SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Cultizm has quite a few clearance LVC in large sizes.

Thanks for the input. I just checked out their site, and they have lots of 38"s and a nice '54Z that is more my size, in a 42" waist...

I find UK Levi's stop at 38" waist, even though it seems the population's waistline is expanding :)

More of a technical question, but whatever. I noticed some areas on my jeans have sort of a packed-in sheen on them and haven't faded very much. Would washing my jeans refresh the fibers so they rub against each other causing more abrasion and subsequently more fading?

say what? Shinyness is from body oil and just genral shit that builds up on your jeans.... washing them might free up that stuff and also some loose indigo on your jeans... fading comes from abrasion from outside stuff that you occur in everyday life w/ very little of it actually coming from the jeans itself, the only point where this occurs would be the back of the leg...

Hi Guys,

New here but been lurking for a bit, decided on a pair of LVC 47 501s as my first pair of raw jeans. Just wondering though, im a size 36 in normal cheap jeans, should i get a size up when buying LVC to account for shrink?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

New here but been lurking for a bit, decided on a pair of LVC 47 501s as my first pair of raw jeans. Just wondering though, im a size 36 in normal cheap jeans, should i get a size up when buying LVC to account for shrink?

Thanks!

Yes, go to Paul T's website:

http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%201947.html

http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%201955.html

Scroll towards the bottom to see a comparison pic of 47/55.

thanks for quoting me, I'm honoured.

Check out the link in my sig, too... the 47 sizing question comes up rather often.

Thanks for the guide Paul, very informative! Im still a little confused, im not sure if they're post 2009 or not.

Although, the particular ones im looking at are from the japanese LVC factory, and as far as i know japan stopped production of LVC's so its probably safe to assume that its not TTS right?

has there ever been a fat guy (38 waist) denim tour? i'd really like to participate in these tours but I am a big guy

I've kicked this idea around for a while, there needs to be a tour for bigger guys. And with a brand or model that doesn't get a lot of press around here. I was thinking something like the Oni Blue, or the PBJ XX-009. If we could find something big enough, a Lee or Wrangler repro would be cool.

Can anyone give me some sizing advice for Buzz chambrays? I'm a small in Iron Heart shirts, a large in Buzz sweats, generally a size 40 chest. The measurements on these are befuddling and I can't tell if I should go with a medium or a small.

Thanks for the guide Paul, very informative! Im still a little confused, im not sure if they're post 2009 or not.

Although, the particular ones im looking at are from the japanese LVC factory, and as far as i know japan stopped production of LVC's so its probably safe to assume that its not TTS right?

vlad, really sorry, but I'm not up to speed with sizing on all the JP versions; unfortunately the page I had bookmarked with all the dimensions has disappeared. EMail the seller: if they want your money, they should be prepared to give you actual dimensions.

I think I might be allergic to my warehouses. Fuck that, any one heard of such a thing?

im allergic to the metal buttons on my chef jackets at work and i get green spots where they come in contact if thats any help...

It does not, just makes me feel like a pussy. I hope it's something else

how many people wash using detergent?

Plenty of people. Some people use Dr Bronners, and general advice is to avoid anything with phosphates and especially bleaching agents, but personally some of my jeans looked at their best when the g/f threw them in the machine with regular detergent.

I wash them all the time when they stink, coming from a tropical country, that's pretty often. I throw whatever detergent my mom has at home and I think that works pretty well for me. I tend to give them a three hour cold soak before doing the wash though. Some say this is harsh, but I'd rather have clean fabric around my crotch. That's more important than anything else for me.

Levi Vintage 1955 501 Sugared Rigid.

Just ordered a pair of these - I normally stick to raw untouched stuff from LVC. What's the view here on the "effected" LVC? A bit too much of a short cut? I'll be fine with them if they come and look natural (ie even though they ain't as long as it isn't blindingly obvious the initial wear isn't mad fake).

Anyone bagged the "sugared" LVC?

I'm also assuming they are raw and will shrink in a bath despite having been messed with...

Levi Vintage 1955 501 Sugared Rigid.

Just ordered a pair of these - I normally stick to raw untouched stuff from LVC. What's the view here on the "effected" LVC? A bit too much of a short cut? I'll be fine with them if they come and look natural (ie even though they ain't as long as it isn't blindingly obvious the initial wear isn't mad fake).

Anyone bagged the "sugared" LVC?

I'm also assuming they are raw and will shrink in a bath despite having been messed with...

THey won't shrink; if they're distressed, they're washed.

The very best washed LVC is amazing - check out eltopo's 1901s for instance, or the new barnyard jeans. Personally i"m not a fan of the mid-price washed stuff, unless it's on sale, but examples like cheepmotherfukr's 1933 distressed LVC show they can come out looking amazing, if you put some real wear into them.

Damn. Distressed = washed is what I feared but they were shown as specifically "Unwashed and unshrunk 'rigid' denim. Sugared Rigid finish".

I'll see what they look like 'pon arrival. FTR they were they puppies:

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-vintage-1955-501-sugared-rigid_pre-buy.html

Thanks Paul - was hoping you was lurking ;-)

Damn. Distressed = washed is what I feared but they were shown as specifically "Unwashed and unshrunk 'rigid' denim. Sugared Rigid finish".

I'll see what they look like 'pon arrival. FTR they were they puppies:

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-vintage-1955-501-sugared-rigid_pre-buy.html

Thanks Paul - was hoping you was lurking ;-)

well, that hanon listing is pretty specific. Maybe they're right, but it would be a first to my knowledge. If they don't shrink, you'd have a bona fide case for returning them... good luck and let us know what happens.

I've kicked this idea around for a while, there needs to be a tour for bigger guys. And with a brand or model that doesn't get a lot of press around here. I was thinking something like the Oni Blue, or the PBJ XX-009. If we could find something big enough, a Lee or Wrangler repro would be cool.

As denim is symbolic of youthful rebellion, I wouldn't have thought large and/or middle aged men would be the target demograph for the jeans manufacturers. This is unfortunate for me, as I fall into both categories :rolleyes:

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic