SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've owned a pair of Studio D'Artisan 003 for coming up on a year now, and to be honest, I sized down way too much. They have a pretty nice lap fade, but the honeycombs are all fucked up and due to sizing down the fade on the seat is intense.

They don't look bad, but they've always been snug in the thighs and waist, basically like a sized down 103. Now I'm at the point where the rivets are already ripped through the pockets and the yoke is coming unstiched due to the heavy seat wear.

Would you guys just toss them in the closet as a nice broken in pair of lefty twills (i have a pair of sorahikos that need wear) or get them fixed and keep on keepin on? mind you that they are not the most comfortable things and the grey weft probably isn't going to allow for THAT much more fading

I would give them a hand wash, stick them in the closet, and start on the Sorahikos. You can always come back to them later, but it sounds like you need a break. I'm sure they look fine after a year anyway.

I would give them a hand wash, stick them in the closet, and start on the Sorahikos. You can always come back to them later, but it sounds like you need a break. I'm sure they look fine after a year anyway.

not before thoroughly taking pictures though...

erbs is a good man he always seems to answer my pointless small questions

i decided that because I only have two pairs of jeans that I really like and wear that I would get them fixed and keep going for as long as possible.

So i dropped them off at a local tailor today with a note on the backpocket that said "please restitch/reinforce the yoke with a similar colour thread" only to get a call about an hour later from the tailor asking me what the "yoke" is.

I may have just sent my favorite, well worn, now extinct jeans to the electric chair.

erbs is a good man he always seems to answer my pointless small questions

i decided that because I only have two pairs of jeans that I really like and wear that I would get them fixed and keep going for as long as possible.

So i dropped them off at a local tailor today with a note on the backpocket that said "please restitch/reinforce the yoke with a similar colour thread" only to get a call about an hour later from the tailor asking me what the "yoke" is.

I may have just sent my favorite, well worn, now extinct jeans to the electric chair.

Hopefully they get it right. The story sounded like a good denimsuperconfessional.

Quick question about the first wash and achieving the best contrasting fades. People suggest putting Woolite Dark, which would minimize the indigo loss. But wouldn't that be counter productive?

Considering if I wear my jeans hard for 6-8 months, would I just do a hot wash with maybe a bit of organic soap to achieve the best contrast?

Quick question about the first wash and achieving the best contrasting fades. People suggest putting Woolite Dark, which would minimize the indigo loss. But wouldn't that be counter productive?

Considering if I wear my jeans hard for 6-8 months, would I just do a hot wash with maybe a bit of organic soap to achieve the best contrast?

yeah woolite retains the color alot so if its a higher contrast fade you'd want.. use it with hot wash / soap since they must smell.

Step up your game. Getting APC would just be moving sideways, go after the skulls or another Japanese brand.

I keep hearing bad things about skulls

edit: forgot to say that this was after i started looking at the thread, seems like a ton of people are complaining about the quality?

I bought some APC NS in 28. I wear 30 with a little extra to be comfortable, i have 29s that fit me nice and tight. Should i be worried about not sizing down enough? Will a belt help it from loosening too much?

Edit: Tried on my levis size 30 and it fits me perfectly, if that helps. Those 2 other jeans are guess jeans in 30 and 29.

Could someone point me to that page on ratuken that explains how to order stuff from them without speaking japanese? I remember there was one that explained all the fields and all of that but I can't seem to find. TIA

Could someone point me to that page on ratuken that explains how to order stuff from them without speaking japanese? I remember there was one that explained all the fields and all of that but I can't seem to find. TIA

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/super-rag/info-en/qo/index.html

And Cameland's excellent post on mynudies:

http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4962

What're the alternatives to doing a hot soak? I have no bathtub or anything I could do a hot soak in. I was thinking of taking a hot shower in my jeans and then just sitting it out while soaked.. how will this work

It'll take a really really really long time. I suppose you could shower, then get out and hang dry them, but the limited time in the shower wouldn't really get the full effect, and you'd be spraying the outside of the jeans, whereas i'd recommend soaking them inside out. Which i guess you could do but then you might stain your bits blue. You don't need a bathtub. Even a bucket will do.

does cotton stitching look different than poly/blend stitching, appearance wise? Like if you look at cotton stitched jeans, and a poly stitched counterpart, can you visually see a difference between the two?

well i think if it is cotton vs. cotton/poly blend then they will look the same. because a good blend just has a poly core, so it will have the appearance of 100% cotton, just perform better over time. if it is 100% cotton vs. 100% poly then it will look different over time...

lost my charger so my camera is currently my only phone. apologies for looking like a scrub. i just got these in the mail and wanted to put them on immediately. im sure u feel me on that one ;)

skull 5507xx one wash 30 sized down one. too many pictures to post all at once, so i'll post one and link you to a gallery with more. as you can see, my mirror broke while in the process of taking these pictures haha

04-10-08_1333.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Pir0g03th/5507xx/

thinking about 1) starching it to get better honeycombs 2) hemming it 3) double cuffing

i always thought skulls were all about being ridiculous stiff. these are actually quite soft and comfortable--is that because they're o/w? that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Repair question here:

What should I do about the threads coming loose on my Skull 5010?

I was thinking of just supergluing the threads, I'm not handy with sewing machines at all.

3 months, 1 initial hot soak.

I just leave them...but you could snip them I suppose. Superglue would probably just degrade the thread and tear anyway.

They arent Common Projects.

To answer some of your questions and concerns:

I would avoid the starch you wont really need it because honeycombs will develop on their own. If you really don't like the length then I would suggest hemming them although I think simple stacking looks the best. And you are correct to assume that the reason that they are soft is that they are one wash. A raw pair would be more stiff but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Just wear them and they will fade in the right places.

agreed...I can see that not everyone wants raw jeans, but the backpockets are all kinds of wrong. you can do better for that money. take a look at context clothing's site for alternatives.

i agree the backpockets are terrible, but however i do like the front part, nice whiskers/fading color. shame really.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic