SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Your supposed to shrink them in the tub, fill it with hot water and leave them in there for 2hrs or so, the waist will shrink in about an 1" and the legs about 2"-2.5" then dry and your good to go. Why didn't you get the one wash ones? all of this is done for you already.

I just picked up the Skull 5010 6x6 raw at BIG. The legs are too long for me but Gordon said they will shrink 2" when I wash them... Should I wash them right away so they fit perfect or wear them long?

If Gordon said they'll shrink 2" in length, you got the raw version (as opposed to the one-wash)...don't wash them...soak them in warm/hot water for an hour or two...that will get the shrinking out of the way without losing any indigo. Make sure you do this before you put any wear into them, otherwise your creases/fading won't line up with your legs.

oops...both answered at the same time ;)

^^

Sometimes I like to come in here and reminisce about all of the information that I didn't know and how abused I got for trying to figure it out. that and offer somekind of payback to someone else, but you do a wonderful job of consistently asnwering every question that goes by!!! touche my friend.:)

^^

Sometimes I like to come in here and reminisce about all of the information that I didn't know and how abused I got for trying to figure it out. that and offer somekind of payback to someone else, but you do a wonderful job of consistently asnwering every question that goes by!!! touche my friend.:)

I'm just glad we both had the same answer!

Do I need to drain the bath and fill it with new hot water a few times during to soak to make sure the water stays hot?

I personally use 2 plastic storage bins from ikea...the rubbermaid-style ones that nest inside of each other when the lids not on. I fill one with water, stick the jeans in, and stick the other one on top...the water creates some suction, keeps the jeans under the water, and keep the water warm. If you're going to do more than one soak, I would change the water each time.

First, congrats to gimmegimme for all the great work he's doing on this thread. I would rep you if I could, but I have to spread before.

Now, I can't find the pictures of the worn PBJ006XX that were originally on BIG's website. I searched the PBJ threads, but couldn't find it and BIG removed it from their website. Anybody kept it somewhere, or would be kind enough to send me a link? Thanks.

k so i got my 1st pair of 501 STFs a month ago to work with before i move onto more expensive stuff. i ordered them online im usually 36 but i sized up to w38 l34 for shrinkage. the problems i have now are that i have some nasty looking ass baggage and the worst stacking in the world. im gonna get another pair but what size should i get so that the same problems wont happen

First, congrats to gimmegimme for all the great work he's doing on this thread. I would rep you if I could, but I have to spread before.

Now, I can't find the pictures of the worn PBJ006XX that were originally on BIG's website. I searched the PBJ threads, but couldn't find it and BIG removed it from their website. Anybody kept it somewhere, or would be kind enough to send me a link? Thanks.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/enter.html i think that's a 006...correct me if i'm wrong.

and yep, gimmegimme have been doing a great job all along.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of Nudie RRDS or SJDB's in southern california? or online but pref. to try them on first.

Peace

Yes, you can get them from The Attic in Buena Park. Right across the street from knotts berry farm. However, they charge full retail price.

I just used the store to try them on and find the right size, then I ordered them from cultizm.com for 190 shipped and they got to me from sweden in 3 days.

k so i got my 1st pair of 501 STFs a month ago to work with before i move onto more expensive stuff. i ordered them online im usually 36 but i sized up to w38 l34 for shrinkage. the problems i have now are that i have some nasty looking ass baggage and the worst stacking in the world. im gonna get another pair but what size should i get so that the same problems wont happen

I actually got STF's in my normal sized down size. 501stfs are just really baggy jeans before AND after shrinkage.

After shrinkage it fit pretty decently except the waist was too tight. I stretched it out and now they're just right.

somebody school me on nudies?

if i buy a pair do i needa buy them 2 sizes down like a.p.c's

what kind of fits are there? which is most common?

any prefrences?

if you buy a slim cut like the slim jim or thin finn, you'd probably go for your normal size.

if you're going for a regular ralf, even steven, average joe type cut, but you want it to be fitted, then i'd size down one.

i got a RRDS sized down one, and i like it. It's not tight but not baggy.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/enter.html i think that's a 006...correct me if i'm wrong.]

Thanks. These are the 006, but I was looking for the specific picture that was on BIG. I'm pretty sure someone posted here too.

Was it this post? I think these are from the Bears website...or some rakuten website.

I like them more than the 003 and 005 actually, so tired of slubby denim.

xx006sa.jpg

xx006sa-2.jpg

Yes! The last picture is the one I was looking for. I believe the pair from Bears and the last one are the same, the wear pattern being identical. I would be curious to see other worn pairs.

I have a pair of these too, have been wearing them for around 3 weeks now, and except for a little wallet mark, they haven't changed at all, so I'm wondering too how this specific pair ended up like that. Patience.

They are very good summer jeans though, very light and comfortable.

Hey, quick question. How exactly do you get a pair of dark jeans to get to this state? Months of fading? Specific wash? Chemicals? Someeeeone help out a Denim newbie ;P

These jeans were also APC Cures. I have nooo idea about raw denim or anything so try and keep it simple ;P

a1.jpg

yeah, what came said. why don't you go get your edumacation on by reading more, serge? your simple question has been answered many of times, sir.

and it takes many wears and dedication.

lol thats more like it. yeah I have been reading around about raw denim and everything. this forum is way helpful.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic