Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

anyone know anything about the momotaro 2105 jean jacket??

img56710680.jpg?_ex=200x200&s=0&r=1

I usually wear a 38 in most jean jackets, u think this would be fine for this particular brand?

Anyone with any info on this jacket would also be appreciated, or Momotaro vlothing sizing in general

• 2 weeks later...

I usually wear a 38 in most jean jackets, u think this would be fine for this particular brand?

Anyone with any info on this jacket would also be appreciated, or Momotaro vlothing sizing in general

where can i buy this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest renatho

i just got a pair of 0701 size 31. my true size is 31 still a bit tight in my waist but i think it is comfortably fit. it is a bit loss in my leg.

its written in big that 0701 is slightly Sanforized, but in nordic and somewhere forum says that 0701 is unsanforized. which one is the true?

is 0701 sanforized or unsanforized?

what do you think about the fit? should i hem it? or just double cuff it?

IMG00530-20100509-1944.jpg

^^ thats kinda random lol

i think if your a tshirt and what looks to be van authentics kinda guy...u definitely should hem it. and i do believe those are unsanforized. if u check momotaros website all of their jeans are sanforized....except for the ones that dont have ne back pocket designs

i just got a pair of 0701 size 31. my true size is 31 still a bit tight in my waist but i think it is comfortably fit. it is a bit loss in my leg.

its written in big that 0701 is slightly Sanforized, but in nordic and somewhere forum says that 0701 is unsanforized. which one is the true?

is 0701 sanforized or unsanforized?

what do you think about the fit? should i hem it? or just double cuff it?

IMG00530-20100509-1944.jpg

I think they look great. Don't hem - you can get up to two inches in inseam shrink on those. I did. Soak these if you haven't yet. Don't invest time in them until you do so - they take a few weeks to break.

Momotaro uses a 'shrink reduction' process, not true saforization. It keeps the shrink to a minimum without depriving the denim of it's character through sanforization. They shrink as much as many stf denim.

Mine are turning out to be worth the initial break-in challenge. Give them time.

I found that I had to hot soak, and wash my 0705SPs to get the proper fit, but now they're like a dream. They became more taut without becoming rigid, and the hairiness is wonderful. I can't buy any more jeans until december as I'm working on a couple of pairs. They haven't lost too much of the darkness either. I live in Austin and no summer is going to get me out of my denim! That, and I work indoors and can wear jeans anytime--Thank you AC.

I'll post fit pics of my Momo's later.

Guest renatho

mlyngard

thankyou for the advice. it really helps me to decide hem it or not. i think i will soak it in 60 degrees hot water. hope it will shrink as much.

i will of course need your further advices for wearing my 0701. thx a lot :)

where can i buy this?

For sale here, but you'll need to translate/convert:

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/156.html

Check out Momotaro on Facebook too. They're really great about responding and post photos and updates regularly.

Guest renatho
^^ thats kinda random lol

i think if your a tshirt and what looks to be van authentics kinda guy...u definitely should hem it. and i do believe those are unsanforized. if u check momotaros website all of their jeans are sanforized....except for the ones that dont have ne back pocket designs

thank for the info :)

give them a good hot soak

i will definitely give it a boil soak

where you from renatho?

im from indonesia btw :D

i will definitely give it a boil soak

No boiling!!! If the water will harm your hand, it will harm your jeans. Warm water is just fine, and you may need to wear them a few days and soak again to get the full shrink.

what do you think about the fit?

My 0705sp

63ee78e59f540035919bbed636321ba2.jpg

down one size

Classic Momo fit. Looks fantastic. Down one though?! Damn, only uber-skinny dudes can do that. Unless those aren't soaked yet, in which case you may be in for some pain :(

Classic Momo fit. Looks fantastic. Down one though?! Damn, only uber-skinny dudes can do that. Unless those aren't soaked yet, in which case you may be in for some pain :(

the going to battle jeans are sanforized already. and on my battle jeans, i also sized down one, and no one would ever call me skinny.

the going to battle jeans are sanforized already. and on my battle jeans, i also sized down one, and no one would ever call me skinny.

:) That's right! I keep thinking they're the 0701 with paint, but they are sized differently. My bad.

boiling,hot-machine drying, or ironing the jeans won't hurt the denim, although boiling them will do a possibly unwanted severe shrinking of the patch. the only reason people are still wearing denim till this day and age is because it first exhibited enough strength and durability to withstand rough treatment and rugged work conditions.

btw those behind-the-scenes pics are golden, i looked a lil deeper and found these special treats:

55099868.jpg

23372491.jpg

18147742.jpg

pics of worn momos are especially rare around here so i had to show them. we need a momo contest soon, this label is sinfully slept on...if it is to be denim, it is to be okayama

that fade pics are great salaami

I've seen almost all kinds of japanese denim.

and above all, I dare say the quality of momotaro jeans is the best.

but one thing.. I'd be very happy if they improve their fit.

they have many types of model and I've tried several things.

really sorry but nothing take my mind.

boiling,hot-machine drying, or ironing the jeans won't hurt the denim, although boiling them will do a possibly unwanted severe shrinking of the patch

23372491.jpg

pics of worn momos are especially rare around here so i had to show them. we need a momo contest soon, this label is sinfully slept on...if it is to be denim, it is to be okayama

Nice Salaami - Would rep but too soon. Agreed on all said - the destroyed patch is what I was trying to warn against - which is a shame and hard on the material, but I've also read some stories of burned jeans from sitting in a pot on the stove right over a burner. My pasta don't like it for sure. But should have explained more...so thanks - true that the cloth can take it for sure.

Momo's have been my kung-fu challenge. I would have given up last year with my first mis-fit, but I stuck with it (now own three pair...). These were the most stubborn jeans to break in and they almost broke me, but man, they're getting gorgeous now... I feel a connection to my Momo that I'm only just getting with easier jeans.

You got a pair? Kopping a pair? I would love to see a contest, but in a way I also love how slept on they are. Also learned from Gordon that Momo used to (or still does) supply denim to some of the Osaka Five before Momo launched their own pants a few years ago. Cool to know. I actually think the 0701 is a undersized SDA 103 cut. My 32 0701 are identical to my 103s...

Need to post up progress pics this weekend.

ill take pics after my jeans wash today. i wasnt planning on giving them its first wash for another month, but drinking alcohol leads to many things that are unplanned.

Yes please! Post 'em up!

(Hope it was a spill and not a passed-out pee-pee accident, 'cause I've done both :rolleyes: However, marks left by girls can stay for a little while...

when I was in Tokyo in January I stopped by the Momotaro store in the Harajuku area and they had a sign up for a contest that they were running through the brand and a few other sponsors. I should have snapped a picture of the sign to post up here!!!!

on a side note, they also had a ton of really great stuff on "clearance" outside the store, kicking myself for not picking up anything.