SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Forget about the colour remover, My advice would be... wait until your mother goes out to the bingo, chuck a spade full of stones in her washing machine chuck your jeans in, 60C spin wash and as if like magic 80,s denim.

Then simply claim on the household insurance for the flooding and washing machine damage, If its a BEKO they will have had the same claim many times in the past.

Forget about the colour remover, My advice would be... wait until your mother goes out to the bingo, chuck a spade full of stones in her washing machine chuck your jeans in, 60C spin wash and as if like magic 80,s denim.

Then simply claim on the household insurance for the flooding and washing machine damage, If its a BEKO they will have had the same claim many times in the past.

That made me chuckle - sky trip to the launderette with some rocks in my pocket could be on the cards

Just wanted to see peoples suggestion on viberg boot sizing.

US sizing;

Using the brannock foot measuring device in the stores i'm a 8.5

my sizes:

red wing = 7.5

clarks = 7

seavees = 8.5

jack purcell = 8.5

Athletic shoes (nike/reebok) = 8.5

After doing some digging I should be either a 7 or 7.5 in Vibergs.  Just wanted to check if that is correct.

Thanks

I'm interested in making my own leather belt and I'll be buying the leather and all the supplies from Tandy. I'm wondering about the dye and if I should even dye it. Can you guys help me find some examples of what no dye would look like once worn in? Thanks

Hello, I'm new to here hence the late reply but I can help you.

Look for natural vegetable tanned belts/goods etc. I would describe the colour as manila. This Is the natural colour of the leather hide after It has been tanned and buffed to a smooth finish. This will develop Its own patina over time and darken In colour, you often see leather goods sold like this without any other colour applied. It will not be hard to find examples online.

I would advise against dying If you are Inexperienced but If you must then I can give you advice If needed.

Hope this helps.

Picking Brains:   If anyone has any leads on Italian Mills producing Selvedge it would be appreciated   Just got swatches from ITV and Berto but need to build a bigger library.  Legler went bust a few years ago and most of the others are not producing Selvage.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Picking Brains:   If anyone has any leads on Italian Mills producing Selvedge it would be appreciated   Just got swatches from ITV and Berto but need to build a bigger library.  Legler went bust a few years ago and most of the others are not producing Selvage.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a brand or brands of denim that do not stretch much? I'm mainly looking at Japanese denim as I've experienced a few american brands and would like to try something different, but I have a peeve about Denim that stretches a lot (like APC) particularly in the knee Region of the pant. Any help would be awesome thanks!

I ordered a shirt from klax-on about 3 weeks ago and it still has not shipped.  I've contacted them through email and their shop on rakuten but I haven't really gotten a reply yet.  Thoughts on what to do next?

Edited by itsbenhere

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic