SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm a newbie, so I won't start a new thread, but I'd be curious to see what movies people think have good jeans in them... I'm bias though since I'm a film nut, so I'm probably the only one.

By the way, I'm only curious because most of my personal style is heavily influenced by movies I like.

I have a "Stafford" brand white t, it's real comfortable and it fits nice too, they make it longer than normal which I like. I'm not sure where I got it from tho, it's been in my drawer forever. I'm tryin to get more, I actually was searching online for it yesterday and it appears they sell it at JCPenny.

Also American Apparel t-shirt are nice but they are more pricey. Hanes are also pretty good and cheaper but the ones I have a slightly see through.

AA is completely see-through in daylight though... I need something thicker. I'll have to keep an eye out for Stafford :)

I am having a hard time to finding

Flat head jeans. I know self-edge carries them, but I want to know where, if any, people shop at japanese sites. Any recommendations from those who got flat heads, Oni jeans, momataro, samurai jeans?

I already check out that one list of japanese sites, but none of them carry flat heads.

Just want to know, thanks for any help

teddy, have you ordered anything from there?

I was directed to this site, but their homepage basically has links to the denim brands OFFICIAL home page

so does that mean i just look through their homepages and just tell them I want a particular item and they can get it for me?

or do they have another link of their direct inventory?

I personally have not, but my buddy who shalt not be named due to being blacklisted from supertalk has.

you pretty much look through the sites and find the items you want then email them if they carry it. you can look through their forum to see what they carry as well, they have a couple of limited edition jeans like Take5xFlatHead. Usually pay by Paypal and they ship to you fairly quickly.

they also have a direct link of their inventory, its one of those side links, but its not all they carry.

just email them and theyll answer any questions you have. they be coolz.

no, Selfedge and BIG is right in the continental US. Shipping from them to my house is really quick and I dont care as much for the tab or arcuates. they also have precise measurements and a great selection to choose from. i'd buy from them first, however if they didnt have the jeans I want or were out of my size, I would probably look to Take5 next.

Hey guys, ive got a pair of those H&M sliq's (given to me by my bro) but im a size 32 waist and they are a 34..havent been washed as yet. I was wondering if i could get the waist made smaller (and possibly the thighs)...but would it be worth it?? i could buy another pair but being a student ive got a tight budget, plus im savin up to get some proper denim.

Any help would be great guys (sorry for rambling on i have a tendency to do that)

Hey guys, ive got a pair of those H&M sliq's (given to me by my bro) but im a size 32 waist and they are a 34..havent been washed as yet. I was wondering if i could get the waist made smaller (and possibly the thighs)...but would it be worth it?? i could buy another pair but being a student ive got a tight budget, plus im savin up to get some proper denim.

Any help would be great guys (sorry for rambling on i have a tendency to do that)

Not really worth the expense...they won't shrink in the wash, so you'd have to tailor them, which might end up costing as much as the jeans. Save up for Sam's or something.

Not really worth the expense...they won't shrink in the wash, so you'd have to tailor them, which might end up costing as much as the jeans. Save up for Sam's or something.

Cheers for the quick reply gimmegimme, i thought it wouldnt be worth it. Might as well save up - thought of gettin some Nudies as ive read theyr a good beginners denim and in the summer i might have some money saved up for some sammies...if anyone wants some H&M sliq's size 34, you know who to give a shout!

Cheers for the quick reply gimmegimme, i thought it wouldnt be worth it. Might as well save up - thought of gettin some Nudies as ive read theyr a good beginners denim and in the summer i might have some money saved up for some sammies...if anyone wants some H&M sliq's size 34, you know who to give a shout!

Don't bother with Nudies. Seriously. Just hold out until you have a enough money to do it right.

Don't bother with Nudies. Seriously. Just hold out until you have a enough money to do it right.

Agreed. I know it seems like a lot of cash, but go straight for one of the Japanese brands like Samurai or Flathead, etc. Most of us on here started with something like Nudie or APC, and then ended up buying a nicer pair and tossing them to the side. Save yourself the money and the hassle.

There are always good deals in the supermarket. Find a brand/cut/model you like, get the sizing advice in the corresponding thread, and then scour for someone else's pair for sale.

Agreed. I know it seems like a lot of cash, but go straight for one of the Japanese brands like Samurai or Flathead, etc. Most of us on here started with something like Nudie or APC, and then ended up buying a nicer pair and tossing them to the side. Save yourself the money and the hassle.

There are always good deals in the supermarket. Find a brand/cut/model you like, get the sizing advice in the corresponding thread, and then scour for someone else's pair for sale.

haha trust gimmegimme...... I also started with nudie, but after I bought Samurai and Flathead, you can notice the big gap on the quality between the japanese brand and nudie/APC

I was thinking of making a new thread, but I decided since they are all pretty short questions, I might as well post them in here.

1.) I've only owned one real dry pair of denim (The Hundreds Stay Platnum), but they are black. I have a pair of selvedge UNIQLO S-002's, but now I'm wanting a nice pair of raw indigos that will last me a LONG time, and a pair that I can really wear out nicely. I've been looking at the APC New Standards for a long while now, and they are within my price range. I tried on a pair of Nudie Svens, and they fit great, but were to much for me (and I hear APC jeans are better quality). Would the New Standards be a good pair to go with?

2.) I also have been looking at the fitment threads, but I never really saw the question directly answered. I really want these New Standards, but I know they fit slim. How do I make sure that my thighs won't look like stuffed sausages? I'm pretty built at (I'm a little over 6' and 180 lbs.) and my legs are muscular from lifting. I think my true waist is a 32, so I should probably go for the 30" or 31" in New Standards, correct? I'm just concerned about the thighs. I also like some decent stacking, and there was hardly any with my Hundreds jeans (which are 34" in length). Should I go longer the next time around? Maybe 35" or 36"?

3.) I'll be coming through Los Angeles this weekend, is there any where (maybe the Fairfax area or Melrose) that would have some APCs to try on?

I was thinking of making a new thread, but I decided since they are all pretty short questions, I might as well post them in here.

1.) I've only owned one real dry pair of denim (The Hundreds Stay Platnum), but they are black. I have a pair of selvedge UNIQLO S-002's, but now I'm wanting a nice pair of raw indigos that will last me a LONG time, and a pair that I can really wear out nicely. I've been looking at the APC New Standards for a long while now, and they are within my price range. I tried on a pair of Nudie Svens, and they fit great, but were to much for me (and I hear APC jeans are better quality). Would the New Standards be a good pair to go with?

2.) I also have been looking at the fitment threads, but I never really saw the question directly answered. I really want these New Standards, but I know they fit slim. How do I make sure that my thighs won't look like stuffed sausages? I'm pretty built at (I'm a little over 6' and 180 lbs.) and my legs are muscular from lifting. I think my true waist is a 32, so I should probably go for the 30" or 31" in New Standards, correct? I'm just concerned about the thighs.

3.) I'll be coming through Los Angeles this weekend, is there any where (maybe the Fairfax area or Melrose) that would have some APCs to try on?

1) Most people are going to tell you (me included) that if you're going to drop money on a pair of jeans you want to wear for a long time, it just makes sense to spend the extra cash and upgrade to something you'll really enjoy. But, in terms of price/quality ration, the New Standard is definitely a solid choice. If you just can't afford to go much more than that, I understand, but spending that extra money on Nudie would be a waste anyway. Go japanese, you'll be glad you did.

2) I wore New Standards, I have the same true waist, and a 30' felt good, but I'm pretty skinny. I'd say a 31' might work for you,but I did the same when I tried them on and it made the waist area look really baggy. APCs are sanforized, so it's unlikely you'd get much shrinkage anyway. I'd just try them on and see how they feel. Maybe a 31' with a soak would fit perfectly, I've just never tried it.

3) The main page for superfuture will have all you need to know...the retail directory works great. APC.fr if you're pressed for options. Their web retailing system works well.

sorry guys just another quick question (for now)

ive been looking at some sugar canes for some time and came across these on the denimbar website > http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=455&DEPARTMENT_ID=38

It says its the 'union-star' canes but the picture shows the SExCanes...and in the item description theyve mentioned the patch is out of ostritch leather, just like the SExSC02's...so im confused, would they be selling the union stars but with the wrong info?...i was assuming the SExSC02 were a self edge exclusive

So i live in Vancouver & I've been wanting to get a pair of evisus for some time

so I'm at this store & i find these evisus for just under 300CND

ES08HMJE15_2.jpg

they're the same pair as on the US site

the lot number on the leather patch on the waist is 0001 if that means anything & their mad in Macau

i was just wondering if they are worth the 300?

Should i save up a few grand money & fly to Osaka & get a pair (which i doubt i'd be able to accomplish any time soon) r get a credit card & if any one from vancouver can point me to some store that sell imerials n stuuf like that

i think the more and more i look at samurai jeans, the more i want them

so...

after some time, I think I want to get samurai jeans from Japan because I rather have the red-tab, it really adds more to the authentic taste of samurai jeans.

my question is:

I want to order from here-

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/

but it wasn't listed as one of the sellers that ships internationally. So I guess I have to resort to a proxy service? If so, what is the cheapest and best proxy service that people have used

I have narrowed it down to:

samurais

or

Flat head 380s

ThirtyPho

those are made from the D85 denim. the red box for the evisu sale uses the same denim and is a lot cheaper, unless ur thinking about buying for the fit, i'd look at some those sale items before i pay retail for that.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic