SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have two favorite pairs of jeans: Flat Head F310 and Imperial SExI14. Between the two, I wear the Imperials more often and actually feel better in them (the top block on the FH feels awkwardly roomy). I am 6'2, 140 lbs, and I wear a size 30 in both of these jeans.

I am partial to heavier weight denim... my first pair of raw jeans were Samurai S710 (19oz). I would like something heavyweight again (16-21oz).

I am looking for a jean that fits as close to the SExI14 as possible but I would be happy with something in the small range between the two shown below:

Jeans_Fit-1.jpgJeans_Fit-2.jpg

Yay or nay on the following cuts:

what is the best way to "drain" the water from your raw jeans after a soak without a washing machine (or the best way to use the machine) without getting vertical lines down them. Living in Wales and in full autumn weather wearing the jeans to dry is not a practical option.

Edited by jewellben

Hang on a washing line inside (over the bath or shower) or outside if its not raining - yes, I know they'll take ages to dry! You can roll them in a dark towel first and squeeze the water out before hanging.

Hang on a washing line inside (over the bath or shower) or outside if its not raining - yes, I know they'll take ages to dry! You can roll them in a dark towel first and squeeze the water out before hanging.

Cheers Maynard - I like the sound of the towel trick

Hi guys, I haven't been on here for years and years, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I have a pair of 1947s that are on their last legs. I've had them for years - they're from back when Sugar Cane was still putting the Levis-looking tags and logo on everything.

I'm thinking of buying a new pair (despite the fact that prices have gone up about 50% since I first purchased them) and was wondering if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

G'morning everyone.

I'm about to happily receive a pair of Red Wing 875 boots that are only slightly worn but I'm not a huge fan of the colour. If I wanted to get them from the natural tan down to a darker (cigar, etc) colour, is that something I could do myself with relative ease? I'm pretty handy and I can work well with my hands but I know my limitations and I'm always nervous trying something for the first time on something that I don't want to wreck. If it's easy enough to do, are there dyes/polishes that are best for this kind of thing or considering that they're free, should I just lay down the cash and have them done professionally?

Can anyone help me find the measurement chart of a TOJ 2010 bomber? I can only find the 2.2 from the unofficial site and the newest jacket measurements from the official.

Thanks.

edit: fuck, my bad. forgot I was in superdenim...

Edited by Ecotrons

G'morning everyone.

I'm about to happily receive a pair of Red Wing 875 boots that are only slightly worn but I'm not a huge fan of the colour. If I wanted to get them from the natural tan down to a darker (cigar, etc) colour, is that something I could do myself with relative ease? I'm pretty handy and I can work well with my hands but I know my limitations and I'm always nervous trying something for the first time on something that I don't want to wreck. If it's easy enough to do, are there dyes/polishes that are best for this kind of thing or considering that they're free, should I just lay down the cash and have them done professionally?

Easiest way I've found to darken leather is by applying something like Obernauf Leather Preservative (LP), Snow Seal, or mink oil. You can warm up the shoe with a blow dryer and work the stuff into the pores of the leather, that'll definitely darken it. After you're done, let them sit for a day or so and hit it with some brown shoe polish if you're looking for shine.

Hi guys, I haven't been on here for years and years, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I have a pair of 1947s that are on their last legs. I've had them for years - they're from back when Sugar Cane was still putting the Levis-looking tags and logo on everything.

I'm thinking of buying a new pair (despite the fact that prices have gone up about 50% since I first purchased them) and was wondering if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

No change. They're still excellent quality jeans and still priced the same in Japanese Yen. You could always just order them directly from Rakuten in Japan. Many of the shops ship globally.

For example: http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?st=&tl=0&k=sc+1947

Not sure if this is the place but I'm looking for a pair of slim black jeans. Selvedge preferred but not required.

Also is it worth it getting a pair of waxed denim? I initially just wanted waxed denim but realized black or black overdye indigo jeans would be just as good.

For some reason I'm really fiending for some Diors, not really looking to spend over $300.

I'm buying my first pair of duck canvas pants (Billy Reid panel pant), however, I've heard of duck canvas shrinking with each wash over time.

Is it better to buy duck canvas pants 2 or 4 sizes bigger for minimal shrinking? I would hate to buy a pair of pants with this material that ends up being unwearable after a couple washes. This question is for non-pre washed duck canvas, such as Carhartt.

Xpost

Debating between the following.

IH-526BJ in a s

IH-526J in an xs

SC11962A in a 36

If anyone owns the SC11962A Sugar cane jacket, mind commenting on the hand(feel) of the denim. Does the jacket also have mixed in sugar cane fiber like some of their other offerings? Also is the patch on it cow-hide, deer skin, or paper? Which runs slimmer the IH of the SC? Anything else in the price range of the SC that anyone can recommend. I'm leaning more towards the 526J because the 21oz. looks beautiful, but I am not stoked on the $450 price tag.

any other suggestions are welcome!

cheers.

Edited by Rightyow77

Could anyone help me out as to what denim to choose. I have a lot of criteria when looking for a pair of raw denim jeans: want it to fit baggy (not ridiculously baggy though) but tapered at the bottom so the jeans dont fall over my shoes at the back. Needs to be dark blue indigo (not black though) and i want it to fade nice but I dont want the whole pair of jeans to change color to something light blue-ish. It's also important that it will have nice stacks at the bottom.

I know this is a lot of criteria lol

Could anyone help me out as to what denim to choose. I have a lot of criteria when looking for a pair of raw denim jeans: want it to fit baggy (not ridiculously baggy though) but tapered at the bottom so the jeans dont fall over my shoes at the back. Needs to be dark blue indigo (not black though) and i want it to fade nice but I dont want the whole pair of jeans to change color to something light blue-ish. It's also important that it will have nice stacks at the bottom.

I know this is a lot of criteria lol

Baggy but tapered? Okay, thats a weird one. Get some straight fit jeans, size them wrong, and then get them tapered.

Dark blue indigo? Most raws when theyre fresh, and over dyed jeans

Fade nice but you dont want the whole pair to fade? Bad news on that one, because if you wear and wash your jeans, they will fade all over eventually.

"Nice stacks"? Its called a long inseam length, be short and dont hem your jeans

Edited by Ghoul

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic