SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey guys, i need a link to a site that sells slim jim dry japan in 31/32 or 31/34 for about 160. I already checked denim bar and they don't have any sizes left and i can't order from cultizm because i keep on getting an error. Help please.

I got some nudie slim jim dry black and wore them for one day, some stretch as expected. these are my first nudies so i have a couple questions-will they stretch any more? if so, how much? Would a water soak shrink them back/speed up fading process? (since black takes longer)

i sized down 1, I wear my jeans around the part of my waist which measures 30 in. size is 29 X 34. thin finns in this size fit almost perfect, a tad too tight on me. (before stretch). would a 27 be too tight? (3 sizes down, of course its too late now-but i plan to pick up another pair in indigo in a few months).

sorry for excess info. thanks.

I got some nudie slim jim dry black and wore them for one day, some stretch as expected. these are my first nudies so i have a couple questions-will they stretch any more? if so, how much? Would a water soak shrink them back/speed up fading process? (since black takes longer)

i sized down 1, I wear my jeans around the part of my waist which measures 30 in. size is 29 X 34. thin finns in this size fit almost perfect, a tad too tight on me. (before stretch). would a 27 be too tight? (3 sizes down, of course its too late now-but i plan to pick up another pair in indigo in a few months).

sorry for excess info. thanks.

your slim jim dry black will continue to stretch, how much depends on how hard you wear them.

hot water soak will not speedup nor slow down the fade process up, they're black they'll take longer but will look good with time.

sizing down three sizes in nudies will not work they will not button and if you do manage to get them buttoned, well then within in a week of wear your nuts will be hanging out of the crotch of your jeans.

i thought this would be the right place to ask all my questions:

so im 5'5 weight about 125 and i wear about a 29X30 or a 30X30 in generic jeans.

now im looking at a pair of nudies and apc's to break me in because im new to the denim scene. but if they're any other jeans selections you would like to offer im open to them. im just trying to expirement with the fades and honeycombs so using a rather cheap pair of jeans would be a pretty good demo. i prefer slim jeans. not tight as dum but more like sidneylo if that helps any.

what do you think the sizes i should get should be. i've tried reading the threads but people usually go back and forth about the sizings and what not.

so first what kind of jeans do you think i should get? second what kind of fitting should i get?

and with the information i've stated i hope someone can help me. thanks in advance :)

i thought this would be the right place to ask all my questions:

so im 5'5 weight about 125 and i wear about a 29X30 or a 30X30 in generic jeans.

now im looking at a pair of nudies and apc's to break me in because im new to the denim scene. but if they're any other jeans selections you would like to offer im open to them. im just trying to expirement with the fades and honeycombs so using a rather cheap pair of jeans would be a pretty good demo. i prefer slim jeans. not tight as dum but more like sidneylo if that helps any.

what do you think the sizes i should get should be. i've tried reading the threads but people usually go back and forth about the sizings and what not.

so first what kind of jeans do you think i should get? second what kind of fitting should i get?

and with the information i've stated i hope someone can help me. thanks in advance :)

since you like sidneylo's fit. why not try flathead 3001's or f310s although that's not gonna guarantee those jeans will look good on you. try them out at a store

Bare minimum is 150 baht for a redline quasi-Levis (simiilar branding, but with some random name on the patch), up to probably 2500 if you want a 'super-fake' with hidden rivets, chainstitching, and whatnot. Less if you haggle, naturally.

edit: As for where, the easiest spot is Chatuchak market on the weekends. MBK (Mahboonkrong Shopping Center) and Siam Square should have a decent selection of fakes and local brands near downtown. Platinum Shopping Mall near Siam Square has lots of random denim, and if there's any malls near you with the sort of 'mini markets' they have sometimes, you can probably hit up one of those. If you're near downtown though, easier to hit one of the first three I mentioned. Good luck!

In Thailand, 2500 baht is about 70 dollars right now. The exchange rate in the country is better than doing it in other countries, so bear that in mind when you get here. As for the where, see my edit. Siam Square, MBK, and Chatuchak (or Jatujak, depending on who's spelling it) are all really easy to find.

i needa be schooled on nudies,

are there fakes of these jeans out there? http://www.fos5.com/products.php?cat=27

can anyone confirm if that site is legit

also i'm still a bit undecided on what cut i wanna get, i'm lookin into the even steven dry cut because of the shine, and the selvage line, can anyone gimme any tips?

Don't know if the site is legit...they're using photos directly from the Nudie website. Not to overt you from this forum, but mynudies.com will have much more info. When you're done with nudies, come back and we'll teach of all the other wonderful brands out there. ;)

ok, i'm denim nubie and usually wear nothing but dior sz28 ^_^

i want to try some japanese denim but i dont know which model will fit pretty much like those 19cm sz 28 diors. prolly a bit looser fit would be fine, but nothing that would look like prps (i have a pair, they are great but fit too loose)

i want them to be natural indigo around 12oz weight.

what would you recommend?

1. Purchase raw jeans

2. Soak them if you want

3. Wear them

Thanks alot for answering, I still need some clarification though.

1. I intend to purchase a pair of Samurai jeans, I'm skinny and prefer my jeans slimmer than straight. Somewhere in between skinny and straight. Is Samurai a good choice ?

2. How do I soak them, and for how long ? Hot or cold water ?

3. If I simply wear them for day to day use, will I develop the fades and creases ? Or do I have to wash it before the colour comes off those parts ?

Thanks in advance !

Don't know if the site is legit...they're using photos directly from the Nudie website. Not to overt you from this forum, but mynudies.com will have much more info. When you're done with nudies, come back and we'll teach of all the other wonderful brands out there. ;)

fos5 is legit and was just taken over by context. You might want to take a look at the context website: contextclothing.com or shoot sam a PM

Thanks alot for answering, I still need some clarification though.

1. I intend to purchase a pair of Samurai jeans, I'm skinny and prefer my jeans slimmer than straight. Somewhere in between skinny and straight. Is Samurai a good choice ?

2. How do I soak them, and for how long ? Hot or cold water ?

3. If I simply wear them for day to day use, will I develop the fades and creases ? Or do I have to wash it before the colour comes off those parts ?

Thanks in advance !

1. Samurai is a good choice for slim...S5000, or Pure Blue Japan 005, or Flathead F310...the choices go on and on. Take a look at www.blueingreensoho.com for your options.

2. Hot water (tap hot...not kettle), soak them for about 2 hours, then roll them in a towel to remove excess water and air dry.

3. Just wear them how you normally would, and don't wash them for 6 months (traditional sufu method...newer theories support washing whenever you want, ie monthly, so its up to you).

ok, so as i found out the edwin ed47 was an europe model i'm searching for another option... cause a friend of mine is in tokyo at the moment and i told him to get me a pair of jeans...

- they do not need to be selvedge

- they do need to be raw (:D)

- should not be skinny, wanna go back to regular i think (yea like ed47 would be great !)

- around 150$

anyone has some kind of advice which i should get or some fitting pics ? and where in tokyo would he get that certain pair ?!

thanks so much !

ok, so as i found out the edwin ed47 was an europe model i'm searching for another option... cause a friend of mine is in tokyo at the moment and i told him to get me a pair of jeans...

- they do not need to be selvedge

- they do need to be raw (:D)

- should not be skinny, wanna go back to regular i think (yea like ed47 would be great !)

- around 150$

anyone has some kind of advice which i should get or some fitting pics ? and where in tokyo would he get that certain pair ?!

thanks so much !

Maybe sugarcane 47's or 66's...although you can get those anywhere, but much cheaper in Japan. Probably available at any of the denim shops...Hinoya, Bears, Take5, etc.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic