SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so i took my 7 month old nudies to the tailor and they did a great job. but they also pressed them and i got them back all flat and new looking. I manually put the honeycomb bends back in by folding and starching. but the legs aren't stacking right. any advice?

The creases were probably taken out in whatever the tailor did. The creases will be harder to set in now because of the loosening up of the denim. You're going to have to bear with it especially considering that nudies get paper-thin with wear.

any suggestions for a straight-leg or tapered cut for those who have big upper thighs? really don't think i can wear the slim cuts anymore.

Well, you didn't really say what kind of denim you want. There's various straight-leg jeans. In terms of cut, you might like the skull 5507 if you want something that is loose in the thighs with a taper. If your looking for a straight-leg, your choice is going to be based on the type of denim you want, because pretty much every brand out there has a straight leg jean.

Hey thanks! I'll look into that. I like how the Lone Wolfs go a little further down the toe box, but the Wesco appears to be a decent alternative notwithstanding the fact the lone wolfs aren't even an option for me at this point ;-) Those Wesco's get expensive though. Trying to price out a custom pair and was over $800 which I guess isn't bad for a custom boot, but maybe a little too rich for my blood right now.

There's always the Red Wing 29xx series. Although you won't get leather soles, you can always resole them later after some wear. Still way less than $800, even if you have to proxy it.

Hey thanks! I'll look into that. I like how the Lone Wolfs go a little further down the toe box, but the Wesco appears to be a decent alternative notwithstanding the fact the lone wolfs aren't even an option for me at this point ;-) Those Wesco's get expensive though. Trying to price out a custom pair and was over $800 which I guess isn't bad for a custom boot, but maybe a little too rich for my blood right now.

I would talk to Whites about getting a pair of LTT Smokejumpers with a flat heel.

i want to taper my pbj xx-007 to get rid of the bootcut. what exactly should i tell the tailor, just to adjust the hem-measurement to the knee-measurement so it gets a straight cut? or will he need exact measurements?

well the jeans you have already are straight cut, it's just that the jeans are flaring a bit. you just need to figure out by how much of a taper you want to get. seeing your fit in the pbj thread i would suggest a slight taper from the knee down.

also talk to your taylor about how he is going to make the adjustments. if you want to keep the selvadge make this very clear to him. you can either take out some of the jeans on the inside or outside of the leg so you might want to consider that too.

hope that could help

well the jeans you have already are straight cut, it's just that the jeans are flaring a bit. you just need to figure out by how much of a taper you want to get. seeing your fit in the pbj thread i would suggest a slight taper from the knee down.

also talk to your taylor about how he is going to make the adjustments. if you want to keep the selvadge make this very clear to him. you can either take out some of the jeans on the inside or outside of the leg so you might want to consider that too.

hope that could help

thanks!

so if i want to keep the selvedge i tell him to take out some of the inside right?

my dad was cleaning out his room and came across some levis from th 70's i doubt they are worth anything but i figured id ask before i toss them out (ill cut the tabs off first)

any help is appreciated

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

When I see the word... first thing that comes to mind was de-neem too. but I figured it could also be what a2nadam mentioned or even den-i'm too.

I always see the brand around and figured it's a good idea to know how it's pronounced since I'm picking up a pair soon, lol

I just got some Momotaro 0201's. They fit great and the waist is perfect right now. They are partially sanforized and will only shrink about an inch in the waist. I don't think I need to soak them and hate losing indigo when I soak stuff. Will my fades look off if I start wearing them without a soak? I'm thinking they will be alright since they won't shrink much.

i bought the eternals 811s and i love em but the inseam is too long.

i'm 5'11 and i just want a nice 1.5" cuff.

i was thinking of getting them hemmed to 34"

how much does getting the hem chainstitched cost?

they're 36" now.

any advice?

ordered from japan? don't deal with the length, just send to BIG and spend the $30 on hemming. ordered from BIG=free alterations.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic