Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

fuck the nay sayers, haven't we moved beyond this dogmatic cult of indigo bullshit?

you guys fall over yourselves to fellate cotton duck when he sews pieces of raw denim and leather all over a pair of jeans (see here and here)

but you can't recognize how awesome this and this and this are?

(edit: nothing but respect meant towards cotton)

+ rep. perfectly illustrated. there's a bit of journalist in you. or you've been watching too much daily show lately.

you guys won't rest until you shit up every thread with your rainbow abortions

this is true

fuck the nay sayers, haven't we moved beyond this dogmatic cult of indigo bullshit?

you guys fall over yourselves to fellate cotton duck when he sews pieces of raw denim and leather all over a pair of jeans (see here and here)

but you can't recognize how awesome this and this and this are?

(edit: nothing but respect meant towards cotton)

Oh shut the fuck up.

Who the fuck is going to praise shiny gold painted jeans with an awkwardly placed indigo patch complete with rainbow outlined stitches, and rainbow back and front pockets and a destroyed leather tag.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up.

Oh shut the fuck up.

Who the fuck is going to praise shiny gold painted jeans with an awkwardly placed indigo patch complete with rainbow outlined stitches, and rainbow back and front pockets and a destroyed leather tag.

Why are you so mad? This is exactly the kind of angry dogmatic knee-jerk rejection of new ideas that shark jacobs is talking about. Are you seriously this worked up over some stranger you dont know spraypainting his pants? Or do you just swear a lot generally?

Oh shut the fuck up.

Why are you so mad? This is exactly the kind of angry dogmatic knee-jerk rejection of new ideas that shark jacobs is talking about. Are you seriously this worked up over some stranger you dont know spraypainting his pants? Or do you just swear a lot generally?

Oh shut the fuck up.

this dude wants to get a rep cause he's with the REAL sufu crew.

indigo is indigo, blue is blue, but rainbow/gold does not equal blue or indigo.

Oh shut the fuck up.

this dude wants to get a rep cause he's with the REAL sufu crew.

indigo is indigo, blue is blue, but rainbow/gold does not equal blue or indigo.

price is $210 US + shipping but is negotiable. Don't want to see such nice jeans sitting in my closet doing nothing.

These has been chain stitched to 32". The waist has stretched 1 inch so it is now 30". A soak will bring it back to 29. Other than that i got the same measurement as BiG so please refer to this link

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3654&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

For picture of the jeans please click on my signature.

I've sorta skimmed through the whole thread, but for some reason the topic of shrinking hasn't really been covered. Does anyone have any details regarding how the unsanforized Zimbabwe cotton shrinks? According to BiG, it's not too much, although it would be reassuring to hear this first hand from someone who has had some experience with the denim. Also, do they stretch much? I feel there's so little known about these, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough

TIA

I've sorta skimmed through the whole thread, but for some reason the topic of shrinking hasn't really been covered. Does anyone have any details regarding how the unsanforized Zimbabwe cotton shrinks? According to BiG, it's not too much, although it would be reassuring to hear this first hand from someone who has had some experience with the denim. Also, do they stretch much? I feel there's so little known about these, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough

TIA

Don't know about shrinking but they wont stretch much as they are tightly woven. Around one inch i would say.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no experience at all with Nordic Denim House, but noticed that they sell Momotaro from Europe. I asked them if they were going to bring in the 0701 model and got this reply:

"I am glad to tell we are bringing in Vintage label 0701 design in the near future. However due to the seasonality of the orders, the next batch of Momotaro is coming in latest in August.

Interesting enough, I have actually received a few more requests for the same style during the Easter.

If you could let me know your size, I could then confirm that the we have the right sizes available in the next batch.

I will give a call to the folks in Japan and see what I can do to speed up the process. So let me know your size and I will let you know more on the schedule, status and the price of the jeans.

Regards,

Taavi Kuisma

Managing Director

Nordic Denim House

www.nordicdenimhouse.com"

+++

The 0201 is currently priced at Eur 199, but I can definitely not be bothered to wait until august.

hi,

is there any differences between the momotaros that has a red tab, and the one which doesn't have any?

because i see at the nordic denim house site, the 0201 model have a red tab (with the peach logo) while the one in blueingreen doesn't have any.

holy shit could you guys from nordic denim house please shut the fuck up? it's a little obvious you guys (or guy) registered 6 different accounts to promote your webstore.

no offense intended though, i love your products, but make it a little less obvious.

Hi mr.aa,

There is no difference between the Momotaro's that have and don't have the tab (except the tab of course).

The jeans in the US don't have the tab due to risk of legal trouble with Levi's however having the tab is not an issue in Europe and Asia for instance.

So usually the products imported to US don't have the tab. As per my understanding this applies to other brands as well.

hi,

is there any differences between the momotaros that has a red tab, and the one which doesn't have any?

because i see at the nordic denim house site, the 0201 model have a red tab (with the peach logo) while the one in blueingreen doesn't have any.

Hi lenn,

I am glad you like the products we offer. However I am afraid I have no control over folks who ask or talk about us. My project is a new kid on the block and obviously people have questions about us. I have posted a note about us on the forums I regularly check and you can find me from other forums such as Kitmeout and rmcjeans.co.uk as well (just look for tony_stark). And I'm not offended by no means. So it's all good.

holy shit could you guys from nordic denim house please shut the fuck up? it's a little obvious you guys (or guy) registered 6 different accounts to promote your webstore.

no offense intended though, i love your products, but make it a little less obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

take 5 x momotaros (the peach butts)

about 3 months of on & off wear

P4300001.jpg

P4300003.jpg

P4300016.jpg

P4300007.jpg

P4300008.jpg

P4300009.jpg

P4300011.jpg

P4300014.jpg

P4300013.jpg

^probably closest to actual color, the monitor on my laptop is shit so it's hard to tell.

not too much going on w/these just yet. a bit of fading at the crotch, the combs and on the hidden rivets. totally kick ass jeans.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Can someone please tell me if the 0703 (Low Rise Slim Fit One-Wash) on BiG is the same cut as the 0701 (15.7oz Low Rise Slim Fit Raw)? I realize the denim is different but I suspect the cut is the same. Just trying to get an idea of what the measurements of the slim raws will be post soak/wash.

Bump.

Can someone please tell me if the 0703 (Low Rise Slim Fit One-Wash) on BiG is the same cut as the 0701 (15.7oz Low Rise Slim Fit Raw)? I realize the denim is different but I suspect the cut is the same. Just trying to get an idea of what the measurements of the slim raws will be post soak/wash.

Not all familiar with 0703, but I suspect it's the same as 0705SP. Both 0705 and 0701 have low rise slim fit cutting. So the difference is that the 0705 (going to war label) jeans come sanforized. The raw momotaro jeans have much greater shrinkage and thus after soaking/washing 0701 will be slightly tighter than 0705. Cheers...

"Is anyone rocking these baby's?

Momotaro DOUBLE HIP CROPPED PANTS"

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/216.html

Yes, they are pretty cool. 10 oz lightweight, super soft. Great for summer time. the reflective pocketing gets loads of props from the messengers around town.. I recommend them. Though I wish the leg was a little longer so you could fold them up more.