SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can someone please help me? I have a very hard time deciding which pair of jeans to get....Samurai S5000VX or Iron Heart 634S, both 21oz denim. As for IH 634S, I got my questions answered regarding to sizing. But for the Samurai S5000VX, I heard mixed reviews about the sizing.

According to this thread on the 1st page: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=48318. It says size down 1 for regular fit and size down 2 for slim fit......but that post was back in early 2008, so does it still applies as of right now?

I think the sizingadvice on the 5000VX was for the 19oz version.

I'd just size down 1 max for the 21oz version.

i have a question about dior 21cm's. i am 5'8" and have a 31" waist, 22.5" thighs and 16" calves. will i be able to fit into 21cms?

i want a slim not skin tight fit (i have some slim jims sz31 and the thighs are damn close to skin tight). and ive heard that the only difference between 19cm and 21cm are below the knee, and i know 19cm were not meant for people with bigger legs. i found two measurements for 21cms but they were nowhere close to each other despite being only 1 tag size diff.

I think the 21 cm would be fine, but I would recommend to size down 1 as opposed to two. The 19cm and 21 cm are very similar in the thigh and seat region, but the 19cm has a noticeably more intense taper. They'll certainly be slim to start out, but they'll stretch and give you a fitted and slim fit that's not awkward looking, something that's slightly tough to get for a guy with bigger quads/legs.

Does anyone know of a jean made with indigo dyed yarn "redyed" (I suppose) black (so the black will come off to indigo), with a grey weft? No idea, this just popped into my head.

cone black seed denim is blue denim overdyed with one dip of black. its kinda blueish black and the weft is gray. maybe you could look for some jeans made with that stuff

what's the best way to dye a indigo denim jacket black?

FYI it is a levis type 3 jacket w/o the side pockets c. 70s/80s.. would the contrast stitching still be the synthetic thread that resists dye absorbtion?

should i bleach the jacket first, then dye?

The threads won't dye. But RIT black dye, two bottles in the tub with the jacket for a few hours.

i have a bottle of black and a bottle of scarlet (lol)

i am going to do this for poops and giggles and see what happens (pics to follow)

Hey i have gone through a dozen different types of selvage raw denim and just cant find the fit im looking for. I am looking for an "anti-fit" long rise room in the thighs and tapered knee to ankle. You guys have any suggested brands? Im liking my imperials duke and even steven nudies fit. Thanks!

sounds like imperial shearer to me... CMIIW...

this might not help at all, but i went to an indian(native american) pow-wow last summer, and they were selling gorgeous swatches of elk and deer hide for dirt-cheap. mad different shades too. i bought a few redmoon-esque pouches for like 10 bucks, but i'm still kicking myself in the ass for not getting a bunch of leather. if you just need cheap leather go the the thrift, and cop an old leather jacket and cut it as needed. i don't know where to get custom shit. PM conniejeans, or andewhall, they might know

i know it's been asked (and even answered) before, but my searching did not yield any satisfactory answer. forgive me if i missed something... my question:

does anyone have any ACTUAL experience with bike saddles that do not fade jeans? my current saddle (a vinyl or pleather material, i think) is creating a rather unflattering fade up my crotch.

someone (beatle?) recommended trying a leather seat awhile back. anyone actually have a leather saddle and ride a lot? verdict?

what about a plastic (bmx style) seat?

...i'm not picky about how jeans fade, but i think the saddle fade is ruining my jeans. any help is appreciated. and it would be rad if you PM'd me, as i don't check this thread often.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic