SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What brand makes a low waist, bootcut selvedge for women and where can i buy them?

Selfedge has a pair of women's bootcut Sugarcane jeans...not sure if they're low waisted. Slings & Stones also make girl's jeans, and I'm sure if you sort through all of Skulls jeans, one of their women's pairs would be suitable.

Just picked up a pair of used selvage levis from a market.

There's a stain that wouldn't come out with washing. The problem is I don't know what the stain is. Is there some sort of stain removal advice for removing stains generally when you have no idea what the stain is?

By the way, it looks almost like set toothpaste but not sure.

Just picked up a pair of used selvage levis from a market.

There's a stain that wouldn't come out with washing. The problem is I don't know what the stain is. Is there some sort of stain removal advice for removing stains generally when you have no idea what the stain is?

By the way, it looks almost like set toothpaste but not sure.

Bring it to a drycleaner...they can do amazing things.

there is a black raw version with a white weft and yes it will fade there is also the dry black coated and they will fade and get shinny.

cool thanks for the help so basically they are like normal raw jeans and they will form crease and honey combes after wear?

Well, I've heard of some people taking their jeans into the tailor and getting 1 or 2 inches off on the waist without altering the look too much. 1 inch would actually be perfect...

I"ve heard a lot of horror stories about doing this with denim. But I bet some other people have first hand experience they can relate...

wondering....if you get a pair of raw 29 jeans but the actual (pre soak) measures 31. after soak it shrinks down to a 29...wouldnt you be able to strech it back out to a 31 with ease like what it was before the soak? if this is true....it would make it a lot easier to buy raw jeans, especially online.

wondering....if you get a pair of raw 29 jeans but the actual (pre soak) measures 31. after soak it shrinks down to a 29...wouldnt you be able to strech it back out to a 31 with ease like what it was before the soak? if this is true....it would make it a lot easier to buy raw jeans, especially online.

if youre talking about shrink to fit jeans...your statement would make sense, but all jeans shrink different amounts and some stretch a little bit, and some stretch a lot...you just have to do your research.

If they are distressed, most likely the shrinkage is built into the garment. I say "most likely" because most distressed washes go through a full process to avoid variances - so I think you will be ok, especially if the shade of your jeans is lighter than rigid indigo blue... There may be cases of odd, anomolous partial washes i.e. unwashed with starch 3-d and sanding vs. resin or some other weirdness but should not be the case with LVC... There may be the normal slight shrinkage because wash/dry will tighten up the fibers as with any pair of jeans, but they should "stretch" back to where they should be after a little wear in time. Hope this makes you feel more comfortable about getting them.

Jjust started washing and working on my new 33's in a tagged 36 waist...What a great light weight denim!!!!

They are big big big.....definately at bit bigger in the wasit then standard STF tagged 36 or even my new eco 501 big E organics

LVC folks..i want to buy a new pair but the 36 are big....advise

I want a hard wash vintage but to go through japan would be a problem with returns....Options:

1) i buy a 34" hard washed and strech the crap out of the waist

2) Does the LVC raw stretch like say an apc. That means i could buy a raw 34 and strech it out...only if it would strech more then then the option 1 above.

3) stick with the 36 in the raw (with the label that says buy 2" larger in the waist) and continue to wash and dry HOT. And try this at least 10 times....this would be based on prior postings which say you need at least 5 cycles of wash dry to really shrink them.

Thanks for any advice...

how much do cheap monday jeans stretch?

im looking at the stretch fabric aswell as the normal overdye denim..

i mean.. im a 29, should i order a 29 in the stetch? 29 in the standard?

could i get away with a 27/28 in the stretch? or even in the standard?

am i making any sense? im fucking tired.

cheers

i'm about to go out any buy some a.p.c's in soho, just wondering everybody is recommending me to buy some new standards and they were talking about i should buy the jeans 1 or 2 sizes smaller, can anyone confirm?

i wear 30w in seven jeans, so should i get a 29 or 28 in new standards??

much appreciated

^^ size down 2 maybe even 3 if your thighs can swing it. and don't soak APC's you can wear them right out of the store, keeping the starch in them helps with the fading process. besides the stiffness goes away anyway.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic