SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have a question regarding shrinking canvas duck pants on purpose such as a pair of Roy ducks:

I have a pair of canvas duck pants coming in that may or may not be too big in the waist and length. Would putting the pants in hot water for a few hours and then hanging them out to dry do the trick to shrink them? I may be trying to shrink the pants 2 sizes down in the waist and length.

Hello, what is the name of this style of button?

Good question. I'm not sure what you'd call it outside of a "donut," but it could just be a matter of manufacturer's style or catalog name/product number. To me, even as a more simple donut button, it's definitely got a certain style to it with the curving up of the lip. I'm interested to see if anyone with some knowledge can give some input.

What is the most expensive denim available. Excluded are jeans like these from Gucci with expensive stones on them and also excluded are denim jeans that are not being made anymore like the oldest 'known' levi's.

I could only find this Momotaro Gold label

made by hand which costs over 2K (source).

It this the most expensive pair of denim jeas of today?

Nudie, Naked&Famous, 3Sixteen, Red Cloud

Depends on what you want to shell out...you can also get some good Japanese brands for not too much. Sugarcane or the Denime Basic Line. Or Burgus Plus

- Railcar Fine Goods

- Unbranded (around $80.)

I've tried searching but all topics about Rakuten were old. Anyway, I am in Asia and I am interested in getting a pair of Sugarcanes from Rakuten. Cost will be way cheaper than shipping it from US. I've found that several stores, even Bears, now allow international shipping. Anyone tried purchasing something from Rakuten stores?

What are the january sales like denim-wise in the EU? Beginner here w/ a student budget so I'd be looking to pay around €100 max. Hoping that APC have a killer sale. I also have a contact in japan who can send me over stuff if that makes any difference (preferably >10,000 yen).

Any suggestions for jeans with a slightly tapered fit that have a little extra room in the top blocks?

My 0701 and sexsc02 are becoming too tight around my thighs. I do want a fairly narrow leg opening though if possible. Currently I have the Albam regular in mind but any other sugestions would be welcome!

Edited by Crat

I'm looking for a ~14oz pair of raw jeans (or at least something that won't get too hot in summer in New England) with a lowish rise (9.5" looks decent on the pair I wear normally), and a relatively slim but not skinny straight or slightly-tapered fit. I have fairly big legs relative to my waist, a more relaxed fit might be OK also.

I do not want to pay for flashy details or brand name specifically (ie, no kevlar or such things), but I am willing to pay a premium price for durability ($200 or more, probably less than $400). A somewhat boring model from a less-popular company would be fine. What would you choose in my situation?

Edited by mellowllama

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic