SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

When I was in japan a few years ago I bought some UNIQLO S002 Japan Denim jeans. I grabbed the wrong size

UNIQLO's website said I can exchange them as long as they are with NWT (they are) less $7.00 process fee, and the shipping to get it to them.

but im not seeing these jeans on their website.

and if I do return them for store credit, I want to but the selvedge jeans they sell. I am also not seeing that on their website.

am I stuck with these?

Are you serious? They're from Uniqlo, so probably didn't cost much and it was a few years ago in a different country, so hardly surprising they no longer stock that particular model.

Just sell them on eBay or something similar.

Hello all, I'm a little torn and I'd like some advice from some knowledgeable people in this forum.  Any and all help is appreciated.

I already own the N&F Elephant 2's which are 22 ounces.  I'm looking to purchase a pair of textured, slubby denim, and I'm torn between the Okayama Spirits (from N&F) and the Oni 512's.  On the one hand, the Oni's are 14 oz, which is more the weight I'm looking for, and the construction is almost definitely better.  On the other hand, the Spirits are 85 dollars cheaper, and not much heavier.  The fits on the 512 and Weird Guy are similar, and the fabric on each looks pretty great.  Which do you think I should go for?

Hello all, I'm a little torn and I'd like some advice from some knowledgeable people in this forum.  Any and all help is appreciated.

I already own the N&F Elephant 2's which are 22 ounces.  I'm looking to purchase a pair of textured, slubby denim, and I'm torn between the Okayama Spirits (from N&F) and the Oni 512's.  On the one hand, the Oni's are 14 oz, which is more the weight I'm looking for, and the construction is almost definitely better.  On the other hand, the Spirits are 85 dollars cheaper, and not much heavier.  The fits on the 512 and Weird Guy are similar, and the fabric on each looks pretty great.  Which do you think I should go for?

From what I've heard, the Okayama spirits aren't worth looking at unless you're short. The inseam will shrink down a fair amount under the starting length of 33"

From what I've heard, the Okayama spirits aren't worth looking at unless you're short. The inseam will shrink down a fair amount under the starting length of 33"

While the Okayama Spirits are described as unsanforized, the fabric is actually heat pressed. I think shrinkage will not be significant. Though you certainly have a point, mentioning the short inseam.

While the Okayama Spirits are described as unsanforized, the fabric is actually heat pressed. I think shrinkage will not be significant. Though you certainly have a point, mentioning the short inseam.

Blueowl is actually supposed to be getting longer inseams for the next restock of weird guys some time this month.  And the fits aren't actually that similar. The leg opening on the 512 is a fair bit smaller than on a pair of weird guys for the same waist size. Could be an issue if you have muscular legs. 

Blueowl is actually supposed to be getting longer inseams for the next restock of weird guys some time this month.  And the fits aren't actually that similar. The leg opening on the 512 is a fair bit smaller than on a pair of weird guys for the same waist size. Could be an issue if you have muscular legs. 

Yeah, the new shipment will have longer inseams so that isn't a problem.  The leg opening is a half inch smaller on the Oni's than the Spirits in my size, but I'm okay with either as long as the rest fits.  My legs aren't very muscular compared to my waist actually, so I'm worried about getting the Oni's and having hip flare since my legs might not be able to fill them out.

Yeah, the new shipment will have longer inseams so that isn't a problem.  The leg opening is a half inch smaller on the Oni's than the Spirits in my size, but I'm okay with either as long as the rest fits.  My legs aren't very muscular compared to my waist actually, so I'm worried about getting the Oni's and having hip flare since my legs might not be able to fill them out.

Ok, I hadn't heard that. Thanks for keeping that accurate :)

Are you serious? They're from Uniqlo, so probably didn't cost much and it was a few years ago in a different country, so hardly surprising they no longer stock that particular model.

Just sell them on eBay or something similar.

yeah, they were only ~$75 USD if i remember correctly.

prob just toss em up there

Anyone have any experience with either wings + horns or robert geller jeans? I'm looking for either of those or something similar with a loose top block and slim knee down. Any recommendations? I really need a good pair of black jeans as well.

Edited by Poonti

which apc model is closet to levis 511? petite new standard?

Actually I'd say that new cures are the closest to 511's, since both fits are slim in the top block/thigh but pretty straight from the knee to the leg opening.  PNS are more tapered, especially from the knee down, than 511's.

I need info on Paul Smith 1946 stovepipe carpenter jeans. Overall look are they selvage. Do they indeed have a carpenter pocket. Is it the same denim on the Red Ear, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello, Im planning a trip to Malaysia in the spring of 2014!  Im, looking for advice on which cities, (and specifically which stores) to visit for denim shopping.  I would like to shop at a place that has the budding Malaysaian brands, and possibly another shop that carries the popular Japanese brands.  Also looking to get my girl her first pair of selvedge denim with any luck.  It's up to me to plan the details of the trip, so at this point, any city or excursion is possible.  This will be my first trip to Malaysia, so if there is advice on any other sites to see, feel free to suggest them.

Hey folks.

ive recently become 40 and decided hey im going to wear slightly baggier jeans.ive been wearing skinny and slim fit jeans with clarkes desert boots and various trainers etc but just bought some carhartt klondike and nudie grim tim dirty dry denim along with some wolverine apprentice boots (couldnt afford redwings :() . Anyway these jeans feel huge in comparison to my previous and im searching for images and ideas!

Paul

Congrats on the switch.  In the meantime you are better off posting in the "small questions thread" which you can find at the top of the forum, or just checking out the various brands in the threads here.

Hello, Im planning a trip to Malaysia in the spring of 2014!  Im, looking for advice on which cities, (and specifically which stores) to visit for denim shopping.  I would like to shop at a place that has the budding Malaysaian brands, and possibly another shop that carries the popular Japanese brands.  Also looking to get my girl her first pair of selvedge denim with any luck.  It's up to me to plan the details of the trip, so at this point, any city or excursion is possible.  This will be my first trip to Malaysia, so if there is advice on any other sites to see, feel free to suggest them.

Zolo Collection carries brands like Flat Head, Iron Heart, Strike Gold, and more. 

So sorry this probably isn't the proper place, but whatever:

Looking for (thanks to work, not personal taste) a clubby/ blacked out / modern collection of pieces. Perhaps the male equivalent of Helmut Lang? Need some club kid shit. Nothing loud. My pbjs and oxfords ain't cutting it haha thanks guys.

i need some help changing up my denim. i'm looking for black skinny jeans. i've been wearing levi's 510s for a while now but i go through pairs way too fast, so i'm considering something from Acne. could someone please tell me which is closer in fit to the 510s, the Max or Ace? Also which black wash do you like better, Sing or Cash? thanks!

I would rather look into IH (301, 555) or 3Sixteen, maybe the Left Field Black Marias.

Second the Black Marias, there's even a sale on at the moment

The Black Marias look nice, but maybe not as skinny as the Levi's 510. Do these fit true to size? I am about a 30" waist but they only have size 29 left. I'm thinking they will stretch? I've never owned selvedge denim..

The Black Marias look nice, but maybe not as skinny as the Levi's 510. Do these fit true to size? I am about a 30" waist but they only have size 29 left. I'm thinking they will stretch? I've never owned selvedge denim..

They do fit true to size. They're definitely not as skinny as the 510, but if you went for the chelsea cut you wouldn't regret it. They will most likely stretch over time, you might ask in the left field thread to get some info from people who have owned that specific denim. I have a pair of the green weft and I love them.

edit: the 29 might give you the skinnier fit you're looking for, too.

Edited by altoclefchris

Hello gentleman, I don't believe there is alot of love for thorogood boots on sufu, and perhaps i should have asked this in the boot thread, but does anyone know if the thorogood plain toe/moc stretch very much in width? Ive been wearing some and they are pretty damn tight in width, and they're even "wide". Any insight would be great.

Shipping question!

SO my red clouds arrived from Germany to the states on 11/30 according to Deustche post tracking. I'm not anticipating any duties  taxes or extra shipping charges but the jeans have still not been delivered. I've never had anything stay in customs for longer than a day so my question is anyone familiar with Deustche post tracking? I don't anticipate the tracking to be super specific since it's now stateside but there is no way for me to tell if it's in customs, my local post or out for delivery. Will it say delivered once its delivered?

Any insight helpful

Last time I shipped something to the US, the tracking stopped at the border and you have to track the package through the official homepage of the company that does the shipping in the US. Could be USPS. You certain it was Deutsche Post and not DHL? You bought them from Max Power, right? :)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic