Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

What's the stretching like for these? I thought, generally, zimbawean cotton tend to stretch a bit (depends on tightness of the weave etc, as well, of course). I'm sortof in between sizing and I'm trying to figure out if I should go for 34 (and hope for some stretching) or a 36 (in which case I don't really want any stretching). Would these be easy to stretch out like 1.5"-2"?

I said some stuff on the previous page re the stretching on my pair. They have stretched an inch, but I don't think they would stretch much more.

But maybe if you wanna be all hardcore, and soak the waistband and wear them damp to stretch them out more, or something like that, then they might stretch a whole two inches. I couldn't tell you definitively though, sorry :(

There's not much to see here, but figured I would post these up anyway. I have worn these most days in the 1.5 months I've had them. They are only just starting to show signs of fading.

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

Here are some updated fit pics as well (sorry they are blurry...). They fit pretty much exactly the same as they did after the original stretching.

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

yeah, I read what you thought about the sizing. Just figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone else knew too. Thanks anyway. These look really cool, I just have to figure out what to do about sizing...

me too. i'm really concerned about the thighs though. they seem really tight. a 29 measures 30 in the waist but only like 10.5 in the thigh? a 28 samurai measures 12inches in the thigh!

• 2 months later...

My new Momotaros! Slim fit and low rise.

The cut is kinda like diors 21 cm cut (and i love that cut).

More people needs to look into this brand.

P1010090.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010092.jpg

The colour is pretty much like eternals, though a little more black in it.

Stitching on the inside of the legs is pink btw!

This is a size 29 and i use a size 29 in dukes and a 30 in SExIH01, so they are pretty much true to size.

BTW, Aho, did you ever got around buying those aikidou collabs?

the crotch on my pair was coming apart after the first couple wears as well.. for me the jeans were fucking tight. i got a 28 and wear a 27 in diors. after about 15 wears they finally stretched out OKAY. still got tight when i would carry my wallet/phone/keys. great fit on your pair, you look damn tall.

i wish i could wear mine more.. i had started putting a lot of wear into them right before i got my sexfhs :P

great fit man.

re quality issues - I've had mine for about 6 months, worn them hard for 3. They fit tight around the thighs, and I have not had any problems with stitching coming apart there...I guess you were just a bit unlucky.

However the thread around the back pocket where i keep my wallet has recently started to come undone a bit.

but in my experience, the construction/quality is pretty damn good.

^^ if anyone is interested and lives near portland, Collier stocks Momotaro. I think thats the only store in oregon that sells them and a few others..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm really interested in getting a pair of these. Can anyone tell me a decent baggyish fit that will fade? I'm wearing my Red-D Dry Bones right now and I'm looking for a longish inseam (36+) and a baggyish/roomy high-rise fit, and I like the Momotaro idea. I wish these were easier to look at and that more people carried more fits in the states. That natural indigo getting darker thing is nuts!

So I'm really interested in getting a pair of these. Can anyone tell me a decent baggyish fit that will fade? I'm wearing my Red-D Dry Bones right now and I'm looking for a longish inseam (36+) and a baggyish/roomy high-rise fit, and I like the Momotaro idea. I wish these were easier to look at and that more people carried more fits in the states. That natural indigo getting darker thing is nuts!

I have these in a size 32, all the shrink is finally out after a couple of hot soaks, a hot wash and tumble dry (going for a vintage fade) they measure BIG style:

waist- 15

inseam - 36

rise front- 10

rise back - 14

thigh- 12

knee- 8.25

hem- 8.25

hope that helps

You have those?!?

As in "those million dollar never fading jeans that even edmond hasn't got his hands on"?!

Where is my pictures?!

Those would be cool but I have the ones from BIG here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3636&category_id=74&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

• 3 weeks later...

let me preface this response by saying that I get confused by sizing questions.... :)

i wear my jeans on the hips, i just measured that point and it is 33" (although when i bought the jeans 7 months ago it was probably 32 :) )

I bought a size 30 one-wash which according to BIG measures up at 31 (i'd say this is about right)

(for reference, I wear 30 in imperial dukes, 30 in skull 5010xx 6x6, 29 comfortably in nudies...)

these jeans have stretched out to about 32.5 i reckon. with that said, sometimes I find them a little painful to wear these days. yes, they will stretch a bit, but past that point they are quite unforgiving - i think it's because they are quite a tightly-woven denim. they don't give a whole lot.

my advice - you can maybe size down one, but definitely not two.