SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

im probably opening pandoras box here, but this time last year everyone was waiting for the pre-orders of the sufu660 jean and this year i havent heard anything about a contest. is there anything in the works?

yes, i also wonder if there's any new contest planned

well there's been some contests being made over at mynudies.com

"burgus plus, eternal 811, $180 dollar jeans" contest or the "evisu no1. 2000 cut" contest. no sponsors for both, but they're in the works. trying to see which one turns out more legit :X

Hey i'm looking to get a pair of japanese denim. I'm just wondering which one would have the same or very similar cut and fit to the apc ns. I kinda dont want apc's again but i love the fit/cut. Preferably selvaged, not shrink-to-fit, but either is fine.

thanks.

I've always been afraid to pick up a super nice jacket cos i dont wanna screw it up. haha i suppose i could have someone like.. block it (??) and have it forced back into shape.

well you could wear it for a long time, and then give it a cold soak to minimize the shrinkage even though it would probably stretch back to normal with repeated wear.

Guys i need help on a strange issue. Sometimes i will have pinkish patches (or dye-like stain) on my clothings and i have not mixed my clothings with any other with colors that might stained while washing.

It just keep occuring, and i looked into the possibilites... i have no idea why ( i even hang my clothes indoor too to prevent that)

Anyone have similar experience?? Thanks!

Hand washed... hmm... i actually done some research over at google.. most says that it is due to bleach... and i never use them.... strange indeed..

that used to happen a lot to my clothes, and i think it had something to do with the detergent. it was sort of pink, but more like peach.

Just wondering, why is Yoox.com so cheap? is it legit? i assume so, because i see thrads for it.. it just seems sketchy to me.

This question is in regard to the first machine wash in an odd situation.

I've been wearing these Thin Finn's religiously for almost 15 months. The crotch had blown out in a major way around 4 months ago, which was a combination of nelglect on my part, riding a bicycle daily, and wrestling with some pretty playful hound dogs. I had them patched at a place that was recommended, and the job was done with poor quality. It was only 6 dollars, but you get what you pay for. Anyway, the patch itself has blown out--again, in a major way.

My question (finally): Should I have the jeans patched before my first wash, or should I wash them first? I am worried that if I have them patched, the jeans will shrink disproportionately to the patch and result in a funky fit more funky than before. On the other hand, if I do not have them patched, will the machine wash progress the already large hole? I am worried as to how it will affect that area.

Some pictures of the hole follow. Again, about 15 months. No machine washes, no formal soaks. Just rain and being homeless, traveling, hopping trains, camping, etc.

BEHOLD THE GAPING MAW

one

two

three

hi, i'm 15, and 5'7.5. when i go shopping for jeans, i am really hopeless because none of them fit me. i'm normally 28/30 but when i bought 28/30 jeans from diesel, they were too long and i had to hem them (i know you guys hate this brand but the jeans i bought fit really well). so do you guys know a brand that has jeans for short people? i was thinking about buying APC jeans but i looked around and found out that their inseam was 34 inches long. maybe i'm wrong, correct me if i am.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic