SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm pretty set on my next denim acquisition as being PBJ 007 or Sammy 710s.

I'm wondering if either of these denims or companies are known to shrink significantly more or less than the other? i've only dealt with sanforized denim (a few apc's, n&f) and a little tripped out about unsanforized denim and sizing to the correct post-soak fit.

Grazi

Inkinsurgent: Get Ande Whall, he makes slim cuts with nice long rises and up to 38" inseams.

Superego: Flat Head's 4000-series denim is black and gets great fades.

Bestie: I haven't had PBJ XX-007s, but I have 710s and they don't shrink very much, considering they're unsanforized.

Maguire: I can't recall handling Big John myself but I'm pretty sure they're affordable, mainstream jeans. Not bad, but not as nice as many of the Japanese brands discussed here (Flat Head, Samurai, PBJ, etc.)

Mattbeech: Just go ahead and wash them again, gently without a spin cycle won't mess up your jeans.

Does anyone know anything about 3x1 denim?

I get hooked up at Bergdorf Goodman and was thinking maybe I'll grab a pair since they'd be inexpensive. The pair I saw had a red weft (or warp? whichever is the inside.) which really doesn't interest me but I suppose it could be interesting. Bergdorf has a bullshit denim section. At least Barney's carries A.P.C. ...

Maybe I'll just buy a pair for scientific purposes?

hey everyone... am looking to buy my 1st balmain jeans from LVR..... after checking them with the actual measurement and was quoted

is balmain size so big?

i saw from supertalk.superfuture and some of the jeans sold there quote size 29 fit like size 27 or 28...

any guru can confirm the sizing??? i dun wanna waste $$ to buy a wrong size....

i'm a regular DH size 29.......

thanks thanks....

LUISAVIAROMA - LUXURY SHOPPING WORLDWIDE SHIPPING - FLORENCE

size 27

Waist: 40 cm

Rise: 22.5 cm

Tigh: 21 cm

Inseam. 82 cm

Hem: 15.5 cm

size 27

Waist: 41.5 cm

Rise: 23 cm

Tigh: 22 cm

Inseam: 84 cm

Hem: 15.5 cm

size 27

Waist: 40 cm

Rise: 25 cm

Thigh: 23 cm

Inseam: 87 cm

I found a pair of Helmut Lang raw denim at a great price--really, construction and aesthetic is top notch--but was confused when I read on the label that they are to be "dry cleaned only." Has any one heard of this type of care for raw denim before and if so, what kind of damage am I looking at if they undergo soaks and general machine washes? (Ultra handwash, of course.)

Edited by Shoreman

is there a general rule of thumb when sizing inseam? i don't want my ankles showing when i sit so i know not to get "true" inseam (crotch to floor barefoot) but then again i don't want stacks up to calves.

also, anyone know if selfedge or anywhere accepts jeans to be mailed in to be hemmed via chain stitch?

Edited by Discyphr

can anyone tell me their experiences with machine washing raw denim? I understand to use a gentle cycle at a low temp, and obviously to expect more indigo loss than a gentle handwash. I am more worried about the jeans wrinkling/creasing/fading in undesirable places as a result of being tossed around in the machine.

any advice? Thanks

front loading washing machines generally aren't too rough on clothes. like ray said, pull them before the spin cycle if you're really worried, and hang them to dry. I usually wash my jeans on regular, warm, medium spin and then hang to dry. Only one pair have ever gotten a crease line, and I'm not 100% sure that was because of the washing machine. You can see it here on the left shin of my Warehouse 1001XX. A small one has formed on the right shin too. Since the one of the left leg runs over the knee and up on the thigh, and is parallel to the out seam of the jeans, I almost wonder if there was a little flaw or glitch in the denim or construction that caused a pucker or something that created the line.

dsc01772uh.jpg

Just need a bit of help here. When I try to post pictures using the image tags ([/img]) it gives me this weird error saying " You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. ". It says the same thing when I press the little image button at the top of the reply box. What am I doing wrong? :(

even sanforized denim shrinks slightly. usually about .5" in the inseam with a cold wash. doesn't generally stretch out.

front loading washing machines generally aren't too rough on clothes. like ray said, pull them before the spin cycle if you're really worried, and hang them to dry. I usually wash my jeans on regular, warm, medium spin and then hang to dry. Only one pair have ever gotten a crease line, and I'm not 100% sure that was because of the washing machine. You can see it here on the left shin of my Warehouse 1001XX. A small one has formed on the right shin too. Since the one of the left leg runs over the knee and up on the thigh, and is parallel to the out seam of the jeans, I almost wonder if there was a little flaw or glitch in the denim or construction that caused a pucker or something that created the line.

dsc01772uh.jpg

I don't think I would've even noticed those lines if you hadn't mentioned them. They are probably even less visible when you're wearing them.

I'm pleased to say my jeans came out just fine. thanks for the advice everyone

So, this weekend was my birthday, I don't remember what happened friday night but I know that I threw up while leaving the bar. Thankfully, I didn't puke ON my nudies, but because it splattered all over the cement, it also hit my nudies. They're not ready to be washed, is there any way I can go about cleaning them??? I'm not 100% sure on soaking them either, but if I have to, I'll do that.

So, this weekend was my birthday, I don't remember what happened friday night but I know that I threw up while leaving the bar. Thankfully, I didn't puke ON my nudies, but because it splattered all over the cement, it also hit my nudies. They're not ready to be washed, is there any way I can go about cleaning them??? I'm not 100% sure on soaking them either, but if I have to, I'll do that.

Definitely do something. Why not just soak and very gently wash the part that's got vomit on it if you don't want to soak the entire pair?

Thankfully, I didn't puke ON my nudies, but because it splattered all over the cement, it also hit my nudies. They're not ready to be washed,

Dude, you're fucking gross. Would you walk around in any other piece of clothing with the contents of your stomach splattered on them? No.

Soak 'em, wash 'em, whatever. They NEED soap and water.

The obsession for fades vs cleanliness never ceases to amaze me.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic