SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i always thought that tan wallets look rather silly and that the whole aging thing and getting a nice patina made the wallet look ugly and used (yes i am partial to black wallets) on the other hand if you're into that kind of thing then the choice is rather obvious.

yet that black wallet is pretty flashy with that weave pattern. in the end i wouldn't take either - i guess that was some useless advice eh?

I tried searching google and the forums and google didn't turn anything up and I got tired of sorting through threads that didn't answer this question...

I got a pair of 34 leg jeans and 32 legs are what I normally get. 32's tend to just a bit past my heel, and I don't get any grubby freyed hems on the legs, so no worries about the 34's(I wear shoes constantly), but what I want to know is will longer legs promote more stacks or will the stacks get all weird and asymmetrical because of the excess material?

Also, with low cut shoes, will the extra stacks(if there are) tend to be behind the knee or by the calves?

I remember reading somewhere once that someone preferred to get longer legs for more stacks, but they might have just been an idiot for all I know. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am friends with a seamstress that has an old singer from the fifties that she could use to hem them if they needed to be, so getting them hemmed isn't an issue should they be too long or whatever.

I want to order a pair of jeans from japan but Im confused about the measurements provided. The page says 'washed size table'. Do they mean the measurements they provided are hot soaked already? I want to get into the smallest jeans I can fit into and I want the jeans I'm buying to have a 31 waist. Here's the link : http://www.translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e2nd.net%2Fbr-sj%2Fsj-411-01-f%2Fsj-s0505xx2.htm&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0= Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I want to order a pair of jeans from japan but Im confused about the measurements provided. The page says 'washed size table'. Do they mean the measurements they provided are hot soaked already? I want to get into the smallest jeans I can fit into and I want the jeans I'm buying to have a 31 waist. Here's the link : http://www.translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e2nd.net%2Fbr-sj%2Fsj-411-01-f%2Fsj-s0505xx2.htm&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0= Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

The measurements provided are for a one-wash model. I would probably order a size 29-30 because the texas cotton denim stretches a lot.

I want to get a pair of Uniqlo T-000's in grey coated or khaki. Do they all fit the same? And I wear 25 for APC New Standards but I can't decide between 28 or 29 for the T-000's. I want around the same, skinny fit. Any advice on which size to get? I think my true waist is 28 but I'm not 100% sure.

I've got some inquiries in regards to the SDA piggy belt that I have.. here are some detailed pics..

I bought the belt from the SDA store in Harajuku about a month ago, I was deciding whether or not to get the Sugar Cane belt w/ garrison buckle at that time and I am glad I went with the SDA belt..

I threw the original tag somewhere and I can't seem to locate it.. I remember the tag says something like vegetable dyed, it was also available in black. The buckle I think is made from pewter, the leather is cow leather.

web.jpg?ver=12535812250001

web.jpg?ver=12535812170001

web.jpg?ver=12535812040001

web.jpg?ver=12535812100001

I recently bought a pair of Levi LVC 1947s (the ones that retail for about $100, got at half price). However, I'm a 30x32, and I got a 30x34 that is already quite snug on my waist. Should I a) cold soak and hang dry or B) soak while wearing and wear till dry/hang dry or c) not soak at all and wait for some stretching first?

I recently bought a pair of Levi LVC 1947s (the ones that retail for about $100, got at half price). However, I'm a 30x32, and I got a 30x34 that is already quite snug on my waist. Should I a) cold soak and hang dry or B) soak while wearing and wear till dry/hang dry or c) not soak at all and wait for some stretching first?

I would cold soak and hang dry.

If they are more than quite snug I would soak them and wear them til dry. I don't really think theres much of a reason to wear them into the tub unless you can barely button them pre-soak. You should be able to get plenty of stretch while wearing them wet or damp.

also...

never hot wash (and when washing I would recommend a gentle handwashing rather than machine. this should also save you some future shrinkage.). you might be able to sort out the waist after a hot wash but the thigh area is going to be tight and undesirable if you do hot wash.

imho if you have to avoid hotwashing, or wear the jeans in the tub and leave em on while dry, or use a hanger for stretching the waist that's the first sign that the jean is ill-fitting. size up, or find a cut that's ergonomically suited to YOUR body. wearing jeans is all about comfort my friend. style/fashion trends come and go, but comfort does not. as far as how often you wear your jeans, that's completely up to you. it all depends how hard you wear them when you are wearing them. if you do hard work/physically challenging activity you don't really have to wear them all day everyday to get fades. example: you can do heavy construction/contracting work and get more fading out of a pair of 45rpms(sorahikos, not jomons) than a student wearing flatheads or sams who sits a lot and remains relatively docile. it's what you do that counts....

imho if you have to avoid hotwashing, or wear the jeans in the tub and leave em on while dry, or use a hanger for stretching the waist that's the first sign that the jean is ill-fitting. size up, or find a cut that's ergonomically suited to YOUR body. wearing jeans is all about comfort my friend. style/fashion trends come and go, but comfort does not. as far as how often you wear your jeans, that's completely up to you. it all depends how hard you wear them when you are wearing them. if you do hard work/physically challenging activity you don't really have to wear them all day everyday to get fades. example: you can do heavy construction/contracting work and get more fading out of a pair of 45rpms(sorahikos, not jomons) than a student wearing flatheads or sams who sits a lot and remains relatively docile. it's what you do that counts....

thats all fine and dandy and I agree with you but...

he said he picked up the LVCs for a discounted price and he couldn't find another size. So hes gotta go with what hes got.

if he avoids heat he will be ok.

oh, i saw that he got them for a discount, but i wasn't aware other sizes were available. if he always cold washes won't they achieve max shrinkage eventually anyway? oh well, just my 2 pennies with a hole in it...

I'll bet Big Bad Billy Boy's LVC are going to be just fine in the waist and thighs. The 34 length on 32 legs sounds like trouble. Start with the cold soak, wear 'em damp, avoid the first wash and enjoy. You'll get $50 worth of wear out of them. They eventually will be too short and small for proper steez, give 'em to your girlfriend at that point. Save up some money. Buy a proper fitting jawn, as they say.

As I get older I'm not such a fan of sales. I think it's best to know what you want and spend what that costs to cop. You'll waste more money chasing deals than just buying what you really want.

really, i'm a broke mofo and i'll take any discount i can get! if, of course the item is the right size. but don't buy jawns that don't fit no matter the price. unless they fit someone you know, and they'll be sure to reimburse you

akuma, im broke as a joke @ the moment, but thanx for the invite! we'll cross paths sooner or later...

Which method for soaking unsanforized denim to get the best creases / honeycombs / whiskers?

In lukewarm water:

1) soaking while wearing in bathtub. Standing up a few time / squatting / etc to let gravity set the creases in. Need to be careful what movements you make because the creases stay when dried. (example: don't hang upside down)

2) turning inside out and soaking, then hanging to dry.

This method seems to me that you'd get less creases to begin with.

I've only done the 1st method so I wouldn't know.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic