SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Is there any place online I can get some raw Levi 501's? Everywhere I look, they just have the lower end washed kinds..

http://www.google.com/search?q=levis+501+shrink+to+fit&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS176US228&aq=t

the shrink to fit(STF) ones are a cheaper but some have faded decent. LVC 501 is quality and comes in a few diff fits depending on the year. the 66 model is the slimest if i recall. i would search for the levis threads for more info.

I believe the '47 cut is the 501's slimmest silhouette.

it was slimmer than all previous models but the '66 model is listed as the slimmest one here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010 and on cultizms website it is listed as the slimest 501 to date http://www.cultizm.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p125_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1966-501-JEANS-RIGID.html

it was slimmer than all previous models but the '66 model is listed as the slimmest one here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010 and on cultizms website it is listed as the slimest 501 to date http://www.cultizm.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p125_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1966-501-JEANS-RIGID.html

That's correct. 47 is still a very nice cut though. ;)

Hey everyone. There is a great wealth of information on the denim forum here and i love skimming through it. Im wondering though if there has ever been a sort of Denim Primer, or a FAQ, or maybe even a tutorial/history of denim... Basically, some sort of ressource that has been posted here or on some other webpage explaining the material, stitching, selvedge or not, etc etc.

Thanks a lot, i hope there is such a thing!

I am looking for Low waist, long crotch look, with skinny leg preferbly for a size 30 or 31 is 17.5cm helm... no more than 18cm. I do require abit of breathing space for thighs.... any idea what should i be looking at? i am prepared to size up for that long crotch look....

I am looking for Low waist, long crotch look, with skinny leg preferbly for a size 30 or 31 is 17.5cm helm... no more than 18cm. I do require abit of breathing space for thighs.... any idea what should i be looking at? i am prepared to size up for that long crotch look....

Maybe Dior 19cm or KMW Rocker? I'm not sure what your budget is...not all skinny jeans look good sagged (I assume that's what you mean by "long crotch look").

Long crotch? I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm assuming riding space for the small scrotum?

If so, try Cheap Monday's Riding Space cut.

521920066312141450804245_L.jpg

They also have those ridiculous Eiffel Towers with the insanely high waste. You could have it sit low and have the thighs stack.

Anyone know where to get a discounted pair of acne(raws)? I saw they just raised the prices on their webshop by $50.

That's a pretty big price jump. Are you in the US? If, so, you can try calling Oak in NYC...or contact them directly and ask for a local retailer:

[email protected]

I'm sure someone will have old stock. Otherwise you're stuck trolling the Supermarket or eBay.

If this is a waste of your time i'm sorry but i'm just tryin to step my "Denim" game up so please help a brotha out :)

....Anyway here is my situation:

....Yesterday u bought a pair of Levi's Regular Fit 505 jeans (size 33x32) *My true size is 32x32* they are my ideal fit for jeans cuz i like the way the go with my Dunks and etc...

PICS:

dsc03817ui6.jpg

dsc03818bg8.jpg

...and here are the 501 STF's i only bought cuz i had heard so man good things about em (size 34x32) *My true size is 32x32*

dsc03821hi6.jpg

dsc03824tj7.jpg

dsc03825cy1.jpg

i actually like em but for some reason i felt like they feel/look funny (cuz of how the zipper / button fly part looks extra long :| ) and i also wanted to know if i was to soak these first or wear them for a while before i soke em cuz i really wanted a look similar to this:

(i know they wont fit just like these cuz these Evisus are clearly a diff type of cut but yea :blush: )

evisu2000no2fitcu4.jpg

....wit the whiskers and honeycombs (if possible cuz these arent tight like them other dudes jeans) I have heard alot and some have told me to just wear ema dn some have told me to sok em fist and soe have even told me to return em and get size *30x32* because they will stretch which made me wonder "ont they stretch if i just were these ?"

...anyway i just wanted to ask u what your thoughts are ? :fonz:

~Should i soak em before i wear em ?

~Just wear em ?

~Return and get a diff size (my true size IS NOT availible :confused: )

....i also wanted to know the diff between 501 STF's and 501xx 's

Wow that was a long question.

Alright...with regard to the STF's, you probably want to soak them...simple reason is that if you wear them raw, you'll develop fading that will look weird when you finally do wash them (honeycombs will be too high on the back of your legs, etc.)

If you like the fit currently, you need to get a bigger size to account for all the shrinkage. If you don't ever plan on washing them (drycleaning), you're fine.

All the fading/honeycombs/whiskers will occur naturally with wear...you don't have to do anything special.

I'm pretty sure that the XX indicates that they're shrink-to-fit.

edit - I blew that last statement out of my ass...check out this link (under "X"):

http://www.steelzipper.com/steel_zipper_vintage_clothing_definitions.html

hey i recently picked up a couple of nudies. both slim jim cut. one of em is black and im just wondering what kind of soak should i do? im currently having to wear uniform and i bearly have time to break into my jeans only on weekends n stuff. i heard a cold soak is pretty good. but i dont know how long i should do it for. and a hawt soak seems to be preferred all over.

Free hotel... food... don't ask :P

So I'm gonna get some shopping done for sure.

I want to pick up some handpainted Evisu's at the store here. SO... I try on some with blank pockets... Then get them painted in my colour of choice. (I'm thinking a pair in the classic ecru... but might get some in black)

Do they do it right then? Or do I have to come back to pick them up?

(and if so... then how long will it take?... and does anyone want any pickups? I figure I can manage a few if anyone wants some)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic