know that some denim company makes a jean that doesn't stretch into oblivion though

maybe the only people in the d with momos?

i actually just sent mine back for a 33. i think i could have made the 32s stretch like i wanted, but i think ill get the same fit with a 33 and itll be more comfortable.

maybe the only people in the d with momos?

I actually just sent mine back for a 33. i think i could have made the 32s stretch like i wanted, but i think ill get the same fit with a 33 and itll be more comfortable.

Might have been a really good call on sizing. It's pretty tricky on these. Not much room for error and not much stretch. You guys should give us feedback on your spring/summer experience with these in TX. East Coast summers are so damn muggy.

Fit pics from today. 0701, These are TTS 31w, 32L. Just getting started on these.

MOMO_1.jpg

MOMO_2.jpg

haha i do!

Dra - on those 33 - you will notice a difference in the fit, but not much with some wear. My 32w Momo now fit really close to those 31 I posted, but when I first got them, they seemed huge compared to the 31.

If you want to shrink those 33 down a bit, they respond really well to a short tumble in the dryer on hot (while slightly damp).

My problem with my 0701s:

There are many things I like about these jeans. I think the denim, dye, and details are all great. The fit below the top block is also very nice. I posted some pics a page or two back.

What I can't get over is the front rise. There is absolutely no room for my cock or balls. I actually have to stuff them down my left leg, which makes me feel like a parent punishing his child when they've done nothing wrong. This solution, if you can call it that, is extremely uncomfortable and creates a bulge that looks like a mold of my penis. Keep in mind, I am wearing these BELOW my hips. When I pull them down to a level where my package can breath, I feel like I'm wearing girls jeans and my pubes actually stick out the top.

This is no way to live, so I'm giving up. I wish I had noticed the front rise when I was trying them on at BiG, but I was blinded by everything that is right about these jeans. And yes, I have the correct size and even tried a size up to see if that is the problem. I also have other "low rise" jeans that do not have this problem. Anyway, we've all made mistakes. At least I have learned to pay closer attention to the front rise.

@griffin, agreed.... i hate the front rise..... i couldnt try them out because i bought them online... i cant really handle somets either.... either way... it's just too low for my tastes

They are a size 28. My Skulls are also a 28. I realize that the measurements say otherwise, but my Skulls are very comfortable and my 0701s are not.

Obviously, my post is a little exaggerated, but every time I put these jeans on, my nuts tell me to take them off.

Dra - on those 33 - you will notice a difference in the fit, but not much with some wear. My 32w Momo now fit really close to those 31 I posted, but when I first got them, they seemed huge compared to the 31.

If you want to shrink those 33 down a bit, they respond really well to a short tumble in the dryer on hot (while slightly damp).

thanks for the heads up

Agreed on the front rise. It's not for everyone, like Somet or 5010. There's something about the rises and (especially) the slim thigh and hips relationship that makes the rise feel lower.

Shame you mentioned your pubes. I think that just took $50 off your re-sale price. Momotaros are definitely cut for 'growers, not showers' as my gf might say.

Chambo - Dawei speaks truth - even upsizing one on these for me still gave me a snug fit. They're pretty dense and not too stretchy.

I'd agree on sizing up one as well. You won't get as slim of a fit on the leg, but the waist area is fairly snug. I went up one size on mine.

Word. These are TTS when raw, so they shrink to an inch less than tagged. Combine that with an already snug top block and TTS is risky. They pretty much size like LVC '47.

I've been finding that once they start creasing up in the top block and behind the knees, the leg fit makes sense.