SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

does anybody here knows some brands who produce such jeans.

somet jeans seem to have some more light than strong yellow stitching, but to me the super-low rise is a turn-off.

i would like to see more brands produce some more of these as i think it looks great!!!

any thoughts or ideas?

First thought...use the Small Questions Thread.

Studio D'Artisan use a lot of different coloured stitchings. I think Fullcount might as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "creasing"?

Fill up your tub, sink, bucket, etc. with warm/hot water...take them out in a few hours and they'll be shrunk.

I think he wants to know how the jeans should be folded when they are put in the tub.

Edit: Re-reading that makes it seem like he wants to know how to get combs/fades..lol

First id like to say thanks, i've found so much valuable information on here that helped me on my first purchase of some quality raw denim. so ill just let the questions fly. I'm 5'7 130 lbs wear a 30/30 in normal presrunk jeans (rl, polo, levi, express, etc.) So i picked up a pair of nudie even stevens 28/32, apc new cures 28/34, and levi original 501 capital e 31/34. i like to wear my jeans fitted but not tight. i know i just dove right in but i couldnt help myself. and i dont have any jeans on hand yet.

1)i like the mild wiskering and honeycombs, nothing to intense (ie not crazy contrast only slight) how do i keep them from not getting to contrasty?

2)i like a mild stack and dont realy like to cuff so im thinking about getting them hemmed but im worried about after the first wash, will the 32s go down to about a 30 34s to a 32 etc, i know there is no exactness but a guesstamation would be cool. all my current pre srunk jeans are 30/30 and i usually rip the back but thats beacuse they are bootcuts, so i assume a true 30/30 in straight leg would give me the mild stacking im looking for since they wont be goign over my shoes. so should i hem staight off or?

3)i think the new cures might be to tight when they get here or will the stretch plenty to give me a fitted but not tight look? and i ordered the levis one size up beacuse i didnt know at the time and they said on the auction to order one up for the "shrink to fit" is their hope that they will shrink down to a fitted fit or is it a lost cause?

sorry for the extensive first post but thanks ahead of time

when you say wash do you mean machine wash or soak. and if i wash right away wont i miss out on the wiskers etc or will this make it so they only come in mildy like i asked for? and by a cold wash wont they essentialy not shrink? i dont want to wash and dry the levis and ruin them if there is no hope, i would rather pass them onto someone else who can get some nice use out of them

when you say wash do you mean machine wash or soak. and if i wash right away wont i miss out on the wiskers etc or will this make it so they only come in mildy like i asked for? and by a cold wash wont they essentialy not shrink? i dont want to wash and dry the levis and ruin them if there is no hope, i would rather pass them onto someone else who can get some nice use out of them

With unsanforized denim you want to wash/soak before wearing. If you wear them in then wash/soak later, the denim will shrink up a considerable amount and all of your whiskers/honeycombs will be in awkward positions. They will still shrink with a cold soak, just not as much as a hot soak.

Also, I have no experience with STF Levi's but from what I've read, you probably didn't size up enough.

Is there any way to get the leg opening slightley smaller besides soaking?

If it is that important, you can take them to a tailor to get them tapered.

i assume both the nudie even stevens and apc new cures are unsanforized denim...so soak in cold water woolite for a few hours hang dry and how long should i wait to wash again to only get mild contrast on wiskers etc....like what should i be looking for cause i know it obviously depends on how hard/often i wear them. thanks so much for the help btw

I really dont know where to post this besides here... so can somebody explain me why i cant order from BiG, in the "CHECKOUT" after "Shipping Address" in the "Ship Methods" theres something like "Please select a Shipping Method!" (But theres no varaint to select) and under that "Error Description: DHL XML Repsonse missing result code" this is surely a a noob question but it makes me crazy

thx

I really dont know where to post this besides here... so can somebody explain me why i cant order from BiG, in the "CHECKOUT" after "Shipping Address" in the "Ship Methods" theres something like "Please select a Shipping Method!" (But theres no varaint to select) and under that "Error Description: DHL XML Repsonse missing result code" this is surely a a noob question but it makes me crazy

thx

Sounds like a browser issue...I'd e-mail the admin, the whole staff is really helpful.

K...

So I have a pair of light weight prada denim i wear when i need a break from the heavy raw denim i wear. I sent them to the cleaners for the first time a few days ago. Got them back and the fuckers have the nastiest crisp CREASE down the middle, not on the seems. It is the most unsigtly thing ever.

How the fuck do I get rid of it?

I was already told I'd just have to wear them to get the crease out, But id never wear these fuckers outa the house with that ugly ass crease. Any other ways?????????

K...

So I have a pair of light weight prada denim i wear when i need a break from the heavy raw denim i wear. I sent them to the cleaners for the first time a few days ago. Got them back and the fuckers have the nastiest crisp CREASE down the middle, not on the seems. It is the most unsigtly thing ever.

How the fuck do I get rid of it?

I was already told I'd just have to wear them to get the crease out, But id never wear these fuckers outa the house with that ugly ass crease. Any other ways?????????

iron? (10)

Wait so since the Nudies and NC are sanforized that means they wont shrink if i only do cold washes for life.....so i can hem them to size as soon as i get them right....as they arent going to stretch down only out?

Sanforized jeans will shrink about 0.75" after washing, so take that into account. You'll probably be better off just washing them first if you are going to get them hemmed.

tried....left a faint white mark down the middle where the crease is.

Wear them to bed until they look better?

sorry pepper with all the qustions. so when i get them do say a 30 min cold soak with woolite dark then let them hang dry then wear them say once hem to my preference. they will still get slight wiskers/honycombs if i do the inital cold soak before even wearing them correct?

^yes

Subkin: if they are brand new, why do you need to use detergent? I have never known anyone to be so unsure and nervous of a pair of jeans!

Get your new jeans, turn them inside out, soak them in water (cold or warm or hot - whatever your preference) or put them in the machine (no spin), dry them, hem them, wear them. It is not difficult.

this is pretty noobish question.

I just got some o/w 811's and they have hardcore creases where they were folded during storage/shipping.

just cold soak 'em and try to flatten the creases out before hanging them to dry? SOP?

I just got some o/w 811's and they have hardcore creases where they were folded during storage/shipping.

just cold soak 'em and try to flatten the creases out before hanging them to dry? SOP?

A soak should do you fine, but the best way to get rid of the creases is to wear them.

I've been looking to buy a pair of grifters, but I'm unsure how they fit in comparison to Nudie Slim Jims. I tried looking for a measurements chart on the nudie site, but failed to find anything nearly as detailed as the one on the Andes site. I would measure my own jims but they are stretched out now because they are about a year old. Does anyone own both of these jeans?

I dunno, I find that a lot of times you can get some serious fading along the folding creases. i assume you're talking about creases near the inseam and outseam? i like soaking for a while and then a hang dry; it calms them down a lot.

if you're talking about horizontal creases then don't worry about, they'll go away through wear.

yeah, I'm talking about the vertical creases along the inseam and outseam. They pretty gnarly creases and the one washedness gave some leg twist already so they're not just nicely along the seam, sort of, in the open field...if that makes any sense

I am not really a denim connoisseur or anything, just need some help from people who know better than me..

With darker jeans, how much effect will it have on let's say a white pair of shoes as far as stains go? Any answers/advice/instructions are deeply appreciated. Thanks.

I am not really a denim connoisseur or anything, just need some help from people who know better than me..

With darker jeans, how much effect will it have on let's say a white pair of shoes as far as stains go? Any answers/advice/instructions are deeply appreciated. Thanks.

READ THE DENIM ENCYCLOPEDIA

but...

Indigo stains white. you could be anal retentive and put a liner around the cuff of your pants, or just deal with it.

Try either cold soaking them inside out and while wet (in the tub), lightly massage them so the fabric "un-creases", then hang dry.

Or...a quicker alternative would be to turn them inside out, then using an iron, carefully iron them out.

If they're not too "hardcore" though, I'd just wear them. Should flatten out with time/wear.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic