SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

A question about soaking. How do you guys keep a Hot soak hot? I mean i see most pics people post are in a normal bath. When I soaked jeans for the first time I used boiling water etc, had all my pots out boiling water and poured it all in a tub. But the water pretty much cools down after an hour and after 2 hours or even less it becomes 'warm' so it isn't really HOT soak anymore. Do you guys continuously add hot water? Drain out abit of water then add hot water? How do you keep your water HOT? or just leave it? And also I saw some people doing a 5 hour hot soak. Surely by 5 hours the hot soak would become a cold one in 5 hours unless something was done to keep the temperature up?

...or you could just hot wash them and save yourself a lot of hassle.

The way I keep a hot soak hot is I periodically open the drain and turn the faucet on again. about every hour or so. I normally don't soak though just hot wash inthe machine. I soaked my Warehouse jeans bc I wanted to see how much indigo I would los. Once I saw just a little and realized that there was more shrinkage to be had I threw them into the machine and dryer. I know that they are going to shrink even a little more after another treatment like this. It takes multiple washes and dries to shrink jeans to their maximum.

There slightly bigger than I would have liked, but I had a lengthy discussion with Gordon about that and he stated exactly what I said in my earlier post, A lot of people are not getting the full shrinkage out of them. I went back and remeasured the thigh still has another 1/2 in. to shrink in still, and that was with them being in the machine for a hot wash and in the dryer for a good 40 minutes. The denim is really nice btw, little different from some of my other jeans. "not the best but def. not the worst", kinda thing.

There slightly bigger than I would have liked, but I had a lengthy discussion with Gordon about that and he stated exactly what I said in my earlier post, A lot of people are not getting the full shrinkage out of them. I went back and remeasured the thigh still has another 1/2 in. to shrink in still, and that was with them being in the machine for a hot wash and in the dryer for a good 40 minutes. The denim is really nice btw, little different from some of my other jeans. "not the best but def. not the worst", kinda thing.

Interesting...the cut looked a bit too skinny for my liking when I saw cheep's pics...still kinda regret not getting them though...was a good deal.

I'm between a 31/32 in most jeans, I normally go 32 because I like a 'normal but slim' fit. I wear a 32 in Skull 5507, 31 in Nudie RRDG, and a 33 in Imperial Duke.

So, which is the least slim out of these jeans:

APC New Standard Sized Down 3 (29)

Pure Blue Japan 005 True to size (32)

Kicking Mule 1980 Sized down 1 (31)

Those are all pretty slim...I think the NS's are the least slim, but you could always look at the sizing charts on BiG's website, and whoever sells APC (context?). Sizing down 3 on NS's would be pretty slim though, I would only go to 2. PBJ's stretch a lot, so size down 1...not sure about KMW.

I'm between a 31/32 in most jeans, I normally go 32 because I like a 'normal but slim' fit. I wear a 32 in Skull 5507, 31 in Nudie RRDG, and a 33 in Imperial Duke.

So, which is the least slim out of these jeans:

APC New Standard Sized Down 3 (29)

Pure Blue Japan 005 True to size (32)

Kicking Mule 1980 Sized down 1 (31)

I don't have any exp's with KMWs, but with NS's sized down 2 and PBJ's true to size, I find them relatively the same slim-wise, though the pbj's leg and hem are noticeably wider from the knee down...moreso the hem than the leg, calves are still pretty tight.

For reference, my NS's aren't broken in much at all though, while my pbj's have had probably 8-9 months of regular wear. So obviously, I expect the NS's to relax out quite a bit once I find time to get to them.

If you like a normal-slim fit, get NS's sized down 2 (3 prob be too slim, imho) or PBJ's true waist.

Anyone know some looser cut denim with a low rise? I'm looking for a loose to regular fit, but the rise on Big E repros ('47, '55, 1000xx, etc.) is just too high for me.

I was thinking about going true to size or sizing up on s5000's, but I'm kinda sick of Samurai at the moment. Any suggestions?

kind of a dumb one. i'm hoping to snag this jacket but i'm admittedly unsure of its gender based on the length of the sleeves... appears to be a lee riders from the 80s based on the denim collar. measurements check out but still... wanted to make sure. this doesn't look like a girl's jacket right?

76053765_o.jpg

Dior 21cm's - size down one (what I do for most dry jeans) or stay with my regular size? Not going for a super skinny look as I want more of a slim straight leg.

definitely size down at least one. remember dior raws measure about 1.5" larger than marked in the waist, and still stretch. if you can get them from a source that accepts returns/exchanges then feel free to experiment.

kind of a dumb one. i'm hoping to snag this jacket but i'm admittedly unsure of its gender based on the length of the sleeves... appears to be a lee riders from the 80s based on the denim collar. measurements check out but still... wanted to make sure. this doesn't look like a girl's jacket right?

Do you know what the size is on the tag...or any dimensions?

Anyone know some looser cut denim with a low rise? I'm looking for a loose to regular fit, but the rise on Big E repros ('47, '55, 1000xx, etc.) is just too high for me.

I was thinking about going true to size or sizing up on s5000's, but I'm kinda sick of Samurai at the moment. Any suggestions?

Maybe these? Do you want a straight leg or a taper?

Do you know what the size is on the tag...or any dimensions?

the tag was removed but it's a size small. 19" pit-to-pit, 22.5" body length, 24" from shoulder to cuff. i actually prefer the long sleeves since i'm tall and lanky, but i would just have slight moral reservations about wearing a girl's jacket is all.

the tag was removed but it's a size small. 19" pit-to-pit, 22.5" body length, 24" from shoulder to cuff. i actually prefer the long sleeves since i'm tall and lanky, but i would just have slight moral reservations about wearing a girl's jacket is all.

If it were women's it would be smaller than that. My levi's jacket is SM and has similar dimensions...you're good. ;)

definitely size down at least one. remember dior raws measure about 1.5" larger than marked in the waist, and still stretch. if you can get them from a source that accepts returns/exchanges then feel free to experiment.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just size down one. I wear pretty much all my jeans really low and sag them a ton. I'm not going for a super slim fit, and don't mind a straight fit. I find that with a lot of my dry jeans, I either size down one or stay true to size, let them stretch, and wear them a bit loose.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic