SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Means that the warp and weft threads (Both the threads on the outside and the inside of the jean) are dyed black, giving a jet black color. If it's not overdyed then the thread on the inside of the jean will be white, giving a more raw black look.

jeans can be overdyed in any color, not just black.

I was told that nurses in the hospital use hydrogen peroxide on blood when its still wet...takes it right out.

H2O2 is a really strong oxidizing agent, could cause bleaching in fabric. Best thing you can do is use laundry detergent and cold water (warm water plus blood is bad).

OK, so APC NS black or Dior MIJ 19cm black? Im 5 10 145 soaking wet, o yeah size 28 which one will look, hmm really fitted, if you know what I mean. Like when someone will look and go wow those look great and fit well. I put up Dior and NS because of a lack of "branding" with pocket designs.

Those jeans both fit completely differently.

NS is far larger and less tapered. If you have no clue what you are doing, don't buy Diors. If you want tight jeans in indigo that look great and won't make you a clueless fuck for jumping the dior train (the train looks like this right now by the way: http://www.enterworldpressphoto.nl/editie4/images/gallery/02/DM46500-Normal.jpg) get some APC New Cures, size down one.

Also, I'm negrepping you for wanting jeans that make people go "WOW".

As soon as I get rep privvies back.

I am considering the flathead 3001 but they seem to have quite a small inseam length as i am quite tall (6'2"). What length will they shrink to, and has any other tall people had a problem with the length?

I think the F310 has a longer inseam (same cut). You could always send Kiya at Selfedge (or on sufu) a message asking the inseam length after washing.

Otherwise you're stuck with Samurai, which isn't a bad thing. :)

I am considering the flathead 3001 but they seem to have quite a small inseam length as i am quite tall (6'2"). What length will they shrink to, and has any other tall people had a problem with the length?

We've rarely found anybody, even those well over 6' tall that need a longer inseam than what's on the 3001 post-wash..

Looking for raw grey or black jeans that'll fade to grey much like the uniqlo jeans here :

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/85376-gray-slim-fit-straight-jeans-s001

I'm leaning towards imperial dukes in black. I've also considered samurai s5000bk's but even after heavy fading, some parts seem too black for my taste.

suggestions?

Samurai s5000cx

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s5000cx/

I've never seen or head of these fading though.

(actually I haven't seen any grays fade)

You other option is to get a black pair and wash them often to lose dye.

Looking for raw grey or black jeans that'll fade to grey much like the uniqlo jeans here :

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/85376-gray-slim-fit-straight-jeans-s001

I'm leaning towards imperial dukes in black. I've also considered samurai s5000bk's but even after heavy fading, some parts seem too black for my taste.

suggestions?

I've been wearing Nom de Guerre's non-selvedge greys for a couple months now, and they've faded pretty similarly to those uniqlos... though they were a lot darker to begin with and I've washed them more than a few times. ALso, the denim is much higher quality than, let's say... apcs (since that's really the only other kind I've worn).

If I want my jeans to fade as much as possible (lose indigo, be pretty white-- more than most the jeans here), how often should I wash them? They already have wiskers and combs after 1.5 months (Studio D'Artisan 101's). I understand its going to take a few years, but when and what type of wash? Thanks.

My s5000s only have 4 buttons total. They are size 29. Is this Weird??????

This is normal. s5000 on has four buttons.

If I want my jeans to fade as much as possible (lose indigo, be pretty white-- more than most the jeans here), how often should I wash them? They already have wiskers and combs after 1.5 months (Studio D'Artisan 101's). I understand its going to take a few years, but when and what type of wash? Thanks.

People in japan don't all adhere to the "6 months" rule and some wash them once month, some wash them once a week.

SDA is good denim, you can wash them often and still get good fades. Wash hot, no spin, hang dry.

need help

looking for slim straight jeans, like the corpus rye in rain. Want them to be slim throughout the leg with a small hem but still not taper (at least not a lot). Looking for a pair in dark grey - grey/black. Recommendations?

Thanks.

need help

looking for slim straight jeans, like the corpus rye in rain. Want them to be slim throughout the leg with a small hem but still not taper (at least not a lot). Looking for a pair in dark grey - grey/black. Recommendations?

Thanks.

dont kill me for saying this but...

nudie slim jim coateds sound perfect

this is kind of a small stupid question that doesnt really have anything to do with denim:

are packages still in transit on the weekends? I know that the post office only delievers on weekdays, but Im tracking a package I've been waiting for forever that got to Missisauga on Friday. It makes sense that they will still be in transit on the weekends but then why do they guarentee arrival in business days?

This is normal. s5000 on has four buttons.

People in japan don't all adhere to the "6 months" rule and some wash them once month, some wash them once a week.

SDA is good denim, you can wash them often and still get good fades. Wash hot, no spin, hang dry.

Would two months be too soon to wash and still have my combs and all set? I think I washed my apcs too soon back in the day...

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a pair of Samurais but interested in something similar to Visvim Fluxus 02? The description on these are classic and tapered at the leg, here are pics from Figure:

7e60963065.jpg

Or perhaps something looser would do as well, like a 505 cut with a tapered leg as well?

Any suggestions? Even from other denim brands as well.

Thank you!

so reading the front pages,

i was wondering that when i first got my nudies average joes dry heavy, I didn't soak them at all. I just started wearing them. This is my second straight day wearing them.

Should i still soak them? if not, will the jeans risk a higher possibilty of being damaged? what about fading? will soaking these in hot water improve fading?

newbie,I apologize. flame suit on

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a pair of Samurais but interested in something similar to Visvim Fluxus 02? The description on these are classic and tapered at the leg, here are pics from Figure:

Or perhaps something looser would do as well, like a 505 cut with a tapered leg as well?

Any suggestions? Even from other denim brands as well.

Thank you!

Samurai S510XX is similar. I don't think it's as loose, but you could size up.

Some pics here:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/samuraijeans-s510xx2/

so reading the front pages,

i was wondering that when i first got my nudies average joes dry heavy, I didn't soak them at all. I just started wearing them. This is my second straight day wearing them.

Should i still soak them? if not, will the jeans risk a higher possibilty of being damaged? what about fading? will soaking these in hot water improve fading?

newbie,I apologize. flame suit on

Nudies don't require a soak... They are sanforized and won't shrink much, but they would just stretch back out anyway. You would probably just lose some color..

Guest SisterRay

I am looking for a cheap pair of black jeans. I have been looking at the uniqlo black denim

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/jeans/76374-black-selvedge-denim-straight-jeans

I want to know the size I should get as I will be buying online. I wear a 32 waist 32 inside leg normally. My Regular Alf Nudies are a good fit at this size. Has any one experience on whether the Uniqlo jeans are made bigger or smaller.

Thanks

hi, i have seen people wear their turnups about an inch, but they are really tight (on a loose fitting jean) to so you can see part of you ankle above your trainers, and the jean is stacked above, how do you do this?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic