Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Can anyone tell me anything about these Japan Blue - I've had them about ten years - are they an earlier version ?

I've read through some of this thread but can't seem to see any like these. I'll post more pics if anyone is interested.

akb9na.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This video shows the denim material being hand made on the old wooden loom in Okayama, Japan.

Momotaro Jeans top of the range line jeans retail for JPY178,500 - almost US$2,000. This video shows the denim material being hand made on the old wooden loom in Okayama, Japan.

csPL3WQrLRM

I have room in the waist and thighs, they are just comfortable the way they are. If I size up and soak them, they will stretch out to be too big. If I soak them now they will be a little tight at first but will stretch out to current size pretty quickly from what I hear. I like keeping denim as dark as possible so I figured since they are partially sanforized and won't shrink much I'll keep them raw and maintain that darkness. I would never not soak unsanforized jeans. Still a bad idea?

I was in BIG once and I think I tried on the 0701's and they fit good but I was like O I need to size up one for when I soak them and the guy looked at me like I was retarded and said um why would you soak them?

oh well if you feel like you have enough room in the waist and thighs, go for it. bear in mind though that, as i said, momo denim is a tight weave and does not stretch out much after it has been shrunk down to it's minimum size. you'll probably 1" of stretch, or 1.5" at best.

good luck!

(PS maybe the 0701s you tried on in BIG were already one wash?)

^^^ No they were definitely raw. But I went in today to exchange them for 34's and tried on some PBJ 007's which were too low and slim for me and some Samurai 5000bk's and I actually exchanged for the Sammies. I really like the fit and am excited for post wash. I may still order the Momo's again because I want a blue and black rotation but I may go with Iron Hearts. I dunno I'm in no rush since I have these sammies now.

• 4 weeks later...

The denim on these are amazing, I'm not sure if the fit is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm getting the 0201's in either 30 or 31.

So to get this straight... the waist will shrink down 1" then stretch back out ~1.5" max? I have a true 32.5" waist

As for the thigh measurement, it seems a little roomy... will they shrink 0.5" for sure? My ideal is 12.25" thigh.

The denim on these are amazing, I'm not sure if the fit is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm getting the 0201's in either 30 or 31.

So to get this straight... the waist will shrink down 1" then stretch back out ~1.5" max? I have a true 32.5" waist

As for the thigh measurement, it seems a little roomy... will they shrink 0.5" for sure? My ideal is 12.25" thigh.

fitted some Momos @ BiG and i suggest to be careful in sizing them.

to break it down : 701's are similar to Samurai s710 fit :: they're sized like the Denime 66xx. i'm a true 33 and would not dare go true on these suckers__ i'd size +2 , but +1 is doable.

201's are close to a 501 '47 cut, so don't expect textbook slim fit on these :: measurements matched my SC40400N :: . you can go slim-mer by going true__ personally, i'd size 1 up, but that's just me.

fitted some Momos @ BiG and i suggest to be careful in sizing them.

to break it down : 701's are similar to Samurai s710 fit :: they're sized like the Denime 66xx. i'm a true 33 and would not dare go true on these suckers__ i'd size +2 , but +1 is doable.

201's are close to a 501 '47 cut, so don't expect textbook slim fit on these :: measurements matched my SC40400N :: . you can go slim-mer by going true__ personally, i'd size 1 up, but that's just me.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. I have owned 0201's and just got some Okinawa's which are a 47 501 cut and they aren't even close in terms of fit really. The Momo's are lower rise, and much more fitted in the seat and thighs. The leg opening is slightly smaller as well.

^ don't really want to argue, but the numbers speak for themselves. here's actual post soak measurements of my SC40400N:

SUGARCANE 40400N raw(Hawaii) :: tag 32x34 :: hot soaked x2

W 33 INS 33 F/R 11.5 B/R 15 U/T 12,5 KNE 9.5 LG 9

-proportions compared to the 201s W32. you right about the rise tho.